Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww @Peachy Clean Soap I didn't read Relle's post that way at all - I took it as good clean ribbing, all in fun.

Well, as "clean" as any post about toilets can be. 😄
I do use toilet seat paper guard’ but I’ll keep in mind the infrared auto flush can misfire. YIKES 😳

Awwww @Peachy Clean Soap I didn't read Relle's post that way at all - I took it as good clean ribbing, all in fun.

And PS, yes, since you asked first, you get first dibs on the soap supplies. My husband will have NO CLUE what to do with them! Bring a truck, lol.
Yay me,,, Whoohoo 🧼🤗💫🤣

Last edited:
🤗@AliOop 🤗
As dreadful as your bathroom mishap is’ I don’t think it will take you out’ 🚽⚰‘ but if it does can I have your soap supplies.? 🧼🤩
My address is: 1/2 Hovering Bun St. Splashing, Toilet.
😂😂😛😂😅😜
Smack Laugh.gif
Smack Laugh.gif
Smack Laugh.gif

I didn't perceive Relle's comment as rude. My Mom taught me to squat over a public toilet without coming in contact with the seat. But that was before they made toilet seat covers.:p

I didn't perceive Relle's comment as rude. My Mom taught me to squat over a public toilet without coming in contact with the seat. But that was before they made toilet seat covers.:p
Your Comment Speak‘s Volumes. If I were in your position as Admin / Moderator 👩‍⚖️ I’d choose to deescalate opposed to escalate a negative comment made by your fellow Admin / Moderator @Relle. Most Sad 😢.

Last edited:
Your Comment Speak‘s Volumes. If I were in your position as Admin / Moderator 👩‍⚖️ I’d choose to deescalate opposed to escalate a negative comment made by your fellow Admin / Moderator @Relle. Most Sad 😢.
Please, keep in mind that comments that are written out have no emotional context. I didn't see Relle's comment as rude or negative, perhaps a little sarcastic but nothing more.

You should probably remember that you cannot read a person's tone. I looked back at the comment and I didn't find it rude. My mom taught me to squat and I taught my daughter to squat. Some bathrooms are nasty and women can be just as disgusting as the perceived thought of men in the bathroom. I always thought of it as a life skill.

@AliOop ,that made me laugh AND reminded me of the toilets at MSY in New Orleans. They have thin plastic seat covers that fit on the seat and automatically rotate along with the toilet flush! I've seen them in a few other places since, but I thought it was the coolest thing when I first saw them at MSY years ago!! Yay!! We can finally sit down!! Then my husband ruined it by saying "How do you know you're getting a fresh cover? What if it's just one piece of plastic going around and around?" He crushed my dreams, lol!

@AliOop ,that made me laugh AND reminded me of the toilets at MSY in New Orleans. They have thin plastic seat covers that fit on the seat and automatically rotate along with the toilet flush! I've seen them in a few other places since, but I thought it was the coolest thing when I first saw them at MSY years ago!! Yay!! We can finally sit down!! Then my husband ruined it by saying "How do you know you're getting a fresh cover? What if it's just one piece of plastic going around and around?" He crushed my dreams, lol!
He's got a point though.

I've been in a soaping rut for months now. I've made one loaf of CP this year...I think it's the least soap I've made in probably three and a half years since I started. I've made a couple of MP loaves...but I still feel like I'm not accomplishing anything (which is hard for me).
There are several reasons: mental health, the fact that my "soap room" isn't finished yet and has been this way for months (no overhead lights and only a space heater), winter blahs, busy with work and kids.
Hopefully I can turn it around soon, I do have a couple of shows later in the year but I was hoping to do more with 2022.

I've been in a soaping rut for months now. I've made one loaf of CP this year...I think it's the least soap I've made in probably three and a half years since I started. I've made a couple of MP loaves...but I still feel like I'm not accomplishing anything (which is hard for me).
There are several reasons: mental health, the fact that my "soap room" isn't finished yet and has been this way for months (no overhead lights and only a space heater), winter blahs, busy with work and kids.
Hopefully I can turn it around soon, I do have a couple of shows later in the year but I was hoping to do more with 2022.
I hope you can ignite your pleasure you once had for soaping. I’m not sure if you CP soap method but maybe a small batch to switch things up. The struggles are real hugs 🤗🤗💫🧼.

Another daughter rear ended while sitting at a red light! Sadly this time driver doesn’t have fabulous insurance. In fact his card information didn’t match his vehicle, but my daughter to distraught to notice. He had no license plate! We arrived in less than 10 just to see him drive away. He didn’t want police & doesn’t want insurance involved. Of course we called it in anyway to both but getting those calls as a parent from your frightened children, regardless of age, is unnerving. I think I’ve got 20 new gray hairs! 👩‍🦳

And PS, yes, since you asked first, you get first dibs on the soap supplies. My husband will have NO CLUE what to do with them! Bring a truck, lol.

Dibs? Soaps Supplies? I have a Kia.

Well, if Peachy and Gecko had a road race to my soap supply cabinets, Gecko is a lot closer and would probably win.

But it does seem to be moot for now - all healthy here (so far). Sorry to disappoint. 😜

The vendor coordinator at the last market that I did.

Every flipping time that you talk to her, it's like the first time she ever met you. It is really driving me crazy. The market that I did last month, SHE texted me and asked me if I could fill a spot. I said yes. Then I sent in the application and texted her asking where to send the money. I then got an online text interview. Finally I was like "you asked me!" She wanted pictures of my product (oh my gosh, again??).

Mind you, this was my first event with her, but our texts go back and forth for about a year. This was the first time I said yes.

She sent a message this afternoon for an event on April 2 "World Fair Street Party" looking for vendors. I text her back..."do you still have available spaces, I would like to rent a spot". She says "what type of product do you sell?" (literally lady, scroll back about 6 messages)

UGGGH

Again, back and forth on my product. Finally she says "which country will you represent with your soap?"

I only said "sorry, I guess I misunderstood your text asking if I wanted to be a vendor". The original message never said that vendors had to represent a country. I guess in retrospect it does lol, I figured food. But I just don't understand with all of the communication that we have had, and all of the pictures, that she would even send me a message asking who I was. Maybe I am seeing it all wrong. I dunno. But like I said, every day is a new day when she talks to me.

The vendor coordinator at the last market that I did.

Every flipping time that you talk to her, it's like the first time she ever met you. It is really driving me crazy. The market that I did last month, SHE texted me and asked me if I could fill a spot. I said yes. Then I sent in the application and texted her asking where to send the money. I then got an online text interview. Finally I was like "you asked me!" She wanted pictures of my product (oh my gosh, again??).

Mind you, this was my first event with her, but our texts go back and forth for about a year. This was the first time I said yes.

She sent a message this afternoon for an event on April 2 "World Fair Street Party" looking for vendors. I text her back..."do you still have available spaces, I would like to rent a spot". She says "what type of product do you sell?" (literally lady, scroll back about 6 messages)

UGGGH

Again, back and forth on my product. Finally she says "which country will you represent with your soap?"

I only said "sorry, I guess I misunderstood your text asking if I wanted to be a vendor". The original message never said that vendors had to represent a country. I guess in retrospect it does lol, I figured food. But I just don't understand with all of the communication that we have had, and all of the pictures, that she would even send me a message asking who I was. Maybe I am seeing it all wrong. I dunno. But like I said, every day is a new day when she talks to me.

I have to give kudos to our market organizers. They're amazing. That said, the main Farmers Market that I was thinking of attending is a whole 'nother thing. They're asking for paperwork they don't even require, like a Natural Health License number. I sell cosmetics; I have to register my recipes but I do not require any kind of license. Even the Bath & Body Guild has told me so. It's a juried market so EVERY SINGLE ITEM must be documented and juried before I would be allowed to sell it.

I ain't got time for that kind of paperwork. I still work full time! I'm going to pass on that market even though I know I could sell out easily there.

Micromanagers! Grrr.

I have worked at a company for over 11 years and the general manager has decided that every little thing regarding leave and working hours now needs to be approved by him. I needed to come in 1 hour late so I worked extra time earlier in the week in agreement with my direct manager but we didn't get the general manager to approve it. This morning I get a snarky email saying that everything needs to be approved and how many times do I need to be told. I work in a professional role with no customer contact that doesn't really matter what time I work.

Where is the trust after 11 years. So frustrating.

Latest posts

Back