Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My work friend has been really difficult lately and I'm not sure why. About a month ago, she recommended me for a QC position that she'd been offered several times before but always refused. I accepted it. No extra pay but it keeps me busy and I like that. Shortly after I accepted the position, she started acting different. Lately, she's been walking around & inspecting parts when her machine is down or she takes her own parts to the lead in QC. She's been somewhat snappish towards me, she's been quick to dispute my findings if I think there's a problem with a part or she's continually giving me unsolicited advice about work. Today she constantly questioned the quality of her parts to the point that the machine processor & QC lead were like "What's her problem now?" when they saw me approach. I don't drive anymore and she's my ride to/from work. I live within walking distance of our job but she insists on driving me. I think she enjoys the "girl time" we have on the ride in as much as I do. But lately, if I say something she doesn't like, she "jokes" about making me walk. Recently she volunteered to take me to my doctor's appt. I got the latest appt they had available which meant having to wait until mid November to be seen instead of being seen next week. We'd have to leave work 10 min early which isn't a problem but she's been making such a big deal of it that today I told her that I didn't want to inconvenience her and if leaving a few minutes early next month was going to be that big of a problem then I could just take an Uber/Lyft. I'd prefer the ride from her as a Lyft would cost me $23 one way but she's making me not want to be around her.

Have to choose my words carefully because I am beyond irritated. Have a regular customer with a friend who wants certain scents. Wants me to order them in. Fine and dandy except none of my regular suppliers have them. The ones where i could fine 3 out of 4 of them wanted more in shipping tan the cost of the scents. $18 for 3 one ounce bottle just in shipping. She only wants two bars each so I was going to split up one batch but for that much shipping, its not worth it. I could ship that much anywhere in the US for $6.15 or less if I do standard first class.

People that refuse to understand that when you live in a Duplex that IS someone on the other side that has to listen to all the noise you make.............
I agree! I live in an apartment so I get noise from across the hall, next door and underneath us. I wish I knew why the guy across the hall feels the need to slam the door every time he leaves. The woman who lived there before him never had to slam it.

I agree! I live in an apartment so I get noise from across the hall, next door and underneath us. I wish I knew why the guy across the hall feels the need to slam the door every time he leaves. The woman who lived there before him never had to slam it.

People that refuse to understand that when you live in a Duplex that IS someone on the other side that has to listen to all the noise you make.............

I hear you! Why does the 70+ year old woman who lives upstairs decide to move furniture at 10:00 at night? Or 6 a.m.? And why, why, why, does she drop so much stuff? And does she have to drop her shoes on the floor above our heads when we're trying to sleep?

Still ranting about prices. Scent cups (about 2 oz) of wax cost me about $1 to produce and sell. My competitors seem to be able to price theirs at $2 or LESS :/ I finally gave up and posted mine at 3.25 (3 for the ones that use candle dye opposed to mica). Also a lot of these two ounce cups (other vendors) come out to 1.5 oz out of package... mine come closer to 2 oz out of package.

Still ranting about prices. Scent cups (about 2 oz) of wax cost me about $1 to produce and sell. My competitors seem to be able to price theirs at $2 or LESS :/ I finally gave up and posted mine at 3.25 (3 for the ones that use candle dye opposed to mica). Also a lot of these two ounce cups (other vendors) come out to 1.5 oz out of package... mine come closer to 2 oz out of package.
Is it hard to get wax in your area? I am able to make cent cups at about 56 cents apiece.
I don't use mica because it tends to sink in the lax and never fully blend in but I do use the color chips. I get my containers 10 for a dollar at the dollar store

Is it hard to get wax in your area? I am able to make cent cups at about 56 cents apiece.
I don't use mica because it tends to sink in the lax and never fully blend in but I do use the color chips. I get my containers 10 for a dollar at the dollar store

Its usually the fragrance that does me in. I was using 2 oz* bottles for awhile since I don't have the volume to buy in bulk - I mostly get 8 oz now, but still have a few scents that I stock that cost over $20 for 8 oz. The cups I get from dollar tree, so those are only .10. My wax is $111 for 50 lbs shipped. (so about .13 per oz). So, that's .36 + fragrance (about .30, but working on getting that cheaper) + colors (maybe .01 if dye, a little more for mica) + online sales fees (about .20) and shipping supplies (boxes, tissue paper, labels).

Also, I'm LOVING those dollar store containers you recommended :) I got the square ones for mica and the round ones for dye :)

I offer both mica and liquid candle dye options. I have dye blocks, but they are too difficult to use on small batches. I've only ever gotten one complaint on the mica, and it was on a giveaway. (I gave them wax and they complained) Most of my RTS stuff uses mica, but it really depends on what I'm doing. My RTS stuff usually has a bit of mica as a base (so its sparkley as it melts) and mica brushed on for added color. I also use biodegradable glitter :)

Edit: the 2 oz bottles range from 5 - 8 each, I'm trying to lower my costs by purchasing more from supplies that charge about $10/8oz, but still looooove some of the other suppliers so much that its worth it to pay a little extra.

Its usually the fragrance that does me in. I was using 2 oz* bottles for awhile since I don't have the volume to buy in bulk - I mostly get 8 oz now, but still have a few scents that I stock that cost over $20 for 8 oz. The cups I get from dollar tree, so those are only .10. My wax is $111 for 50 lbs shipped. (so about .13 per oz). So, that's .36 + fragrance (about .30, but working on getting that cheaper) + colors (maybe .01 if dye, a little more for mica) + online sales fees (about .20) and shipping supplies (boxes, tissue paper, labels).

Also, I'm LOVING those dollar store containers you recommended :) I got the square ones for mica and the round ones for dye :)

I offer both mica and liquid candle dye options. I have dye blocks, but they are too difficult to use on small batches. I've only ever gotten one complaint on the mica, and it was on a giveaway. (I gave them wax and they complained) Most of my RTS stuff uses mica, but it really depends on what I'm doing. My RTS stuff usually has a bit of mica as a base (so its sparkley as it melts) and mica brushed on for added color. I also use biodegradable glitter :)

Edit: the 2 oz bottles range from 5 - 8 each, I'm trying to lower my costs by purchasing more from supplies that charge about $10/8oz, but still looooove some of the other suppliers so much that its worth it to pay a little extra.

I know you usually get bigger bottles but aztech candles has a 5- 1oz for $5 every month and this month they have an extra coupon code. another one is fragrance buddy. they send me a lot of $5 of your next order coupons

I charge shipping on my items so I dont have to cover that. I also use the flat rate boxes and envelopes that the post office will send you for free. Try eBay for wax, ive gotten some good deals there

I know you usually get bigger bottles but aztech candles has a 5- 1oz for $5 every month and this month they have an extra coupon code. another one is fragrance buddy. they send me a lot of $5 of your next order coupons

I charge shipping on my items so I dont have to cover that. I also use the flat rate boxes and envelopes that the post office will send you for free. Try eBay for wax, ive gotten some good deals there

Aztec is awesome :) They also give you a free 1 oz when you buy an 8 oz. I just made an order for some 8oz and did the 5 for 5 - wound up with 15 scents and purple dye for $72 shipped :D I get my palm waxes from them too sometimes.

I've heard great things about fragrance buddy, but am yet to try them. I'm debating between a few companies for my next order, gotta get a bunch of L*sh dupes lol

As for the wax, I wish Nature's Garden was closer lol (Im in FL, they are OH) The shipping is what kills it.

I have been irritated all week. My breaker box in my house caught on fire. The fire fighters tried to blame me and my cooking skills at first before they found the real problem. We had to stay in a hotel suite which was nice but when we finally got to come home, the landlords son came over and asked where he could store the extra fuse things and I told him way up here above my fridge with my soap making stuff. When he saw the recipes, the scale, molds, and stuff he acted weird and looked at me all cautious like he thought I was making bombs or drugs or something.

My state's Department of Revenue has the WORST customer service ever. I am completely fed up. To back this up, I pay my sales tax once every six months. So the tax for January through June is due by July 20th. So on July 5th I e-filed my taxes, and it took 23 days for the e-file to clear my bank on the 28th. On August 3rd I received a letter stating that my return was delinquent. I blew it off because it had been 5 days or so since it cleared the bank so maybe the letter was just behind that posting. Then I got a letter in September, so I knew something was off so I called. It took me 10 days of calling and leaving a voice mail before someone finally answered the phone! And no one ever called me back any of the 9 days that I left a voice mail. I gave the lady my confirmation number for the e-filing, she said that she would correct it in the system so that it showed that I paid, all is good. Imagine my frustration when I got another letter for the same "delinquent return" at the beginning of October! I sent an email (to the email address they provide in the letter) and have gotten no response, so last week I started calling every day and leaving a voice mail. This week I have been calling twice a day and leaving a voicemail. I am beyond frustrated. I have now typed out a letter explaining to them that I have paid and my confirmation number, who I talked to in September who said the issue would be fixed in the system, and that I have been trying to contact them via phone and email to resolve the issue, and how they can contact me if further action is needed. I'm not sure what else to do in this case.

Seriously? Why bother putting contact information on if you never read emails, answer the phone, or respond to voice mails? Ugh. I am beyond ticked at this situation.

Stopped at a little local store to see what they sold from Locals. Turns out he says that no one wants to pay the price of Locally made stuff................. REALLY turns out that he doesn't want to do that. Split is 55 maker, 45 him ! Says he makes no money because he does the wrapping - as in gift wrapping. Umm dude, you need to charge extra for that... Gah...

My gripe is our apartment maintenance crew. After work, I get out of my work clothes and I'm usually in my undies the rest of the evening. It's just me and my hubby, all of our kids are grown and gone. Today I just happen to throw on an old, thin sundress to lounge around in. I was in my bedroom talking on the phone to my mom when I thought I heard someone knocking loudly on my door. Before I even made it out of my room, a maintenance guy had opened my door and was poking his head in! It's a small 1 bedroom apartment. It only took me maybe 8 seconds to make it from my bed to the living room and he was already entering as he knocked! What's the point in knocking if you're not going to give the tenant time to respond? What I'd been in the shower? The last notice we got was for our fire extinguishers. Last week we had to put them in the hall for the company that services them to check/replace them. I'm not sure but I think there was a notice about fire alarm and leak inspections maybe 2 weeks before that? We usually get a notice up to a week before the actual inspection. There's no reason why they should've been inspecting today. I was shocked by them entering like that and I felt confused. I thought maybe I had my dates wrong or that there had been another notice but the hubby forgot to tell me. I still voiced my dislike of the situation and with a smile on his face, the young man told me that they'd only be a moment, that the inspection HAD to be done and that was why they didn't need my consent to enter! Then him and his partner preceded to do their 30 second checks of the faucets and smoke detectors. All they do is turn on/off the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom, peek under the sinks, then test the smoke detectors and then their gone. This is starting to happen frequently. It seems like they're doing it every other month. This is our second year here. Our first year here, they did it twice. I'm going to start tracking when they do these "inspections" and then I'm going to complain to the city or the management company. Complaining to the front office does very little as the staff seems to change every 3 months.

Early August I broke and dislocated 3 toes. They healed by 6 weeks. I pulled a muscle in my back about a month ago; standing and walking were painful. Yesterday I whacked the same toes that just healed - nothing is dislocated but wow they hurt more now than the first time!

My scent melts in clamshells, which weight 2.7 oz cost me approx $1.03 to make and I sell them for 6.00 each. I am high on fragrance since I use 16% fragrance in mine. I know one of my scent supplies charges $17-21 per lb but will charge around 12.50 for 4 oz . I simply will not purchase less than a lb sometimes 5lbs

Back