Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is definitely a case of those that can do and those who can't micromanage!

Unfortunately it looks like I am just going to have to deal with getting everything approved no matter how minor. Such a waste of time but maybe a good opportunity for some malicious compliance 🤣

I have worked at a company for over 11 years and the general manager has decided that every little thing regarding leave and working hours now needs to be approved by him. I needed to come in 1 hour late so I worked extra time earlier in the week in agreement with my direct manager but we didn't get the general manager to approve it. This morning I get a snarky email saying that everything needs to be approved and how many times do I need to be told. I work in a professional role with no customer contact that doesn't really matter what time I work.

Where is the trust after 11 years. So frustrating.

Is this a new manager? If not, has his chain of command changed? Has there been a lot of problems with regard to leave and working hours?

Is this a new manager? If not, has his chain of command changed? Has there been a lot of problems with regard to leave and working hours?
He has been the manager for a few years (owner's son :rolleyes: ) but around 18 months ago decided that he needed to approve my leave instead of my boss because one day I was on leave and he needed something and I wasn't there. I am always on time to work and haven't had any problems with leave previously. It is just micromanaging and today it just really frustrated me.

This world has gone crazy...

i walk into work yesterday at 7am and already had orders for a head scan on this guy: "hit on the head with a hammer by father". OK....I need coffee first. I walk past the patients room and he is wild. I grab my coffee and come back to the nurses station "whats with this guy" I ask. "Oh, he's ok. Family dispute. He's harmless".

There is a cop with him, who the guy isn't incredibly thrilled with. Cop comes out to tell us that the guy just threw his urine all over the place. Take a sip of my coffee, "I'll be back, not in the mood for this crap." TOO EARLY

I come back about 15 minutes later trying to be all cheerful with this dude. I got him a warm blanket and all. He was super grateful at first. But pushing the stretcher down the hall....something snapped. I was screamed at and and called words that even I don't use.

I don't deal with this stuff. I'm done. So I turned the stretcher right back around and took him back to the ER. I didn't even say anything to him cause it's not worth it. He is screaming...get this girl away from me she is drunk. Look at her gray hair on top of her head and shes been sitting at the bar all night drunk. Do you want this girl to do your cat scan, she's on drugs and drunk.

for some reason though he was fixated on my gray roots coming in LOL. So guess what I am doing tomorrow? LOL

The second time I brought him back he was sleeping the whole time, as soon as he woke up and saw me he started it all over again. Mind you, he was in shackles and hand cuffs. The cop kept apologizing to me the entire time. I assured him that I'm used to it. His words don't bother me...except the gray hair thing LMBO. But again, back to the ER.

Third times a charm. ER doc got him good and snowed, and finally was able to do the scan. Geodon to the rescue!!

The day before one of our male nurses was slapped across the face by a female patient while he was taking her blood pressure.

A bunch of weeks ago I was grabbed by a patient twice (two different patients in the same night). The first one I told her that I was going to call the cops and she let go. She had my arm. The second one had me by my shirt and hair/ponytail. She just kept screaming at me about the pregnancy form I asked her to sign off on...with my hair in her fist. I pulled off my mask and put my glasses up with my free hand... I'm like "you let go of me or I'm gonna shut the door and it's just gonna be just me and you in here, DO.YOU.UNDERSTAND??" She got it. Then she started crying.

These aren't psych patients, or demented patients. I'm used to that. These are just regular people. It's scary that regular people (not in any altered condition) just think they can act this way.

And I'm super cool with people. I might have a little bit of RBF going on, but I know how to talk to people and always treat them nice (warm blanket for the guy who tried to kill his father). Usually people tell me I'm nice, or gentle.....BEST IV STARTER IN THE WORLD. LOL.

But geeze. I feel like lately people just want to act out for everything anymore.

Someone threw a smoothie at my car! Like WHO DOES THAT??!

I was driving down the road, there was no one in front of me for a mile, all of a sudden when a car passes me on the other side I hear something hit my driver's side front (around the mirror). I was on autopilot, so it stunned me. I didn't get a good look at the car or anything, because it was so sudden. I see it on the window, it looks like an orange smoothie. I'll admit I was confused...but for where all the cars were...there is no way it was an accident on their part, they purposefully launched a full smoothie cup at my car for some reason.

Luckily the car wash was right around the corner so I swung around to wash it off before it dried.

Unluckily, the smoothie cup scraped my car pretty bad...this car is only a year old and I'm having nothing but bad luck with it. The other day a giant concrete rock crashed through the front grill as I was driving down the highway. The week before I caught my passenger side roll bar on the corner of a curb and it tore off (this was admittedly my fault though). I think I need to sage the darn thing!

His words don't bother me...except the gray hair thing LMBO. But again, back to the ER.

Don't let that bother you! Glitter is gorgeous!
I've had people start mentioning my glitter recently...I don't pay it any mind. The ones I have finally stretch the full 2.5 feet to the end of my hair, so they've been there approximately since my first two kids were born haha!

I also want to say, thank you for what you do and I'm sorry that people are being so insufferable.

This world has gone crazy...

It's been that way for quite awhile. A friend posted an article from some shrink on Saturday that says Will Smith is a victim of "unresolved trauma"; I think he's an ongoing victim of Domestic Violence, but that still doesn't excuse his actions.

Our country hasn't been this divided since the Civil War, but at least the divide was fairly understandable with issues of slavery and state's rights. Today...it's...it's like watching a derailed train in slow motion plowing through everything and seeing folks on the sidelines clapping and cheering at all the death and destruction.

Don't let that bother you! Glitter is gorgeous!
I've had people start mentioning my glitter recently...I don't pay it any mind. The ones I have finally stretch the full 2.5 feet to the end of my hair, so they've been there approximately since my first two kids were born haha!

I also want to say, thank you for what you do and I'm sorry that people are being so insufferable.
I usually dye it. Nothing crazy, just the natural color of my hair. I've been working so much lately its been hard to keep up with it. Plus my hair is long so it takes two boxes to dye it all.

Sorry about the smoothie on your car. Who does that? That's why I like my old truck. It doesn't bother me when I get a scratch. A comcast guy a few years ago backed into my car with his truck out side of the pool room one day. Now THAT bothered me because to this day the tailgate won't go down. I never got it fixed because I always planned to get another truck, but that hasn't happened yet. Plus the prices of cars now...I will run her into the ground before I get another car.

I hit a tire on the turnpike last year. You know, the shredded up truck tires you see all the time. I couldn't avoid it. The car in front of me hit it first and it came flying back at me. I'm just thankful that it didn't go through my windshield. I got home and the front bumper of my truck was half off. I just pulled it the rest of the way off and called it a day. Funny thing was, the whole time I kept hearing a noise as I was driving...it was the (vinyl?) bumper curled up under my car dragging along the road lol. Don't get me started on the pebbles that fly out of the back of dump trucks....I have a nice ding on my windshield from that directly in my field of view. I'd go insane if I had a pretty new car lol.

It's been that way for quite awhile. A friend posted an article from some shrink on Saturday that says Will Smith is a victim of "unresolved trauma"; I think he's an ongoing victim of Domestic Violence, but that still doesn't excuse his actions.

Our country hasn't been this divided since the Civil War, but at least the divide was fairly understandable with issues of slavery and state's rights. Today...it's...it's like watching a derailed train in slow motion plowing through everything and seeing folks on the sidelines clapping and cheering at all the death and destruction.
PRAY!!! Blessings!

Noisy neighbors!!

I don't understand how they can stand their own noise. They moved in right about the beginning of covid, so its been I guess two years.

When the contractors unceremoniously ripped down the forest back there, I couldn't wait until construction was over so we could have some peace and quiet again in our sleepy little neighborhood.

They are a cute little family: 2 adults, two kids. It started with the parties. Not big drinking parties, just family stuff. But the blaring music and bounce houses, etc. I was talking to my friend and he made fun of me "how dare they have fun". Ok I get it, I was being a fuddy duddy and I miss my forest. Plus it was covid, so I figured mom and dad were home for that and needed stuff to do with the kids.

I have gotten used to the 4 days a week party at their house. They do wrap it up when the sun goes down. Although it is still weird to me that all 4 of them still wear their n95s in their own back yard, but who am I to judge.

About a year ago they got a dog. I thought it was a puppy so I ignored the constant barking. By now a year later I am realizing that it is a yappy dog that they apparently leave outside because it probably gets on their nerves as well.

Last night at around 10pm I am sitting on the back porch talking on the phone. For at least 2 hours this dog was barking. My friend says "WILL YOU JUST GO IN THE HOUSE TO TALK?? It's all I can hear."

Finally I'm like "oh my gosh shut up already!!" SIIIILLLLENCE. At first I felt terrible. I don't want to start a battle, or even worse a battle over people being too loud...I KNOW my voice carries. how embarrassed would I feel if one of the neighbors screamed for me to shut up lol. But just then, all the neighbors one by one started shouting out "Thank you!"

A little proud of myself for stopping it last night....6am this morning it started all over again and has been going on for 4 hours straight now.

Noisy neighbors!!

The single dude upstairs with a waterbed...swish swish swish swish swish. One night I got pissed off and beat on the ceiling with a broom handle and shouted "Hurry up and c-- already!" We ended up having a good laugh about it and I helped him moved the bed to the other bedroom since my Dad worked nights.

Neighbors had a rooster. It wasn't a huge deal until another neighbor moved in who worked construction, who, when he got up at 3am, would turn on his bathroom light. His very bright bathroom light that was on the east side. The rooster though the sun was coming up. It took about a week of shooting it in the butt with a BB Rifle before it learned the difference between a bathroom light and the sun.

Current neighbors. She has 'issues'...he's an alcoholic. He's been arrested a few times...DUII, domestic violence. The last two years have been hell. He had just got home when Covid hit. Unable to work because his industry was shut down, he turned into Mr Handyman. It started with his yard...weeding and feeding, out with his little bucket digging up weeds. Caught him one night out with a flashlight digging up our weeds so they wouldn't 'seed' his lawn. No...stay off our property, we like our weeds, it's the only green thing growing. Then he started complaining about our cats...I let them out for about an hour in the morning when I'm home. He was upset because one of them likes to jump up on one of his plant shelves...one that he doesn't use. No, the cat doesn't eat the plants. No, the cat doesn't move anything. No, the cat doesn't scratch anything. But he saw the cat up there. Dude...that cat is the reason why neither of us have mice. Then he complained that we need to wash our vehicles...makes the neighbor hood look bad. And our bushes need to be trimmed (I threated him with bodily harm if he touched them...those suckers keep our electric bill down during the summer). And our arcadia screen door needs to be replaced (we know). And how we need to build a privacy fence for our back patio...that we have never used because we are on the corner and it's pretty much part of our neighbor's front yard and useless.

I was almost grateful when he started drinking again. Until the fighting started again.

Its Tuesday. TUESDAY!! They are back there setting up for another party. These people are freakin insane!

I feel like Mrs. Kravitz LOL LOL. I have off for a few days, so what better is there to do?

I have all my plans set out for my challenge soap, but waiting for my wsp order to get here with my new fo's. UPS usually comes around 1, so keeping my fingers crossed that I can get this started this afternoon. Maybe I can focus my energy on that. I went out to work on my garden, but got annoyed.

It's like a kids bday party out there every day. I like music. I even like their spanish music. Eventually though, they are gonna start blasting it out there and it's going to drown out my own music inside my house. Balloons and everything. I guess living their life to the fullest. I dunno. I have no explanation for this. The kids don't go outside with the other kids in the neighborhood. They don't ride bikes, don't play ball.

The dog is going nuts. Don't get me wrong, Abby used to let her inner wolf out occasionally WOOOooooooooooooooooo. And she was deaf, so never got to hear the rest of the neighborhood pack call back at her LOL. But this is yap, yap yap yap yap for hours on end into the night. I don't think the dog ever sleeps.

Maybe I can mail them a letter....

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Noisypants....

Sincerely,
Tired Neighbors

edit...I don't think they would care.

edit again: Its 7 hours later from the original message, and the dog is still barking

Last edited:
I could keep yall here for a while telling you about my neighbors. I will refrain and just say I want my porch back. I am tired of my neighbors (which happens to be my landlord) packages cluttering up my porch. Someone please take all electronics away from him and his wife.

Can I jump on the bad neighbor bandwagon? The guy comes on our property to snoop around...haven't caught him in a while...but we are going to put up more cameras...sigh. Calls the city on us every chance he gets...I don't know why he can't just get a life. We're quiet, mind our own business, don't keep trash in the yard or anything (although he claims we do:rolleyes: to get the city to come out and look)...he just doesn't like our "aesthetic" I guess. Also, he's just a racist old kook (he's exchanged words that make that clear)...so there's that. I do have some good neighbors though, they've been encouraging through our struggle with him.

Finally I'm like "oh my gosh shut up already!!" SIIIILLLLENCE. At first I felt terrible. I don't want to start a battle, or even worse a battle over people being too loud...I KNOW my voice carries. how embarrassed would I feel if one of the neighbors screamed for me to shut up lol. But just then, all the neighbors one by one started shouting out "Thank you!"

Something similar happened where I live. After months and months of "this (12 year old) girl is on fireeeeeeee", someone finally told her to shut up and I was happy to join the screaming crowd! It was cathartic and efective, now I can hear her rehearsing only a few hours a week.

I just received a delivery from BB, in which the mica jars had opened and the FO bottles had leaked. I wrote them and send pictures of the mess, and they are sending out replacements.
But what I would like to gripe about is, why do FO and EO manufacturing companies not seal bottles under the caps like cooking oil companies do?? I mean even if you wrap up the bottles with electrical tape, if the bottle wants to leak, it’s gonna leak.
Sigh.

Can I jump on the bad neighbor bandwagon? The guy comes on our property to snoop around...haven't caught him in a while...but we are going to put up more cameras...sigh. Calls the city on us every chance he gets...I don't know why he can't just get a life. We're quiet, mind our own business, don't keep trash in the yard or anything (although he claims we do:rolleyes: to get the city to come out and look)...he just doesn't like our "aesthetic" I guess. Also, he's just a racist old kook (he's exchanged words that make that clear)...so there's that. I do have some good neighbors though, they've been encouraging through our struggle with him.
Sounds like my old neighbor back in philly. He complained about everything, and called the city on me about a weed in my driveway. I explained to the city guy about the neighbors shenanigans. He just laughed, shook his head and left. Darned straight i watered and even fertilized that weed from then on in.

Then one day he knocked on my door to tell me that my 7 year old was playing with the n***** across the street. I told him i was gonna knock him off the stoop. Kids dont care about color. Why you gonna teach them that?? We got into a heated arguement about it. Mom of the kids came to my house later to thank me because she heard the whole thing. I felt so bad because she heard his words.

Last year my daughter called me to tell me “Mr Ed“ died. GOOD!! Its about time, the miserable old [pick a four letter word]. He was old when i lived there in the 90’s. Miserable ppl always seem to live forever.

Every year i always did a flower border along my wall. He always complained. One year i did all red white and blue. He complained about that too. So the next year i did all black petunias. He sprayed roundup on them. What a miserable human.

Something similar happened where I live. After months and months of "this (12 year old) girl is on fireeeeeeee", someone finally told her to shut up and I was happy to join the screaming crowd! It was cathartic and efective, now I can hear her rehearsing only a few hours a week.
I kind of feel bad for the girl...but I'm glad she still sings (at a more reasonable schedule for community living).

Latest posts

Back