Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite trying to fight it off; I'm angry and depressed. I've tried to be positive and for the most part it's worked, but this year has just been a one long moderate, but never-ending stress. I don't have the energy left to be positive, especially now that Christmas is here and I still can't decorate, can't make soap, can't bake. Today is another day that the workers haven't shown up. My little one can't have friends over, had no birthday party, can't thoroughly celebrate any holiday because our house is still held hostage by the mortgage company's need to control the repairs. We have no control over our living situation and it's really tough on her - never knowing from one hour to the next if we can even walk into the front, back door, use the kitchen, do laundry or have electricity!

Did I mention that I've re-injured my broken foot - twice??? There's so much construction crap, nails, screws, bits of drywall and concrete on the floor, piles of supplies stores in every. single. room that it's hazardous. I can't turn around with hurting myself because I'm trying to multi-task - get things done and get quickly out of the mess so we can hide upstairs behind the bedroom door.

We can't do any of the traditional things we do for Christmas - everything is packed in a storage container that we have no key for! They took it almost 8 MONTHS ago and we had to fill out paperwork for it - and still don't have the key!

We have beds, 2 chairs, and a card table.

Ok - I'll admit too that I've put on pounds this year because of needing to eat out nearly every single meal - very expensive so it's got to be cheap fast food.

Next month, yet another good friend is moving to a new state.

I'm at my wits end.

Last edited:
Despite trying to fight it off; I'm angry and depressed. I've tried to be positive and for the most part it's worked, but this year has just been a one long moderate, but never-ending stress. I don't have the energy left to be positive, especially now that Christmas is here and I still can't decorate, can't make soap, can't bake. Today is another day that the workers haven't shown up. My little one can't have friends over, had no birthday party, can't thoroughly celebrate any holiday because our house is still held hostage by the mortgage company's need to control the repairs. We have no control over our living situation and it's really tough on her - never knowing from one hour to the next if we can even walk into the front, back door, use the kitchen, do laundry or have electricity!

Did I mention that I've re-injured my broken foot - twice??? There's so much construction crap, nails, screws, bits of drywall and concrete on the floor, piles of supplies stores in every. single. room that it's hazardous. I can't turn around with hurting myself because I'm trying to multi-task - get things done and get quickly out of the mess so we can hide upstairs behind the bedroom door.

We can't do any of the traditional things we do for Christmas - everything is packed in a storage container that we have no key for! They took it almost 8 MONTHS ago and we had to fill out paperwork for it - and still don't have the key!

Ok - I'll admit too that I've put on pounds this year because of needing to eat out nearly every single meal - very expensive so it's got to be cheap fast food.

I'm at my wits end.

I know it isn't much but I'm sending virtual hugs your way. Hopefully, things turnaround soon. (((Hugs)))

I'm at my wits end.

I’m so sorry you’ve got so much going on. Sending hugs and try to stay strong. Insurance companies are such a PIA.

@lenarenee - My heart goes out to you. I can't say anything to help you feel better, I know, but I am sorry you have had to put up with so much for such a long time. Having all of this happening during the holidays just makes it all that much harder. Just know that even though it may seem that way, this isn't permanent. It will get better. Not soon enough, but it will get better. Can you think of one new tradition to start that is something you can do even in your difficult circumstances - maybe involve your daughter in thinking of ideas?

When FM managers say, oh can't you just put it all on one table, flat, just laid out ?
Ummmmm I don't Want to because that doesn't look very professional.
But I will have to do that for 4 more shows this Winter, and mark on my notes that Next year this one is a no-go.

I've been sick for two weeks, and haven't been able to make any soap because I feel it's unhygienic...I'm really itching to try out two new designs. Also, my stepmother is an insufferable shrew who emotionally and psychologically manipulates my dad...and they've been having major drama lately. I need some soap therapy. I probably won't even soap again for another week at least because I'm moving into a new house. (I think I may just move my soap supplies over first and go there to create at night).

When did cool whip become frosting? So.gross. and so frustrating when I want cake and all the deli cakes are frosted in cool whip. I tried scraping it off, but cake without frosting is so wrong.

Thank you for all of the cyber caring you sent !

Gripe update: After telling the owner of the house 3 times how stressful the situation is on an 11 year old kid who hasn't had access to the majority of her things, let along be able to have a friend over to play for half of a YEAR, they finally mentioned the undue stress to the powers that be at the mortgage company and a check was sent out days later.

Owner also mentioned they have a lawyer lined up to intervene if stuff didn't get rolling. My head says that's why the check went out. But my heart hopes somebody found their compassion and decided it was time.

Gripe... Not knowing what I want to do with my life right now (besides soaping) to make a living.

and this PILE of tiny Marsh-mellows is NOT helping !!

People who leave parishable refrigerated food in the dry food section because they are to lazy to take the items back when they decide they do not want, need, afford or whatever reason. I can understand if you just got an emergecy call that your house is burning down or suddely you start having a stroke but any other reason please tell the nearest person that you have to leave your grocery selection. It is a shame to see dairy randomly left in the cooffee/ tea section then come home to find your deli ham has mold. Come on people this is not rocket science!!!!

@Lye-h20-oil YES !!!

And worse is when you see the grocery kid put it back in the case...... yup I actually had to grab the item and go to the manager to explain. So it DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN ! I didn't' say what kid did it.

People who leave parishable refrigerated food in the dry food section because they are to lazy to take the items back when they decide they do not want, need, afford or whatever reason. I can understand if you just got an emergecy call that your house is burning down or suddely you start having a stroke but any other reason please tell the nearest person that you have to leave your grocery selection. It is a shame to see dairy randomly left in the cooffee/ tea section then come home to find your deli ham has mold. Come on people this is not rocket science!!!!
I always try to put cold food back in a refigerator closest to me(even if it isn't the one that it originally came from). I have twin toddlers and sometimes stuff just happens and you have to leave immediately...but I try not to be a jerk about it.

December is going by so fast
I have $1 in my bank account
I have $1 in my savings account
I thought possitive thinking would save me
I try to make our home comfortable and today I was taken for granted.
I'm pretty sure I witnessed the after scene of a person who jumped off of a bridge on to a train track today.
I'm cooking a pack of chicken legs to last through the week and I'm sad because christmas is here.
I'm not sure who my friends are.
My battery is going dead.

I bought a new printer last week because the one i had donated to me by my cousin after his dad (my uncle) died a few years ago well it ran out of ink last week and in the long term it was much quicker to buy a newer printer because the ink is cheaper and will last longer. So using my initative when i picked up the printer i also ordered some ink cartridges online the site seems ligit it was first hit on google search and all great feedback. this was a week ago i ordered them and still my order is saying processed. So i wrote them an email on Saturday shut until Monday at that point but it was blunt but as polite as i could cope given how annoyed i was given it says ready for immediate dispatch on the article next to the product i bought and then says the shipping method was 1-2 working days making it reasonable to expect it by about Friday or Saturday. But nope still says processing and no reply to my email so i tried ringing them today its a premium number that costs 50p a minute so not exactly cheap but i found an alternative number and it got through to the intro thing anyways the intro said sorry we are busy there is no1 to take your call please email us. Well obviously i did that and got nothing and then the thing hung up on me tried it a few times and just said the same thing. im not in any major rush for the ink to get here its just annoying me that its taking this long to even get sent out i know its Christmas but it shouldn't take that long if it says immediate dispatch. Going to have to hold my tongue when i eventually get through to them. Just leave bad feedback unless they somehow make things better

My gripe? We as a company have to have all year end discussions before the 14th (our international corporate day) and mine has been postponed and rescheduled now 4 times. Because my new supervisor sits in Singapore, it was last rescheduled to 6am my time. (that's 8pm SG time) well, I get in the office today for our video conference meeting only to see that it is postponed yet again to 5pm this evening. So I cancelled the whole thing. I'm not willing to be in the office over 12 hours just because they can't seem to get that ducks in a row. If it gets delayed or cancelled altogether I'm not sure what will happen. I'm sure nothing good. *sigh*

Gripe... HR depts in Hospitals.......... especially the one that I used to work for and just applied to go back. :rolleyes:
They stink for sure. I've worked in a hospital for 40 years. Our HR dept is horrible. I was on an MLOA last year and they removed me totally from the system so my benefits didn't get paid from my disability (managed by them) and guess who had to write a big check when she returned. Every time one of my residents go on leave there's an issue.

Gripe... HR depts in Hospitals..
Our HR dept is horrible.
:( Sorry.

I griped earlier about my year end discussion and apparently spoke too soon because they called and kept the meeting. And I'm actually shocked at how well I did, and the compensation I got.

Latest posts

Back