Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@msunnerstood you wanna buy a house? :p I know one that's for sale...

Feeling better today after talking to the realtor. She agrees that 5k down is too much risk, and given this woman's fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants attitude there would be no guarantee that next year she wouldn't try to put less down on the balloon payment. After all, all spring she kept telling us that 10k would be no problem at all. We need to know that she really wants this house, so she'll need to put up the money. The realtor discussed with the lawyer, and we can legally add a requirement (not the word my realtor used, and I can't think of it right now) that the renter goes to credit counseling. If she cleans up her credit and can get a traditional mortgage from the bank, that would be better for us. Rent payments will continue to apply to the amortization schedule. We will not do the CFD next fall without the credit counseling regardless. If she doesn't agree to this, then she will become just a renter and my house will go back on the market.

Husband came to bed last night and apologized for having his head where the sun doesn't shine. We agreed that we both have times where we are crabby and irritated, and it's ok to get called out for it, and apologies are needed. I know he puts up with a lot from me for about 4 days a month where everything irritates me - including myself! - and at the end of each day he gets an apology and a thank you for putting up with me. He knows it doesn't last, and that I'm trying to minimize how out of sorts I can get with other people. This month when his man-rag came, I just wasn't willing to keep silent about it like I have been. Partly because I was irritated because three times last week my attitude from the previous week (I was openly a jerk) was brought up and paraded in front of friends as I'm the only one in this relationship who has mood swings. Oh, baby, that's not the case at all. You have them too, I just hide in the soap lab and keep my mouth shut when they happen. Here's your reality check, spend it wisely, honey!

Gripe: My daughter's adoption hearing was supposed to be this afternoon. Lawyer called this morning and said it needed to be postponed (date TBD) due to judge having another case that was taking longer than expected. Seriously? The judge can't take a 20 minute recess from the other case, approve our adoption, and then go back to that case? Ugh. This process has already taken so long. First we spent months interviewing different lawyers, looking for a) one that was affordable and b) one that didn't treat me like a dirty tramp. We had to wait until last December before we could file anyways because of the law that the child and adoptee have to live together for 6 months. Finally found an affordable lawyer that I love - really, everyone at that office has been great about keeping us up to date on where things are, and treating us very respectfully - so started the process in March. There were a few hiccups along the way, the judge took the maximum time allowed to approve the affidavit for public notification (my daughter's father is unknown because... well... I was a dirty tramp), then took the maximum time to set a court date after the public notification, so we did not meet our goal to have it done before the beginning of this school year.

I think the universe is trying to tell me to go build a blanket fort and color for awhile...
I have 4 kids with 3 different last names. Tramp line starts behind me. Life happens. I just smile and wave at the holier than thou's.

I got started a little late for my morning bicycle ride. I was playing on the forum. I like to get out before it starts to get hot. Too late.

I got a flat tire. Okay, I'm prepared. I carry a spare tube, pump, and levers for such an eventuality. I thought about walking home, but I'd have to fix it anyway, so why bother? So, I sit and drip sweat on myself while I replace the tube. I have to disassemble the pump and reassemble it to get it to work correctly. Oh, I'm having fun now...

I did not let this little surprise abort my ride. It was **** hot by the time that I got home though. Now the only question is: will I get another flat before I get around to patching the tube?

Glad to know I'm in well-liked company, I'll gladly stand behind you. Life happens and people change.
Me too! [emoji1]

I have a gripe, inconsiderate, self centered coworkers!
Earlier I had a coworker come up to me, ask me if I needed any help because he needed something to do (his hand is in a cast and he can't work on a machine). Before I could reply, he picked up the project I was actively working on, starts thanking me and walks away with it! I was dumbfounded but I had a lot to do so I grabbed another project only to discover that my coworker is nowhere to be found & the work he took from me is just sitting on a table! A few minutes later at 1:45p he comes back saying he broke his cast and had to go back to the clinic for another. He just got back 10 minutes ago. Our shift ends in 10 minutes. Thankfully I had the presence of mind to take my project back and finish it when he left so I could inventory it.

Last edited:
I have 2 kiddos with 2 different last names then mine. :( neither wanted my 11 letter last name LOL

Gripe... I went to the Gym, fast walked on treadmill for over an hour and on the ride home I feel I have lost my get-go for the day :( Who says that you are pumped after a workout :smallshrug:

I have been having bad days the last few days. Yes, my bad days do seem to come in batches. I wish my good days came in batches as well.

My fridge is filling up with soap supplies! I hope I don't accidentally grab the castor instead olive oil when cooking. That could get...er...messy.

Gripe: husband is at the end of his rope with my half finished projects. Unfortunately I don't blame him at all. I just need to learn when a project is outside of my patience range, and not do those things. I'm off to list some things on FB rummage - maybe someone else will be able to finish what I started.

Gripe: husband is at the end of his rope with my half finished projects. Unfortunately I don't blame him at all. I just need to learn when a project is outside of my patience range, and not do those things. I'm off to list some things on FB rummage - maybe someone else will be able to finish what I started.

This sounds so much like my sister. Are you an Ares by any chance?

This sounds so much like my sister. Are you an Ares by any chance?
I am and that sounds like me too [emoji16].

My coffee isn't working today. It's not giving me the drive, motivation, energy, mental focus or anything else that caffeine with a good dose of sugar should do lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

My gripe of the week has been seeing others bullied on social media

Not going into details, but everyone seems to be in a mood lately on the Facebook. Lol

My mouth sores took so very long to heal! They aren't totally gone, but in another day or two, I think they will be only a memory.

Being in such discomfort for so long messed with my mind so much that I am still wondering where my mind was at when 'this or that' was going happening. I've stopped looking for my missing stuff in hopes it will magically appear on it's own one day soon. Hasn't happened yet, though.

Found out I had been accepted to a two day show in July and they forgot to let me know. Contacted me last night to see if I was still participating. It’s next weekend.

I thought I was pretty much done for the year except online orders. Nope, an my stock it pretty low. Currently making two double batches of sugar scrub, then on to some lip balms. Bath bombs this weekend. Too late to make soap.

I was suppose to make a batch of 3 Wise Men soap last weekend. It's an annual request from a family friend. I didn't make it because I accidentally splattered myself with hot bacon grease. I was in the middle of changing clothes when I went to check on the food I was cooking so of course I was in my undies when I got splattered. I burned my forearm, stomach and hip. The burns are healing faster than expected but my goodness are they ITCHY & distracting. I can't make soap when I'm distracted. Not being focused is how I splattered myself.

I
My mouth sores took so very long to heal! They aren't totally gone, but in another day or two, I think they will be only a memory.

Being in such discomfort for so long messed with my mind so much that I am still wondering where my mind was at when 'this or that' was going happening. I've stopped looking for my missing stuff in hopes it will magically appear on it's own one day soon. Hasn't happened yet, though.

It's frustrating to realize that these little life challenges mess with us so much, isn't it? I'm not making light of your situation, but trying keep perspective as it was not life threatening. ....like my broken toes! Kept reminding myself to be glad it wasn't a broken leg!

Now I'm finding myself to just be "off", and just can't get my focus back. Such a wimp! Although there's other small annoyances going on, but they shouldn't be holding me back!

So grateful for this thread. Our gripes may be small in the grand scheme of things but it sure feels good to get them out. I have a bar next door with $1 mystery shots. I don't drink very often but sometimes that sure is tempting to take a walk.

I'd be disappointed if I was not handed a wax melt "mystery shot" lol

I'd be disappointed if I was not handed a wax melt "mystery shot" lol
If they were anything like this, I'd give a mystery wax shot a try. Lol I used to love these as a kid.
Screenshot_2018-09-21-13-38-51.jpeg

Latest posts

Back