Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Melinda -- yeah, I know visa is expensive and time-consuming, but they should probably consider that *before* hiring someone and not after... It was probably not just that but also some power-struggle between the people on whose recommendation they hired me (academic dean & rector) and the people who are my official employers (business office -- guess who won :( ). I would have started the application for permanent residency next year.

Of course if I could find a college to take it over that would be great, but the academic jobmarket (especially in philosophy, that's what I do) is extremely tough, it takes people years to get a job.
But I'll be fine -- have cooled down quite a bit since it happened, such unexpected changes are just difficult at first. Maybe I'll just go and soap one for some relaxation....
In academia it always seems to come down to personalities. Let us know what you have to sell. If there is anything I need, I will gladly take a road trip your way!

I have some of my nightmares over and over again--I need to find someone who can interpret dreams
I don't know if this will help, but I was told by a therapist that every person in the dream/nightmare is you. So, keep a log on your bedside table and write down everything you remember. Then try interpreting it yourself from that point of view. Maybe you're chasing yourself?

Last edited:
I don't know if this will help, but I was told by a therapist that every person in the dream/nightmare is you. So, keep a log on your bedside table and write down everything you remember. Then try interpreting it yourself from that point of view. Maybe you're chasing yourself?

mine are about me walking down a bridge that just gradually goes into the water--I hate bridges (I don't know if I keep having the dream cuz I hate bridges or if I hate bridges cuz of the dreams)

I actually have a gripe today. :) Dumb me. I was converting a new recipe from volume measure to net weight. I needed a cup of coconut oil for the recipe. So I put 8 oz CO by weight in a 2-cup Pyrex and nuked it. Once melted, it measured 1 1/4 cups. So I took 1/4 cup out to bring it down to the 1-cup line. Good so far.

Problem was, instead of pouring the excess back into the coconut oil container, I poured it into an open bottle of olive oil I left sitting next to the scale. ACK! :eek:

I actually have a gripe today. :) Dumb me. I was converting a new recipe from volume measure to net weight. I needed a cup of coconut oil for the recipe. So I put 8 oz CO by weight in a 2-cup Pyrex and nuked it. Once melted, it measured 1 1/4 cups. So I took 1/4 cup out to bring it down to the 1-cup line. Good so far.

Problem was, instead of pouring the excess back into the coconut oil container, I poured it into an open bottle of olive oil I left sitting next to the scale. ACK! :eek:

is it wrong of me to be laughing my butt off at this?? (its just cuz I can relate haha)

That's a good idea. I have thought that with only the two of us, here, no problem. But even I could forget and go to pre-heat the oven for dinner and accidentally forget there is soap inside. I almost did that a couple of times, but caught myself. I think I'll make one of those signs for myself. After all, I use reminder notes for other things; it's not like it's a new concept or anything.

My mother always taught me to check the oven before pre-heating. I don't know if she had a cataclysmic event or just that her mother taught her that (no, they had a wood stove. never mind.), but on occasion I find something in there that I'd forgotten about...
Just second nature now. I'm not sure I even COULD turn on the oven without opening the door first, like, an alarm might sound or something!!!

You are such a human being! Gives me hope that I am not alone.

mine are about me walking down a bridge that just gradually goes into the water--I hate bridges (I don't know if I keep having the dream cuz I hate bridges or if I hate bridges cuz of the dreams)
By any chance, are you on HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy)? I had horrible nightmares when my gynecologist gave me drugs to regulate my hormones when I started menopause. Got off them and switched to natural remedies.
is it wrong of me to be laughing my butt off at this?? (its just cuz I can relate haha)
Nah. You made me laugh too!

By any chance, are you on HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy)? I had horrible nightmares when my gynecologist gave me drugs

no I am not on anything. I have had that type of dream for the last 40 years--its just one of my reoccurring nightmares. I wished I had something like that to blame them on

Usually it is Stress for most people.
For me it must be genetic as I have always had them, since I was about 2. I also have night Terrors too. yay me lol
Sleeping pills help a bit.

Gripe, Had Eye Doc yesterday and it wasn't even like she read the notes the nurse put in :rolleyes: I just hope the new Script works

@Dawni yuk conjuctivitus stinks--is it you or one of your kids? hope who ever gets over it quick
@Lin19687 hope your new script works too--I always retell the drs everything just in case :( I don't remember dreams since I have been 2 but I know I have had nightmares most of my life, I wonder if that is why I slept walked when I was a little kid?

Well, you are fortunate, I must say. They miss our delivery dates as often as not. Two day deliveries often turn into 3 or 4 days. One day delivery has never happened as far as I can recall (maybe once, just to be fair, but I don't really remember for sure) - I don't even count on it. But the two-day deliveries used to happen at the beginning more consistently. And I am not talking about counting week-ends; I know better than to order on a Thursday or Friday and expect fast delivery. I'm talking about ordering on Monday or Tuesday and expecting delivery before the week-end.

I am still waiting on my 0ne day delivery that was supposed to be delivered on May 16. According to the tracking information it spent 38 hours in Elk Grove, IL before it left there at 6 a.m. this morning, 5 days after it was due to arrive at my house. Supposedly I will have it by tomorrow. We shall see.
I am sorry you have had such awful luck with your deliveries! I hope your goods arrive tomorrow. Do you have Prime?

It arrived today. I was out shopping, but got the notice at 4:59 pm that it had been delivered. Funny that. The CSR at Amazon told me on Monday that if it didn't arrive by 5pm on Wednesday (today), then I'd get a refund. It arrived with a minute to spare. Tomorrow both items in the shipment will be pressed into service. Today, I was happy enough just to open up the package and see they finally arrived!

Yes, I have Amazon Prime. That's where the two-day delivery thing comes in. And I guess the one-day delivery thing is for Prime as well. I have no idea if it's guaranteed for people who don't pay the annual fee for Prime, but if it is, then I would feel like I really have wasted my money. Although I do get the other benefits of Prime in addition to the mostly undependable shipping perks. I get to watch some Prime movies and some free e-books and some free music; that sort of thing.

@Marilyn - Dream Dictionary
https://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Bridge
To dream that you are crossing a bridge signifies an important decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove to be a positive change filled with prosperity and wealth in the horizon. Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage. If the bridge is over water, then it suggests that your transition will be an emotional one. If you fall off the bridge and into the water, then the dream indicates that you are letting your emotions hold you back and prevent you from moving forward. Alternatively, the bridge may indicate that you are trying to "bridge" or connect two things together.
To dream of a run-down bridge indicates that you should not contemplate any major changes in your life at this time.
To see a bridge collapse in your dream implies that you have let an important opportunity pass you by.

HTH
Wave.gif

Last edited:
It arrived today. I was out shopping, but got the notice at 4:59 pm that it had been delivered. Funny that. The CSR at Amazon told me on Monday that if it didn't arrive by 5pm on Wednesday (today), then I'd get a refund. It arrived with a minute to spare. Tomorrow both items in the shipment will be pressed into service. Today, I was happy enough just to open up the package and see they finally arrived!

Yes, I have Amazon Prime. That's where the two-day delivery thing comes in. And I guess the one-day delivery thing is for Prime as well. I have no idea if it's guaranteed for people who don't pay the annual fee for Prime, but if it is, then I would feel like I really have wasted my money. Although I do get the other benefits of Prime in addition to the mostly undependable shipping perks. I get to watch some Prime movies and some free e-books and some free music; that sort of thing.
We, too, have Prime. I wonder if geography is the problem. This really has me baffled. I am sorry you are getting sub-par service, especially having Prime. Hope your day goes well now that your goodies have arrived!

Latest posts

Back