Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed i am one of maybe like 2 people I know who accepts people the way they are because if i dont like someone i just dont form a relationship with them. But it turns out a whole lot of people around me are not at all like that and want me and everybody else to conform to what they think or like or dont like. And that is horrible. Is not that i let people step over me, but if i know my bestfriend is the #1 neurotic ever then thats fine. But i have to not be that *insert here something he doesnt like about me*. Honestly i am begining to think that i should actually be as “care free” as he thinks I am.

Its 4.30 am in england and not slept. made a batch last night but it riced and accelerated again. So after just lying in bed for about 3-4 hours i decided to get up finish the washing up and tidy my kitchen up a bit then still wasnt remotely tired so i weighed all oils and butters out for another batch tomorrow i wouldnt be quite so bothered by not sleeping but iv got to go to a beekeeping demo in the morning

Its 4.30 am in england and not slept. made a batch last night but it riced and accelerated again. So after just lying in bed for about 3-4 hours i decided to get up finish the washing up and tidy my kitchen up a bit then still wasnt remotely tired so i weighed all oils and butters out for another batch tomorrow i wouldnt be quite so bothered by not sleeping but iv got to go to a beekeeping demo in the morning
Ohh Love BEES !!!
Sorry no sleep for you :(

Ohh Love BEES !!!
Sorry no sleep for you :(

Winters in full swing here in england now so they get moody very quickly this time of the year so the love isnt particually mutual when they attack you. I need to go into my hive tomorrow and sort them out. Dont know if its a world wide issue but hives here have problems with verroea mites and they have to be treated. Last time i went in my hive alone i got attacked. But yes i too love bees when they are well behaved lol. We also have asain hornets on our shores bit too wet up north so as yet no nests have been found locally wasps are bad enough :(

I suppose that could be my gripe for today lol moody bees, asain hornets and wasps

In Winter here we just close them up for the Winter and leave them be. Too cold up here to open it up.
While I do not have Bees, and we do have Mites, but when I get my hives up and running I will not use Chemicals for the Mites.

Gripe today, Weather is wonky, will be 45 tomorrow :eek: should be 30

In Winter here we just close them up for the Winter and leave them be. Too cold up here to open it up.
While I do not have Bees, and we do have Mites, but when I get my hives up and running I will not use Chemicals for the Mites.

Gripe today, Weather is wonky, will be 45 tomorrow :eek: should be 30

Well im kinda reluctantly treating them but if its between using chemicals and an entire colony dying or significantly weakened i also know which id prefer to do.

I only got my bees in june and considering that it is a strong colony seems silly not to treat them. The chemicals and regulations for selling honey in the uk is VERY strict so im sure it wouldnt be allowed if it was harmful to the bees. Pesticides are far worse and they are all over the place.

Do you guys have asain hornets?

Gripe is my cat just the one of them twice today has sat at my window asking to come inside then when i open the window he looks at me like im crazy which is fine when its warm but when its cold which i know we have pretty mild winters compared to some its still cold enough to counteract the heating.

Not really a gripe more confusion 2 days ago i used a crosstrainer for 15 minutes and for the first time in about 3 years now iv been back at the gym for a year now but yet my calfs were crazy sore yesterday yet i did my leg exercises yesterday and today calfs are fine even after doing heavy specific calf exercises just doesnt make any sense to me

Gripe: People in my department (actually only 1 person in the Singapore office) not doing their own job with their own deals but trying to micro-manage the rest of the team. Then after putting myself and another team member on the spot to do all her work she didn't do so the $500m deal didn't go south, and puttung us 4 hours behind on our own work, and having to make that up by working a 16 hour day, coming online tonight and acting like it was no big deal... Grrrrr I am soooooo glad I'm on a 3 week vacation starting at 4pm tomorrow afternoon!!!

Have you tried the 4-7-8 breathing technique for sleep?
I was so sceptical at first but I tried it and woke up the next morning thinking did that work? Tried it again and yes it does!!
Worth trying anyway to see if it works for you.

https://www.healthline.com/health/4-7-8-breathing#1

Gripe, going into HR today to talk about me going back to work there (I left Last year! ) and having to do everything all over again... like get 5 references... Ummm YOU ARE my reference duh.
Oh and the dept that I will be going to has been waiting for 2 positions to fill for 6 months......... You think they would attempt to Try to fill things a bit faster.

So I had this soap planned out. It was going to be my very first CP soap to make after not being able to make any in months. I had the FO and colors picked out, everything. So I go to work making the soap, everything was going great! I was happy that it was working out for me, then I pour in the FO and it starts to rice :( and now I have 2 plus log molds with bumpy soap that I think is going to just be a waste of items. :( So note to self, do not forget to read the notes on the product listing about the FO :(

So I had this soap planned out. It was going to be my very first CP soap to make after not being able to make any in months. I had the FO and colors picked out, everything. So I go to work making the soap, everything was going great! I was happy that it was working out for me, then I pour in the FO and it starts to rice :( and now I have 2 plus log molds with bumpy soap that I think is going to just be a waste of items. :( So note to self, do not forget to read the notes on the product listing about the FO :(

Why are you making so much soap at one time. You really should make no more than 2 lbs. it can get expensive when things go wrong. Especially of you have to toss it.

100% agree with shunt on this one even after months of soaping im only making 1 loaf mold worth at a time. Im still experimenting with fo and seeing what works and as shunt has said it gets expensive when things go wrong. I wish someone had said that to me before my first batch that turned out a complete failure.

It was a recipe that I have made several times, the only thing different was the color and FO :( Luckily the molds are the small loaf molds :) Live and Learn lol.

Gripe, going into HR today to talk about me going back to work there (I left Last year! ) and having to do everything all over again... like get 5 references... Ummm YOU ARE my reference duh.
Oh and the dept that I will be going to has been waiting for 2 positions to fill for 6 months......... You think they would attempt to Try to fill things a bit faster.
Five references? Perhaps that is why they have not been able to fill open positions!

Five references? Perhaps that is why they have not been able to fill open positions!
Tell me about it.... Plus I worked for them for 6-7 years. And I was told before, when working there, that I could not be a reference for someone, that That had to come from HR ?? so silly, and glad I only have to deal with them in the beginning :rolleyes:

Gripe.... it is going to be 54 F out today, it should be 30

Gripe-my embroidery ,machine failed me this morning as I was stitching out a BBQ apron for our daughter’s fiancée. Bummer! Fortunately, I also bought him a BBQ cookbook. He will get an apron next year (in January).

Latest posts

Back