Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Gripe: someone hacked into my bank account & added themselves as a recipient to send money! Thankfully, they didn't send themselves any money because I caught it before that could happen. But it just shows me how important it is to read those alerts that come from my bank! I think I need to put a special ring tone for texts from financial institutions because they are all the same. I have a special ring tone for Hubby's texts, so I can always differentiate his from everyone else's.

Anyway, it's shocking that someone was able to log into my online banking and set this up so (what seems to me) easily, and what a huge hassle it is to have to change username and passwords again and again with so many different companies (I hate having to come up with new passwords!)

I posted a warning on FB for folks to NOT answer those 'fun' quizzes that ask: Like “How old would you be if your age was reversed?” Or “Who was the first concert you attended?” Or “what was your nickname as a kid?” Or “Name a pet no longer with you?” Or “What is the name of your favorite Aunt or Uncle?”

At issue is that while some of them are really silly, many are common Security Questions that folks often set up so they can reset usernames and passwords.

All the answers on my Security Questions are lies. As an example...Dad's middle name is "John", Mom's maiden name is "Deer" and my childhood nickname is "Tractor".

As much as I dislike having to come up is UserNames and Passwords, I would dislike it more to lose all my money, so all my financial accounts have different UserNames and Passwords. I also don't 'save payments'. Inconvenient as all get out sometimes, but more inconvenient to lose my money. I also don't use 'auto login' for any financial account or have it as 'saved' in my browser (I use Chrome). I do use a personal information manager...got it years ago and it's great. Unless your computer decides to break down and you haven't done a recent back up.

Which is what happened to me this week. Mind you I'm not one of these folks who can't live without my electronic devices. Partly because I have lots of them...PC, laptop, netbook a couple of iPads and iPhones...but I've left my phone at work for the weekend, I've left my phone at my sister's, I went on vacation with only my phone and Kindle and didn't access the Internet once. But losing my passwords...that was particularly troublesome.

Even with what you posted being mostly true, it is still a bug to have to sit and let it ask for a couple of minutes so that it can then put you on hold for another 10 waiting for the next available representative who then tells you she is the wrong department but will transfer you to the proper person and then you get disconnected only to get to repeat the whole process again.
Long sentence huh?
Sad, infuriating even, tests my patience to the limit -- but oh so true. 🤪

So I had this camera in my walmart shopping cart since before xmas...was going to be a prezzie for myself that I never got around to purchasing.

DSLR camera, that I have been wanting for a while, not just to take soap pics, but of the beautiful landscapes and sunrises here..and my flowers in the garden. I don't know how to really use it to its potential, so I planned on taking a class, but I wanted the camera first.

Finally went for it and ordered it last night for pick up today at walmart. I got the msg that my camera was ready for pickup while driving on my way home from work.

I open the box at home....no freakin camera!! All the accessories were packed just fine, but the camera was gone. I drove straight back to walmart and now it is "under investigation" by their loss prevention department. So I only got to take my box of accessories home. I AM SO MAD.

I went in there all fired up, but I was actually just really nice about it. The ladies were really cool at the desk (oddly for walmart). When she handed me back my camera-less box to take with me, she kept apologizing telling me how sweet I was and saying she hoped I got my camera...which didn't seem very encouraging at the time, like "you mean there is a chance I might not actually get my camera?". I told her that I wanted to cry. Bad day and was really looking forward to it today. Was just a great thing getting that message that my order was ready for pick-up while I was driving home from work.

I paid via Klarna with installments. I guess I will complain if I don't get my camera tomorrow. I dunno.

So I had this camera in my walmart shopping cart since before xmas...was going to be a prezzie for myself that I never got around to purchasing.

DSLR camera, that I have been wanting for a while, not just to take soap pics, but of the beautiful landscapes and sunrises here..and my flowers in the garden. I don't know how to really use it to its potential, so I planned on taking a class, but I wanted the camera first.

Finally went for it and ordered it last night for pick up today at walmart. I got the msg that my camera was ready for pickup while driving on my way home from work.

I open the box at home....no freakin camera!! All the accessories were packed just fine, but the camera was gone. I drove straight back to walmart and now it is "under investigation" by their loss prevention department. So I only got to take my box of accessories home. I AM SO MAD.

I went in there all fired up, but I was actually just really nice about it. The ladies were really cool at the desk (oddly for walmart). When she handed me back my camera-less box to take with me, she kept apologizing telling me how sweet I was and saying she hoped I got my camera...which didn't seem very encouraging at the time, like "you mean there is a chance I might not actually get my camera?". I told her that I wanted to cry. Bad day and was really looking forward to it today. Was just a great thing getting that message that my order was ready for pick-up while I was driving home from work.

I paid via Klarna with installments. I guess I will complain if I don't get my camera tomorrow. I dunno.
So sorry this happened to you. I hope it works out.

I went in there all fired up, but I was actually just really nice about it. The ladies were really cool at the desk (oddly for walmart). When she handed me back my camera-less box to take with me, she kept apologizing telling me how sweet I was and saying she hoped I got my camera...
When I picked up an iPhone from Walmart I thought it odd that the Walmart associate insisted I check the box to verify phone was there before I left. Now I understand why. I so hope you get your camera! I’m sure I would’ve cried! 😿

been waiting on a decision about the camera for two days. Finally the woman sent me a text to come in. I got my camera YAY

Funny but not funny. i told the guy in the camera dept that the camera was missing from the box. He looked at the box and pointed out how neatly the tape was cut. “Its because they packed up the demo box, the camera that belongs to this box is over here.”

Oh well. All is good.

@JuLeeRenee :thumbs: I know, right?

pout.jpg

BIG TMI WARNING NOT TO READ THIS IF YOU ARE EASILY NAUSEATED

My gripe: the auto-flushing toilets in airports, when they decide to flush while one is still seated, thus spraying one's privates with water from the bowl. I am now convinced that I'll be dying a horrible death very soon, due to flesh-eating bacteria or other diseases.

BIG TMI WARNING NOT TO READ THIS IF YOU ARE EASILY NAUSEATED

My gripe: the auto-flushing toilets in airports, when they decide to flush while one is still seated, thus spraying one's privates with water from the bowl. I am now convinced that I'll be dying a horrible death very soon, due to flesh-eating bacteria or other diseases.
That must be because the toilet bowls are full of water in the US. Here in Oz, the water is very low in the toilet bowl. Also, didn't your mother tell you NEVER EVER sit on public toilets.

LOL @AliOop They say that toilet water is the very most cleanest water anyway. I forget where I heard that, but if you think about it...its either your own germs or the clean water coming from the tank.

edit: I wanna talk about other stuff that could be in the bowl, while the clean water from the tank is spraying up into your lady parts, but I'm just gonna leave that one alone lol. Ok, I have other theories about toilet water lol. Hope you are ok girl. we will miss you if you are the one and only person out of 7 billion people on this earth that this has happened to and died a horrible death from. Death by premature toilet flushing. I will miss you.

i know its disgusting, just making light of it.

@Relle she was probably hovering so that's probably why it flushed prematurely lol. Like a balance act over the toilet lol.

Last edited:
oh my, y'all made my morning. Thanks for the belly laugh! So far, no skin has started rotting, so perhaps I may live...

And yes, @Catscankim is correct, I was technically squovering (squat-hovering), not sitting. And yes, all that large white space (my bum) covering the front of the sensor probably tricked it into thinking, hey, there's nothing here, let's flush!

@Relle
I don’t know if you realize what you said isn’t acceptable even more so holding the position to protect & guard against such behavior‘ rules & guideline, Here @ SMF.

Didn’t your “Mother” teach you manners on how to be polite & respectful towards others? or are you a rude bully knowing no one can say anything against you cause you are a (SMF MODERATOR 👩‍⚖️ ADMIN) in fear of retaliation ?.

( TMI ) my “Mother” raised me w/ proper manners that includes being polite & respectful to all & yes while using the “ lady’s room” I set down like a lady using a toilet 🚽 paper guard”. 💫🧑🏻

Update:
I do want to apologize for being so Harsh’ I just hope you can consider sometimes what we say can be received as rude’ that includes my response to you, which I shouldn’t be. 💫🤗.

Last edited:
Awwww @Peachy Clean Soap I didn't read Relle's post that way at all - I took it as good clean ribbing, all in fun.

Well, as "clean" as any post about toilets can be. 😄

And PS, yes, since you asked first, you get first dibs on the soap supplies. My husband will have NO CLUE what to do with them! Bring a truck, lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back