Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gripe, My FM was a bust

And, due to me being lazy and not having an outside Spigot, I didn't get to clean out the Koi pond in time... lost 1 Koi, one of the small ones :( At least it wasn't my 20" one

My gripe: Pricing my items is too confusing :mad:
I want to price my things competitively, but going by the x4 guideline, I would be charging $4 - 6 /oz for wax melts.... (Math is not my strong suit) Even plain not fancy wax costs about .76/oz to produce and sell :/

So, yesterday there was this big family gathering to celebrate my oldest cousin’s birthday. Her half sisters came. I never really cared much for most of them (they are 4) and i never really liked one. Anywho. The family now knows i am making soap, so i got a lot of questions and i give away some soaps. A while later one of the sisters asks me to go talk to her and I do. This cousin i kinda liked. So she starts telling me (she was drunk by now, not super drunk but not sober at all), that she and her sister are planning on opening a spa. And i was like: okay? So then she starts telling me what a good idea would be if i sold her my soap to use at her spa. I’m like “i am not selling yet”, she doesnt care and keeps talking about prices and the like and she goes on to say, “so sell me your soap”, she ment telling her all the good things about my soap. I stared at her and go “its soap. It cleans.” And she goes “no, no, you are not selling me your soap! What does that palm oil do?” And again, i tell her “dude, I am not selling you my soap. I do not care about selling YOU my soap. Palm oil a soap makes. A soap cleans. My soaps are pretty and smell pretty. Thats it. “ She then goes on a crusade about how we should sell my soap (super expensive), and how we are gonna make a great busines and how i should send her an emal tellling her what everything on the soap does “like, this one with coffee is great for circulation, right? And the one with oats must be very good for the skin!” I just let her talk, at some point i just left her.

Thats not the only annoying thing she did, and is not the one that made me decide i am not on speaking terms with her, but it was the most relevant for this forum. She dissed my boyfriend (he can defend himself but i agree she was out of line and told her to stop talking to him), and then she proceded to say that it wouldnt be at all sad if anything happened to one of my dogs. Dude, you dont have to like my dogs, but you do have to respect me and my relationship with them. And most important you do not get to wish harm to them. So yeah. It was a super fun gathering!

Attempted to swirl in orange EO for color. Resulted in an unattractive muddled look.

Went rabbit hunting. The two that I was interested in were already adopted. Early bird gets the bun.

Had a terrible night sleep. Will go to an important meeting this AM zombied out and take the afternoon off.

:mad:

@Alfa_Lazcares good grief ! I so hate drinking people when they just can't listen or stop talking. One of the reasons I don't have friends, the ones I had drank, too much. Not worth it.
Good for you to stand up to her and hopefully she doesn't remember ;)

Gripe, My newish car is still not fixed form a recall.... talking to GM so far may not fix it and I may have to go to court ::(

Cancer.sucks.

Office heating/cooling system makes no sense. The heat runs for about 20 minutes, then the A/C kicks on for 30. I told the maintenance guy and he said that "the boss" told him to set the system on auto. "The Boss" doesn't sit under two vents - for that matter he's hardly in the office. Guess I know where my raise goes.

I’m on day 3 of my hangover. Working with a surgeon I don’t care for, moving, running, and generally not doing things conducive to feeling decent. Save me.

Cancer.sucks.

Office heating/cooling system makes no sense. The heat runs for about 20 minutes, then the A/C kicks on for 30. I told the maintenance guy and he said that "the boss" told him to set the system on auto. "The Boss" doesn't sit under two vents - for that matter he's hardly in the office. Guess I know where my raise goes.
I'm having the same problem today with the temp of my workplace. It's Monday so the curing ovens will be off until tonight. It's freezing out here in the shop so I shut off the ceiling exhaust fan closest to me. I was so cold that my body ached. It took about 45 min but I finally started to warm up again. I went to the bathroom and when I returned another employee had turned the fans back on. So now I'm working at the break table on the warmer side of the shop instead at my workstation.

GRIPE.... Dropped off a package, Priority box A, at 9am. Was all paid for and such.

I go to see what is going on and there is NOTHING in the tracker. Just that the label was made but waiting for delivery to the USPS

Last edited by a moderator:
so my gripe is that I can't get back to sleep I'm sat here wide awake, so it's 4.30am (now near enough 5am) one my cats is passed out on my lap on the sofa he's been there for over 5 hours he is just super adorable and this is the first time in nearly a year he has fallen asleep on my lap so I really don't have the heart to move him. why am I so soft on them they get away with pretty much anything they want they are like kids to me but I'm wide awake and have to be up early on the plus side I did some little tests with candle moulds earlier not that they went the way I hoped but at least I know what not to do lol

@Lin19687 that sucks but why on earth would you have to go to court? won't they legally have to replace or pay up if they have done a recall and can't fix it as it is their fault I would think they are liable surely?

@msunnerstood I hate hate hate ringing things like the council ect because their automated systems just send me loopy and stress me out so I totally feel his pain.

@Alfa_Lazcares that's not nice especially about your dogs and bf sounds like she needs to learn her boundaries and limits when drunk. I pretty much don't touch anything alcoholic I will have a pint when I go to the rugby or watch a big game on tv but it usually stops at a pint and I really don't like being around drunk people I don't get why people think it's acceptable to get in the state they do. my folks have a sailing yaght and the marina they keep it at has a drinking culture and people have been known to fall in the water usually getting onto their boats after they have had a skinful :rolleyes:.

My goodness this turned into a right rant still not tired and my phone's just hit 5% battery. That last picture believe it or not is actually a cat he's called the ninja aka Bruno and black and white one is fatty aka Tyson who is currents making some truly odd sleeping related noises :)

Attachments

• 20180925_042333.jpg
    20180925_042333.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20180925_040952.jpg
    20180925_040952.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180925_041255.jpg
    20180925_041255.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Gripe now is that I havnt slept since 4am it's now 9.30pm and I'm surprisingly awake still plus I'm mad sore because I smashed the gym yesterday.

Also iv ordered some new fo and some candle moulds from 2 different places online and for some reason before I confirmed the first one to be delivered to a local shop they both had that shop as an option then once I confirmed that first one to be delivered there the second one didn't have that shop as an option even though it's via the same flipping courier company from the same depot and everything luckily the 2 shops I chose happen to be right next to each other but that's not really the point if that hadn't of been an option I could of had to of driven miles between shops.

3rd gripe is that I really want my employer to go shove the job where sun don't shine and wouldn't mind punching the manager who is the reason iv been off sick from work for over a year basically through bullying :mad:

Last edited:
I feel like I'm getting sick. But I have so much to do, none of it is fun none of it is soapy. Blegh.

I came home from work at lunchtime because I was ill (there's a virus going thru the shop). I was in bed and sleep probably 15 min after I got home. My hubby kept waking me to ask me dumb stuff like "are you sleeping?". Then he woke me to tell me that I had a fever. Umm, yeah Sherlock! I'm sick, that's why I'm home before 4p on a Tuesday and in bed trying to sleep!

My work project imploded like a World Trade Center tower. Sad when one is trying to make a positive contribution...even in a small way. Moving on...

I came home from work at lunchtime because I was ill (there's a virus going thru the shop). I was in bed and sleep probably 15 min after I got home. My hubby kept waking me to ask me dumb stuff like "are you sleeping?". Then he woke me to tell me that I had a fever. Umm, yeah Sherlock! I'm sick, that's why I'm home before 4p on a Tuesday and in bed trying to sleep!

I wouldn't normally encourage spousal violence but just punch him sounds like that might be the only way he will get the hint if the sleeping and being home early isn't enough a sore nose should help him realise your sufferings!

Back