Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Palm I got in the pail is Way different then what I get in the box :( I don't like the way it plays and can't wait to get the regular box in.

AHHHHHH there was a small bug on my screen... turns out it is INSIDE my screen and I mushed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the heck am I going to get that off from inside the puter screen ~!!!!

So not my monday

Last edited by a moderator:
Snow? We have started the rainy season here in Washington. Cold and damp. Soap takes a while to cure, which is why the dehumidifier and fan. Dogs hate it, people hate it. My joints hate it. I would almost rather have snow.

This is what trying to explain to a co-worker that I need an inventory adjustment because another dept miscounted. They reported that they made 275 pieces but in actuality I received 283. She keeps telling me what computer shows and saying that I can't have more parts than what's in inventory even though I'm showing her that I physically have 283 parts in hand.
Screenshot_2018-09-29-03-28-52.jpeg

Last edited:
Gripe: Went out to dinner Friday night to celebrate daughter's adoption FINALLY! being done. Decided to go to the "best steakhouse in town". Horrible. The whole thing was horrible. The only upside of the meal was that the owner paid for our drinks because we were not happy campers when we left. I left them a one star review... and now my BFF is mad because the owner is a friend of hers and didn't think I should have left a bad review that everyone can read.

Not having a good day. My no spill travel mug popped open in my work bag which was sitting in my chair. Now my work bag, earbuds, phone charger, keys, papers, etc and my chair are covered in coffee. I also lost the list I was working on this morning for my new doctor. It was a list of my health conditions and what medications I was taking for them. My name isn't on it but it's still personal info & idk where I lost it. Hopefully it fell out of my pocket at home or in my co-workers car and not at 7/11 or somewhere here at work.

Not really a gripe, more of an annoyance. My hubby bought me 3 bottles of bodywash! Said he noticed that I was getting low. He was so happy to have done something nice for me. I don't use bodywash and I MAKE SOAP! I have nearly 2 years worth! How did he miss the 3 bars in the shower and the 4 bars buy the sink lol???

Not really a gripe, more of an annoyance. My hubby bought me 3 bottles of bodywash! Said he noticed that I was getting low. He was so happy to have done something nice for me. I don't use bodywash and I MAKE SOAP! I have nearly 2 years worth! How did he miss the 3 bars in the shower and the 4 bars buy the sink lol???
That is hysterical...how observing he is :lol:

LOL! I've been making soap for about 12 of our 15 years together so he's obviously VERY clueless lol
My mom will buy me candles and soaps for Christmas. She says "well, you make them, so you must like them" ... :rolleyes:

I don't begrudge her though, it is coming from a place of love, but I've told her yes, I make them because I DON'T like storebought, but I try to ease it into a conversation unrelated and not at the time of Christmas because I don't want to hurt her feelings.

Last edited:
He was so happy that he went out and bought me a blue lemonade. Lol, blue is my favorite color but I don't like blue colored food/drinks. I couldn't be mad because I know his heart was in the right place. [emoji4]

Gripe: sent hubby to the store for VapoRub, orange juice, ginger ale, and soup. He came home with zinc lozenges. Told me that would fix me right up! No, I wanted VapoRub! OJ and ginger ale! Soup!

My Gripe: I accidentally marked as read, all new posts from the forum instead of just the few that were in the subforum that I normally don't read because I never have anything useful to add or glean from them. So now I have to so an manually see what I've missed. *sigh* there were 3 pages of new posts.

Oh well, If I missed something interesting, I'm sure it'll pop up again for me! HAHA

Ugh, I have done this too.
Now I just open off the forums sections and then open just the ones that I want, go back to original Tab and hit 'mark all read' That way I know where there are new ones :)

Gripe for the day is my Koi pond... seemed to have lost another small koi. :( Something is getting them. That is 4 gone in a year, 2 were goldies and i don't mind as much but the other 2 were Koi and at $40 each for tiny koi :(

Now I just open off the forums sections and then open just the ones that I want, go back to original Tab and hit 'mark all read' That way I know where there are new ones
That's exactly what I do, but underneath the "mark xx forum read" right below it, it says "mark all read" or something like that. Without thinking, I clicked the one that marks the whole forum read. It's really not a big deal, but I was super busy at work and it irritated me that I did that.

koi pond before the tree 1.jpg Koi pond The way it was.jpg limb waterfall.jpg Liner ripped.jpg My Gripe. Mother Nature decided to give us straight line winds and a huge Maple came crashing down into my 15 year old Koi Pond. Koi have been relocated. We will fill most of the hole in but try to save part of the liner for a big enough area to have my water Lily named Comanche to survive in. We will rebuild a bigger waterfall and keep a couple of the streams. No Koi though. Worrying what to do with all of my shade loving plants for next summer.
Before and after pictures. Pond was 20' Round by 4.5' deep.

Back