Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My work project imploded like a World Trade Center tower. Sad when one is trying to make a positive contribution...even in a small way. Moving on...

Probably just me, but I think the 'world trade center' part was a little bad taste.
Some of us almost lost people there and were acquainted with some who didn't make it

Probably just me, but I think the 'world trade center' part was a little bad taste.
Some of us almost lost people there and were acquainted with some who didn't make it
I love seeing references to the World Trade Center implosion. There never was a proper investigation. My oldest son was in the WTC when the plane hit. The cables of the elevator he was in were severed, and it got caught between floors. He and others in the car got the doors open and carved an escape hole in the 4 layers of 1 inch sheetrock with a window cleaners squeegee. He made it out of the building 5 minutes before the implosion.

I love seeing references to the World Trade Center implosion. There never was a proper investigation. My oldest son was in the WTC when the plane hit. The cables of the elevator he was in were severed, and it got caught between floors. He and others in the car got the doors open and carved an escape hole in the 4 layers of 1 inch sheetrock with a window cleaners squeegee. He made it out of the building 5 minutes before the implosion.
I agree there needed to be a better investigation but I cringed when I read the Reference used in that manner.

I would feel the same way if someone told me something fell apart like the 35W bridge.

Went rabbit hunting. The two that I was interested in were already adopted. Early bird gets the bun.
:mad:

The early bun gets the human. Either of those buns weren't meant for you or you would have one by now, they were mean't for the people who got them. I believe right or wrong that buns pick you, not the other way around. When the time is right, you will be in the right place or have the information needed to send you to the right bun :) and everyone will be happy.

Sidenote- when we found Pippi last year, I wasn't ready for another bun after Panda was put to sleep. When we went to the breeder, dh put a carry cage in the car just in case, but left it in the car. We asked about the female and he got her out and gave her to me first, I reluctantly agreed we'd take her. Dh got the cage out of the car and put her in, she made herself completely at home laying down with the legs out the back and very relaxed. She had decided that we were the humans she was going to live with. Now she graciously lets us live in HER house, despite me telling her that I'm the head rabbit.

Last edited:
@Lin19687 oh, she remembers. I just got an email from her telling me that i should giver her a price for the soaps and gave me an invite to the grand opening of their “beauty bar”. I am seriously thinking on giving her a super inflated price for a minimum quaintity of soap to see if she backs off.

@Chris_S My boyfriend has a “resting face” and it does comes across like he is really not having fun at all so the cousing was poking at that. She went on and on and on, because she is annoying like that. But the boyfriend is not like that all so he doesnt really know how to handle drunk loud insulting people. I am very sarcastic so i can handle her. About my dogs she was being her annoying self (and she is one of those people that think that dogs or any other pet are JUST animals). But then again she also makes coments about how her 9 year old kid is annoying and how i should never have a kid because they are a burden. She is a doctor and gladly stays longer at the hospital to avoid her kid. I am sorry for her kid. And for the husband. Definetly not on speaking terms with her.

Gripe: its more just an annoyance. People come here or any other forum and ask a question, then they go and do whatever they feel like doing and dont bother reading the answers and then come back to say “oh, thanks for your answer, i already did this other thing that was even worst”. Why would you bother to ask the question then?

That and posts like: “soap still liquid after day. Help!” And thats it. The lack of details bothers me. So does the lack of grammar. I get not everyone speaks english, it is my second languaje too, but i try and make and effort to write with at least some grammar. Also i studied literature, so i have the same gripe with spanish, but harsh...er? XD because i actually know grammar AND spelling. So yeah. Reading people who cant write would be the TLDR haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a co-worker that irritates my soul! He was out yesterday because he cut his leg with a chainsaw last week and stitched himself up with household needle & thread and that caused him to develop a cellulitis infection. Yesterday was peaceful but I went home ill. Today he's back and annoying me. He's not even supposed to be here. He says the E.R. docs told him to stay off his leg but he can't afford to miss a paycheck. Work is slow so I'm sorting bad parts from really bad parts. He asked to help (his hand is in a cast from a previous accident so he can't work a machine). I reluctantly said "OK". He promised not to talk non-stop then talked constantly anyway about his infection, rearranged my work space so that "we could both access the parts", turned on the overhead exhaust fan because he was hot, then after sorting 5-6 parts, he left! He hopped on his scooter and took off for 20 minutes! He does this all the time! It's like he sees that I'm in a peaceful place work wise and mentally and he just needs to disrupt it! I've complained to our boss but it does no good. Now that my peace and tranquility have been disrupted he's back, off talking to other co-workers while moving tables/chairs and sweeping/mopping the floors.

Last edited by a moderator:
i do too, i often put in headphones and even if the sound isnt up too high to drown out everything else- i pretend like i cant hear what he's saying. he gets sick of talking to himself after a while. if its actually important he'll walk over and wave to get my attention.
when i was pregnant i nearly tore his throat out with my teeth on numerous occasions, it was a dangerous time for him :D

my gripe: i caught a cold, i'm stuffy and crabby :mad:

@SoapAddict415 time to find another job
I've been thinking about it and my Ken supports me. I wish that co-worker would leave. I've had to restart my life 3 times in the last 15 years for various reasons, I don't want to have to start over with a new job. And now 1 of my good friends may be coming to work there too. I keep hoping that my annoying co-worker will do something worth getting fired over. Lol, he has that kind of potential.

I think y'all gave me a computer virus - I woke up sick this morning! I still went to work though because I feel fine until the medicine wears off, and I have stuff to wrap up. That's my gripe today.

@SoapAddict415 I feel your pain with that one I had a useless member of staff start working in the shop I was working at and she did absolutely nothing to help and vanished when more than 2 customers appeared in the shop I kept telling the manager spent about 6 months telling him how helpless she was and he just kept making excuses for her saying she was probably doing a job but I knew she wasnt, and I'm pretty sure he did too just didnt want to do anything about it. Then I lost my temper and raised my voice slightly because she was going out her way to ignore me I was taken to a disaplinery meeting yet when she full on yelled at me right infront of the manager because I'd done one her jobs that she hadn't bothered to do for about a week but yet it was apparently acceptable and they knew I was really struggling with depression anxiety (and ptsd, well that was diagnosed later on) and did nothing to help and went out their way to make things worse. it's only a small shop and I was one of two staff working in the shop useless one being the other in one the busiest pharmacies in England serving 4 council estates via 2 big doctors surgeries and a dentist's so to say I struggled on my own is an understatement.

Gripe toďay is I went to check and inspect the bees today and one the little darlings stung me first time one of my own bees have stung me and iv had the hive since mid June. Been stung doing the beekeeping before but mine are just far to gentle to get angry at me.

@Alfa_Lazcares well that's not very nice of her to judge him for that some people just don't feel comfy in groups, crowds ect they shouldnt be made to feel like thats thier fault its just part of thier personalities I mean she sounds far from perfect. As far as your dogs go, I live on my own but I have 2 cats but they are my little babies people just have to accept that because it won't change regardless of people voicing them disliking this if you don't like animals fine no need to voice it to someone who clearly does

Gripe: I got sick on my last day of vacation.

My aunt got married in Greece on Saturday (almost married really, his ex threw in legal drama but we still celebrated) and the next day I had the worst case of heat stroke I’ve ever had (I don’t drink, so I know it wasn’t hangover related) and symptoms are still sticking around. Things aren’t helped by the fact we went to an island the next day to say we’ve been to one of the Greek islands (Aegina, super beautiful). We left Monday but our flight from Athens to Frankfurt was delayed and we missed the flight home. Surprise 16 hour layover that turned out to be kinda nice (it persuaded my husband that he’d like to visit Germany properly some day). Then a 10a most horrible flight I’ve ever been on. The first half of the flight was ok and my stomach behaved itself. My husband has been describing the second half of the flight was massage chairs without the massage chairs. Our flight out of Chicago was almost cancelled due to weather but our flight ended up being nearly half the time it was supposed to be (only an hour to begin with but they had to make to time for being the last flight to the airport for the day?)

I was feeling ok yesterday so we went out to eat and get some errands done. That was a mistake. I’m sticking to the BRAT diet for the next few days but I do work tomorrow. I hope I can adjust my sleeping schedule before then because I’m all over the place right now

@BattleGnome Oh! I feel your pain. I had terrible turbulence on my flight from Paris to Bangalore, I held it together on the plane, but once I got off it was a mad dash to lose my cookies. My last day in Bangalore I had come down with a terrible cold, my 9pm flight was delayed until 3am... and there was no cold medicine in the airport shops. (I no longer travel without cold medicine, because I always get sick my last day.) I felt so bad for the lady sitting next to me on the flight, the only thing I had to relieve my symptoms was peppermint oil. I kept the blanket over my head the entire flight, trying to keep my germs to myself. I had to get all the way to Minneapolis airport before I found cold medicine. Traveling sick sucks. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Gripe: anxiety. I have too much going on today and all I want to do is be in bed. Or a blanket fort coloring.

I am so darned annoyed. I had two orders for soap products due to arrive yesterday. At about noon I got a text message saying one parcel had been delivered by courier so I went straight out to the letter box and collected that. Then about 3pm I got a text saying the second parcel had been delivered by the post office so I went to the box and no parcel was in sight. I thought maybe an error had been made and the postie had logged the parcel when it was put into his van rather than on delivery or something so I checked a couple of more times over the afternoon but no parcel. I logged it for investigation with the post office last night and they contacted me again today to say that the driver remembers leaving it in the letterbox as a signature had not been necessary. His GPS and log shows he left it at our address at 2.37pm and I checked the letter box at 3pm. That means that in the space of 23 minutes someone has come along and stolen my parcel. Because of where we live no one does things like have a locked letter box and in the 20+ years we have lived here we have never had anything go astray. I am so furious as it now means I have to place and pay for the whole order again.

I would go down to the Postile that delivered it and have them talk to the driver again. Tell them that there was a gap in the texts sent so he must have dropped it off to someone else or maybe HE has it...

I've had it happen - a package was marked for delivery and was left at a neighbor's. They didn't tell me until sometime the next day, so of course I thought it had been stolen. This was close to Christmas time and wasn't soap supplies. They are good neighbors and I'm sure didn't realize they had caused a bit of anxiety, so I didn't say anything. I did have to tell them not to leave a note in our mail box asking us to pick up their mail when they go out of town (frequently), as the mail carrier found the note before we did and our mail was held - not theirs. Took us a few days to figure out why we weren't getting any mail at all LOL

I would go down to the Postile that delivered it and have them talk to the driver again. Tell them that there was a gap in the texts sent so he must have dropped it off to someone else or maybe HE has it...

I think I will go to the post office. I heard back from the post office today and they checked the drivers GPS for when he posted the text to me. If the delay in the text had happened a couple of weeks earlier I would have really questioned it but lately there have been a couple of times where various members of the family have texted each other and I have seen the message either arrive or leave and there have been significant delays on it reaching the other end. The other thing is that the postie is new so to me he is an unknown quantity. The previous lady was someone I knew from outside her post office job and if she said she dropped it in then I would have totally believed her but this new guy is just that - new. I think I will go to the post office tomorrow and see what they can say. The other thing is that I have been waiting for the contents of that parcel to make something my daughter has been waiting for plus it means I will have to pay for the whole darned order again.

Back