Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The neighbor’s dog.

sweet, well mannered pup. Doesn’t approach. They let it out at night, off leash. It’s a breed that does well with the snow (Samoyed/st Bernard mix?) and he’s never run in front of cars that I’ve seen.

my husband leaves the house at 3am. Three times this week he opened the door to barking at the end of the driveway. Today I had the same at 6am. I would have had better luck scraping frosting off my car this morning. How the @#$& am I supposed to see a white dog in the road? Smart dog stayed 10 yards away and moved close to my front door while I was pulling out but how long can you trust the luck?

I need to add the police non-emergency line to my phone. We don’t have a dedicated animal control number

I kind of feel bad for the girl...

I know it was something horrible to do, specially to a kid. I used to sing in choirs, so I know the importance of vocal exercises and rehearsing, but she was overdoing it after she performed on TV.
The girl is much nicer to everyone after that, which I didn't expect.

Sounds like my old neighbor back in philly. He complained about everything, and called the city on me about a weed in my driveway. I explained to the city guy about the neighbors shenanigans. He just laughed, shook his head and left. Darned straight i watered and even fertilized that weed from then on in.

Then one day he knocked on my door to tell me that my 7 year old was playing with the n***** across the street. I told him i was gonna knock him off the stoop. Kids dont care about color. Why you gonna teach them that?? We got into a heated arguement about it. Mom of the kids came to my house later to thank me because she heard the whole thing. I felt so bad because she heard his words.

Last year my daughter called me to tell me “Mr Ed“ died. GOOD!! Its about time, the miserable old [pick a four letter word]. He was old when i lived there in the 90’s. Miserable ppl always seem to live forever.

Every year i always did a flower border along my wall. He always complained. One year i did all red white and blue. He complained about that too. So the next year i did all black petunias. He sprayed roundup on them. What a miserable human.
Sorry but I have to wonder what made him so unhappy. People are not naturally awful; life events make them that way.

Good news: My family might be going to Disney this year...I haven't been in like 27 years, so I'm stoked...my almost kindergarteners will be stoked too.

Bad news: I tell my hubby, "hey, you can't schedule the vacation for the second Saturday of the month from May-July, because I have a craft show"...his response "who cares about your craft show?" I was like "me obviously".

I spend so much of my time lifting him up and helping him with his endeavors... so it's a little disheartening. Also, I do well at my craft shows! It's not like I go there and sit around losing money all day...I do need to do MORE of them, which I was working my way up to this year since everything seemed to be getting back to normal. I also like getting out there for the most part.

Then he comes back with "well, I guess we aren't going"...I was like yeah, because I need you to schedule it around one day of any particular month...right... :rolleyes: As long as he doesn't tell our kids and then take it away, I'm fine with either way.

So we might be going, we might not...but he's on my bad behavior list for the time being.

I spend so much of my time lifting him up and helping him with his endeavors... so it's a little disheartening.

You want me to have a bit of a 'come-to-Jesus' talk with him? My husband will tell that I'm really good at it and I promise to only bring one flying monkey and my smallest can of Whoop-Ass. And I won't make him cry (I made one of my husband's doctors cry, but he deserved it).

You want me to have a bit of a 'come-to-Jesus' talk with him? My husband will tell that I'm really good at it and I promise to only bring one flying monkey and my smallest can of Whoop-Ass. And I won't make him cry (I made one of my husband's doctors cry, but he deserved it).
LOL...I appreciate it.
I'm getting better at handling his "bad behavior" moments like this. When I was younger I let him walk all over me (I wouldn't have come back with the "me obviously" or the retort about scheduling it around a single day), but as time goes on I'm learning to stick up for myself and say the inside things out loud.
...I might have to bring you in if he pulls a tells the kids it's my fault moment though...I don't really think he'll do this but my brain goes to worst case scenario pretty fast.

He's really not a bad guy overall...but he does have moments like this where I have no idea where it's coming from. Maybe a cultural difference...maybe his mom didn't hug him enough when he was a kid...who knows.

LOL...I appreciate it.
I'm getting better at handling his "bad behavior" moments like this. When I was younger I let him walk all over me (I wouldn't have come back with the "me obviously" or the retort about scheduling it around a single day), but as time goes on I'm learning to stick up for myself and say the inside things out loud.
...I might have to bring you in if he pulls a tells the kids it's my fault moment though...I don't really think he'll do this but my brain goes to worst case scenario pretty fast.

He's really not a bad guy overall...but he does have moments like this where I have no idea where it's coming from. Maybe a cultural difference...maybe his mom didn't hug him enough when he was a kid...who knows.
You may want to wait until your children are just a few years older. Little ones get tired pretty fast and can make their families and everyone areound them miserable. I’m not trying to shoot down you plans but,, speaking from our experience and that of many many of our relatives in Florida (they buy annual passes and go quite often). Our son and his wife had their honeymoon at DisneyWorld but waited until their kids were 14, 11, and 8 before they took them. Their reasoning was that it was so expensive that they wanted the kids and themselves to enjoy every minute. As regards your husband; mine was from a family that was full of smart asses and were not “warm” with each other. My family was opposite. At one point, I had to sit him down and tell him how much it hurt me when he made snarky comments. He listened and, over rtime, improved vastly. He has become more considerate in his comments and I have become more of a smart-ass. We have been married for 52 years - just takes some patience.

You may want to wait until your children are just a few years older.
Nah, the place is built for kindergarteners. I think its a perfect time. Then they think all of the characters are real, and really enjoy themselves. And they are only open until like 9. Then you can go back to the hotel and the pooped-out kids fall asleep and you can do adult stuff...like drink LOL.

At the end of the day they have a parade...every.single.day. Trust me, I did not see one sleepy, whiney kid at the parade.

A few times over the last year or so, during the checkout for an order I've had a 'tip the staff' option pop up. I understand that many small businesses are struggling and maybe trying to offset their increased prices, but this is quite off-putting to me. Enough that I will look elsewhere for what I want before I order from that place again. Up until today, I've given a small tip - and felt resentful and a little taken advantage of for doing it. For the first time I didn't leave a tip for products I ordered and feel a little like a jerk for not doing it. I want to/try to support small business when I can, but if they need to raise their prices a little I would rather see that than be asked for a tip - charge what you need to and think is a fair price for your products. I'm just wondering if you all have seen this too, and what are your feelings about it? If you sell, is this something you would consider in lieu of raising prices and, if so, help me understand why.

A few times over the last year or so, during the checkout for an order I've had a 'tip the staff' option pop up. I understand that many small businesses are struggling and maybe trying to offset their increased prices, but this is quite off-putting to me. Enough that I will look elsewhere for what I want before I order from that place again. Up until today, I've given a small tip - and felt resentful and a little taken advantage of for doing it. For the first time I didn't leave a tip for products I ordered and feel a little like a jerk for not doing it. I want to/try to support small business when I can, but if they need to raise their prices a little I would rather see that than be asked for a tip - charge what you need to and think is a fair price for your products. I'm just wondering if you all have seen this too, and what are your feelings about it? If you sell, is this something you would consider in lieu of raising prices and, if so, help me understand why.
I actually feel the same way. I don't know why but it always makes me a little angry. We don't even collect for anything on the site because I am afraid it will give the same feeling to people. I don't know why it puts me in such a bad mood. I know I have the right not to give a tip but then I feel like a bum.

I'm curious about where you've seen this. I've seen it for food orders and I'll tip because I know it takes work to put my order together, I know places are struggling and I'd tip in restaurant but I've never seen it in any other context.

I can totally understand your feelings.

A few times over the last year or so, during the checkout for an order I've had a 'tip the staff' option pop up. I understand that many small businesses are struggling and maybe trying to offset their increased prices, but this is quite off-putting to me.

This annoys me greatly as well, but some systems have that tip prompt built into programming and it can't be turned off.

Hope

I'm curious about where you've seen this. I've seen it for food orders and I'll tip because I know it takes work to put my order together, I know places are struggling and I'd tip in restaurant but I've never seen it in any other context.

I can totally understand your feelings.
I see it on various websites. I can't remember where off the top of my head. It is generally something that I only get once in awhile, like a piece for a curtain rod. And I think it was once at a place that sold all bamboo products. And I totally agree with you. If it is for wait staff then we do at least 20% as I know that their base pay is miniscule.

Last edited:
I hate that when I go to Panera Bread, they literally ask for a tip every time. You go to the counter to order your food, pick it up when it’s ready, and bus your table. How is a tip justified?

@rdc1978 I always tip for restaurants. I tip for my hair and other services. In this case (3 different companies) they are all soap supply/equipment related. I placed a nearly $200 order, then was asked if I wanted to tip. A tip option wasn't always available on one, the other two it was my first time ordering from them so I don't know if it was added or not. This is just something new, from small businesses that make their own products, not resellers and not large companies that have a lot of (or any) employees. I'd prefer not to name the companies because I do like all three and the products they offer. The tip thing just isn't sitting right with me at this moment.

@linne1gi I don't have a problem tipping at a place like Panera, but it is an option for you if you choose not to. The staff still prepares your food, wipes off your table after you leave even if you clear your dishes, clean the bathrooms, keep the coffee pot full, etc. Tipping for restaurant employees is a common practice because they are generally paid so poorly. And also, they have to deal with the public who are often times less than kind to them.

@rdc1978 I always tip for restaurants. I tip for my hair and other services. In this case (3 different companies) they are all soap supply/equipment related. I placed a nearly $200 order, then was asked if I wanted to tip. A tip option wasn't always available on one, the other two it was my first time ordering from them so I don't know if it was added or not. This is just something new, from small businesses that make their own products, not resellers and not large companies that have a lot of (or any) employees. I'd prefer not to name the companies because I do like all three and the products they offer. The tip thing just isn't sitting right with me at this moment.

@linne1gi I don't have a problem tipping at a place like Panera, but it is an option for you if you choose not to. The staff still prepares your food, wipes off your table after you leave even if you clear your dishes, clean the bathrooms, keep the coffee pot full, etc. Tipping for restaurant employees is a common practice because they are generally paid so poorly. And also, they have to deal with the public who are often times less than kind to them.
Dealing with the public should garner more money! That’s for sure, speaking after 40 years as a RN.

I had that happen on my last mail order, 15% tip, listed after the amount charged for the brackets!

@dibbles I would let them know how you feel, perhaps through an anonymous review?
The only problem with that is I wouldn't want to leave a negative review - they are all good companies with excellent products and customer service. Also very small businesses and I don't think my review would be anonymous to them. I also don't think there is a general review for the company and it would have to go under the product itself - which I am more than happy with. I hate it when I'm looking at something on Amazon and see 'one star' reviews, only to read that the reviewer is rating the Amazon driver that ran over the petunias rather than the product they received. So I wouldn't consider leaving negative comments for any of these vendors. They have made a business decision for reasons of their own. I was just wondering if anyone else has been encountering this and if I am feeling a bit annoyed alone or with company.

I had that happen on my last mail order, 15% tip, listed after the amount charged for the brackets!
You were just charged a tip without your knowlege? 😲

Last edited:
Back