Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Shari! Poor pup. Hope her surgery goes well and a speedy recovery.

Gripe: I got called into work (our QA manager left in October, so I've been filling in some of the job duties). Also, we're about to get hit with 16+ inches of snow and 50mph winds. Fun times on the prairie!

@Lin19687 We only wound up with 10" and the winds didn't last as long as they predicted so the storm wasn't bad at all. Per usual it's the idiot drivers who make the situation worse than it is. I also discovered that my 4-wheel drive doesn't work - or well, I guess I should say that my husband finally agreed with me that the 4-wheel drive doesn't work. I've been telling him that since last winter. It's finally on his to-do list.

Please don't send me another box! I've just started to use the last one you sent me! Frosted pinecones - Lovely soap!

OMG you have used them all ???
you must be a hairy bunch of people... just kidding LOL

My DD stole most of yours ;) That's saying something too !

Ha! Nope, I just meant "the last box you sent me" not the last bar... although that would be quite a feat! Hubby really liked the soap (I haven't tried it for more than hand washing yet, he showered this morning, and I didn't because I'm gross lol). I've probably mentioned [a thousand times] that he's oily skinned, so sometimes my soaps leave him feeling greasy (I designed them to not aggravate my dry skin, so it makes sense). He seems to do a lot better with vegan soaps, so I've been making sure to balance the stash in the shower so that he always has one vegan bar to choose from if he doesn't have one of his salt bars handy. He was excited-in-a-good-way this morning when I showed him the stash and told him there's plenty more where that came from! Although he doesn't think he'll be using Love Spell any time soon... :p

Yeah for DD! Give me a while to get through a bit of this box and I'm down for another soap swap! (Just try to control yourself and NOT send me a 200lb heavy thing again... omg. I still die laughing remembering the first time I picked up that box.)

ETA: I'll probably also be tagging you on Instagram today when I post my newest soaps in the shower. 'Cuz I'm a soap nerd who likes to show off what I put in my shower, even if it's not my own soap.

I had a crappy day. My BFF, co-worker & ride to/from work is on vacation so my boss offered to pick me up this morning even though he was off today. Then he forgot. I called another co-worker and asked that she let someone know that I was walking to work & I'd be late. Thankfully I don't live very far from my job. She told my boss (the same boss that told me he'd be off today & then forgot to pick me up was at work today). He met me halfway & I was 15 minutes late. I hope he remembers this when he does our time cards.
It's the end of the year which means that ALL inventory that could ship out HAD to be shipped out no later than today! It was a 3-day work week so I was extremely busy. Then with 1.5 hours left in my work day, the VP decided that 2 large, partially completed orders needed to ship. I was supposed to renew my lease today so I had to get approval from upper management to punch out at the end of my shift, go sign my lease, come back to work, punch back in & finish getting the orders out. And it seems that I did all of that for nothing because the secretary who processes all of the shipping paperwork was overwhelmed and upset that I was getting overtime and she can't because she's salary. So she refused to accept the paperwork for those 2 large orders from me. On the brighter side of things, I got 1.5 hours of overtime even though I was told that the VP said he wanted everything to ship but "absolutely NO overtime allowed".
Because of our work schedules this week, I haven't seen my hubby in 2 days! Other than an occasional text here & there, I haven't talked to him either! I miss him. I'd walk up to his job to see him but I did so much walking & lifting today that my sciatica is flaring up. I'm so glad it's another 4-day weekend. Lol, I need those 2 extra days to recover.

Last edited:
grrr..

Mammo done on the 8th. New Doc and Hospital . Told them that they always do an Ultrasound too and I have 2 markers in the Left

TODAY they call and want to do Bi-lat U/S grrr. I start my new job on MONDAY !
Couldn't have called beginning of the week ? I offered to sit and wait today at what ever site they wanted... nope.
Offered next Wed since I have to wait for my car in the morning, Nope.

So i get to wait till Feb 15th at 8am... DD has Wisdom teeth removal at 11am that day :rolleyes:

We lost our little buddy Sammy today. I was with him to the last moment. One of the hardest things Ive ever had to do.
sammy4.jpg

Oh goody - a safe play to whine!!

I have 3 missing Amazon packages that were supposedly delivered Friday. Their website said to wait 36 hours because sometimes packages are marked delivered before they are really are. :confused:

Then I spend about 2 hours working their website to find out how to report missing packages: clicked a lot of question and answer boxes only to find none of them apply. Finally got to a chat window where I was told they were "mismarked" and should be delivered in the next 2 days.

Final step? The little pop-up customer service survey that states Amazon wants to be the most customer service oriented company in the world. o_O

Btw, I had 2 gallons of Nutiva coconut oil in those orders! 18 bucks each which is the best price I could find as our closest Big Lots doesn't have the big sizes any more.
I always opt for live chat whenever possible. Most companies offer that option; it is most useful and saves you a lot of time.

We lost our little buddy Sammy today. I was with him to the last moment. One of the hardest things Ive ever had to do.
View attachment 35427

So sorry to hear of your loss. I went through 3 weeks of what felt like absolute torture about 5 years ago when my cat got sick, what made it worse was the fact that the insurance company was saying they wouldnt cover me because he got sick a day before the 15 day clause of cover was over. They ended up paying in the end but took ages to get them to say they might and to try in case. Then i had a vet receptionist asking if i had waited so he was covered. Anyways i had get him put down after about 3 weeks it cost me nearly £1k but it was soo soo sad watching him in that way he was doped like mad for most of that time and even the vets assistants were upset that he was getting put down because he was such an amazing character. Also lost family dog a few years ago that was devastating 15 years and he helped me through so much. But iv got teh terror twins now and folks got a terrier too but hes a dog not cats.

Gripe cant sleep nearly 3am and just not tired i had started getting my sleeping pattern back to more normal but work are messing me about big time. Been gym today to take some anger out and it worked and i spent most the evening getting cat cuddles while researching face bar soaps foubd one and setup to make it tomorrow but now i just feel frustrated that i cant sleep

So sorry to hear of your loss. I went through 3 weeks of what felt like absolute torture about 5 years ago when my cat got sick, what made it worse was the fact that the insurance company was saying they wouldnt cover me because he got sick a day before the 15 day clause of cover was over. They ended up paying in the end but took ages to get them to say they might and to try in case. Then i had a vet receptionist asking if i had waited so he was covered. Anyways i had get him put down after about 3 weeks it cost me nearly £1k but it was soo soo sad watching him in that way he was doped like mad for most of that time and even the vets assistants were upset that he was getting put down because he was such an amazing character. Also lost family dog a few years ago that was devastating 15 years and he helped me through so much. But iv got teh terror twins now and folks got a terrier too but hes a dog not cats.

Gripe cant sleep nearly 3am and just not tired i had started getting my sleeping pattern back to more normal but work are messing me about big time. Been gym today to take some anger out and it worked and i spent most the evening getting cat cuddles while researching face bar soaps foubd one and setup to make it tomorrow but now i just feel frustrated that i cant sleep
Thank you every one. Sammy got sick this past Sunday and we tried everything to save him. We were at the vet almost daily. It got to the point that he was struggling and there was no more we could try. They sedated him first so he could relax and be comfortable and I spent time with him loving him up. I held onto him as he passed. Ripped my heart out but it was the right thing.

So Sorry msunnerstood.
It is both the best and the worst, to be there at the end.

From the photo, it looked like your Sammy got to have a good long life with you :)
He did, he was 13. That was his rug.. He claimed it and wouldnt let the other dogs lay on it. It was like a childs blanket.. when we moved, that rug had to come with lol He had a spot on my bed too. Its going to be tough going to sleep without him tonight.

Latest posts

Back