Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Zany--better than the explanations I made up in my head :) . now I will have to go check out some of the other ones
I was afraid of that... you can't just stop at one thing... so many interesting subjects to check out. I used to have a dream interpretation book... couldn't find it. So I went on line and found that site. Have fun!!!

@msunnerstood, GAH! That's a sucker punch to the stomach, isn't it?! I remember reading that those tests are known for generating false positives, so I'm hoping that's true for you. Next step should be to redo the test.
Healing Hug.jpg

@msunnerstood, GAH! That's a sucker punch to the stomach, isn't it?! I remember reading that those tests are known for generating false positives, so I'm hoping that's true for you. Next step should be to redo the test.
View attachment 39307

Thank you, 6% are false positives so heres to hoping Im in that percentage. Generally they want to do a colonoscopy after a positive cologuard. Yeah it was a gut punch. I only took the test because my insurance company kept nagging me and then the doctor advised it.

Sooo, my Cologuard test came back abnormal. Hoping its a false positive but will know more about next steps tomorrow afternoon

Oh man I wanted to do this test too but still have to get the papers and see if my Ins will cover it. I don't want to do the Colonoscopy if there is another non-invasive test.

Did you call them to see if they will rerun the test to make sure THEY didn't make a mistake.

I worked in an Endoscopy Clinic for a short time after retiring from the hospital where I had worked for 17 years. And I've had 2 (thankfully only 2) colonoscopies myself. On a personal level, I hate them. I had no bad results, but the prep is totally not fun, as anyone who has done it can relate, but the worst part about the whole experience for me was the hassle with the insurance companies and the billing department at the place where I had it done (local hospital).

The way it's coded determines how it is paid for by the insurance company, and the reason why it is being done is part of how it gets coded. One insurance may pay for it at a higher rate if it is coded as being done for a certain reason while another insurance company will not pay for it at all if coded the same way. So check with your insurance company on how they pay and under what circumstances. Then talk to the doctor and/or billing person about getting it coded to allow better coverage by your insurance company. It saved me thousands getting an incorrect billing code corrected, but it was a huge hassle after the fact. Colonoscopies after a certain age are supposed to be covered as a basic screening, but if it's not coded correctly the insurance company may reject payment.

Thankfully, my doc has determined I don't need to have another one for at least 10 years, which I may well stretch out to the rest of my life. Same goes for mammograms. Hate them, and now I've been told I won't have to have one for another 10 years and I don't plan on ever having one again, if truth be told. Well, of course that is dependent on remaining symptom-free. And I am 70, so would not at all suggest such a laissez faire attitude to young women.

My gripe is our weather here has screwed up my vacation plans for next week. We were going to go camping at one of my absolute favorite places to be in the state. Could not wait, have been planning this since February.

Well, it snowed over 18" there last night, so my reservations were cancelled due to the campsite being closed. :( Now I guess I'll have to figure out other things to do. Like finish spring cleaning the house. *sigh*

I Don't want to fix it because it already has a cavity. Then I will replace a whole side at a time with implant row of teeth. :( god I feel old

Latest posts

Back