Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine when your car will be sorted out finally.
You don't need a bolt cutters to break the padlock on your shed, use 2 spanners - put 1 prong of each into the lock and lever them together.

As Much as I oppose listening devices such as Alexa and Google Home, a Dot now sits on my dresser.

Why?

I took a nap today and apparently one of my bulging discs compressed a nerve and when i tried to move to get up, a sharp shooting bolt of Hades shot down my leg from hip to ankle. I could not even flex a muscle to try and move. I started calling for my husband, then my son. It was apparently family nap time and they were upstairs and on the other end of the house. I spent the next hour and 15 minutes calling for help and trying to bang on the wall that was barely in my reach.

I finally realized no help was coming and my phone was across the room. I steeled myself, grabbed my leg and threw it off the bed.. My body followed and I hit the floor. It must have sounded like I was being murdered down here but no one heard that either.

Something must have changed when i hit the floor because i could then gingerly move and get up to my phone and into a chair. I am mostly sore now and have a little weakness in my left leg. I was still crying when everyone got up outta the total feeling of helplessness I experienced. I explained what had happened and thats when i became the reluctant owner of an amazon dot programmed with my husbands, and both sons phone numbers in it... just in case.

I do have another MRI coming up so I will be following up on whatever has changed.

It sucks to get old.

I'm glad you're ok. I don't have either of this devices but that is something I may reconsider myself after hearing your story.

sorry to hear you are going trough this Arimara!!!

I am so sorry! I have taken care of lots of people with aphasia, and it sucks every time. No one but family is patient enough to let you get your words out. They sometimes describe it like being a statue, where you can hear and see everything, but can't respond. My heart really does go out to you!

Thanks. Please don't get me wrong, I'm glad I can speak, read, and understand most things but I never realized how harrowing aphasia could be, especially since I've never heard of it until two months ago. I also realize it's not fair for me to complain about it but it did cost me my job and the ability to work for now.

I can't imagine when your car will be sorted out finally.
You don't need a bolt cutters to break the padlock on your shed, use 2 spanners - put 1 prong of each into the lock and lever them together.

Ill google it and try find a youtube video because i cant visualise what you mean but lack of sleep is probably most to blame for that

@Chris_S :( Well at least they found the cart. Crappy that they did call you !

And that its been crashed. More annoyed they crashed it into an innocent taxi driver just hope they catch the thieving scumbags! I would if cheered if they had smashed into a lampost and put themselves in wheelchairs probably sounds like a horrible thing to say but at least that would of stopped them stealing more cars was my absolute pride and joy that car :(. They recovered the car key but the house keys with the photo of my beautiful niece on is nowhere to be seen so they have probably thrown that away.

I also realize it's not fair for me to complain about it but it did cost me my job and the ability to work for now.

I didn't feel like you complaining as much as sharing what you are going through--it sounds like you do have a reason to complain though. I have never heard of this before but I hope you have a good outcome from it. take care!!!!!

Thank you Zany.
Yeah I sometimes forget you have different words for things, like wrench for spanner, jelly for jam, jello for jelly, lye for caustic soda, drugstore for chemist, mail for post, faucet for tap, washbasin for sink, fries for chips, chips for crisps, cookie for biscuit, biscuit for scone, and fried cheese sandwich for double heart attack.
We do a great Irish breakfast though, I'll treat you to one if your ever passing through on "holiday".

I tried to gel my soap in the oven for the first time, and my husband forgot :beatinghead:

I woke up once to the very strong smell of my soap cooking. My teenager came down in the middle of the night to make a pizza. Ever since then if there is soap in the oven, there is also a sticky note over the oven controls.

I woke up once to the very strong smell of my soap cooking. My teenager came down in the middle of the night to make a pizza. Ever since then if there is soap in the oven, there is also a sticky note over the oven controls.
Might have to start but might not work, he missed the smell of cooking soap and my mold & clamps melting so I'm thinking a note wouldn't have helped.

Might have to start but might not work, he missed the smell of cooking soap and my mold & clamps melting so I'm thinking a note wouldn't have helped.

That's a good idea. I have thought that with only the two of us, here, no problem. But even I could forget and go to pre-heat the oven for dinner and accidentally forget there is soap inside. I almost did that a couple of times, but caught myself. I think I'll make one of those signs for myself. After all, I use reminder notes for other things; it's not like it's a new concept or anything.

Oh, my gripe:

I've had a cold coming on for a few days, and a scratching throat turned into a cough yesterday. Started on cough medicine this morning. Sure hope it doesn't last too long. And I'm running out of vitamin C, so got to the store. Also, I used Airborne for 2 days in a row, and although that usually helps, this time it seemed to make me feel worse, so stopped taking it altogether. It used to really help knock out the symptoms quickly when I first started using it several years ago.

Last edited:
@earlene I have had that too on and off for 3 weeks.
It is just barely there, then gone, then a bit back again, then gone. But mine doesn't really have a cough, just a tickle for those 1/2 coughs ;)

Yesterday marked the 8 year anniversary of my brother passing away. I've grieved and moved forward, but he was my only sibling and May 15 is always hard day for me. I fell asleep last night with tears in my eyes missing my big brother. Today was better yesterday and tomorrow will be even better than today.

Yesterday marked the 8 year anniversary of my brother passing away. I've grieved and moved forward, but he was my only sibling and May 15 is always hard day for me. I fell asleep last night with tears in my eyes missing my big brother. Today was better yesterday and tomorrow will be even better than today.

its been 38 years since I lost my older brother. it is a very hard thing still--I have since lost my mom and dad but his is probably harder. I think cuz he was young and plus we shared a birthday. it does ease up with time but there are still days where I shed a tear--it seems to just come out of the blue--but there are the days where I remember him with pride that he was my brother and days where I remember how mean he was haha and days where I remember how protective he was...…………………….I am glad your days are getting better

Latest posts

Back