Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can tell him that no, you are not available and to reschedule for a set date. Your Migraines might let him know that it is not a good time ;)
Here it is 24 hr notice, as a former LL, I would do drive by's and Looky loo's around the yard and if I thought that there NEEDED to be a inside visit, I would say the time is exact. But really you would have had to give me a bad bad feeling to do a walk through.

Gripe. My LL doesn't give to poops. Told him the gutters needed to be cleaned out on the 2nd floor. I DID the 1st floor but can't reach the top... he never did it. Got Ice dams and damage on the inside... gee hope he remembers that I pulled him inside to see the damage back then. Because I told him not to paint or anything as I didn't care because all he wanted to do was Paint. Painting was NOT going to fix it for next winter. dah dah

You can tell him that no, you are not available and to reschedule for a set date. Your Migraines might let him know that it is not a good time ;)
Here it is 24 hr notice, as a former LL, I would do drive by's and Looky loo's around the yard and if I thought that there NEEDED to be a inside visit, I would say the time is exact. But really you would have had to give me a bad bad feeling to do a walk through.

Gripe. My LL doesn't give to poops. Told him the gutters needed to be cleaned out on the 2nd floor. I DID the 1st floor but can't reach the top... he never did it. Got Ice dams and damage on the inside... gee hope he remembers that I pulled him inside to see the damage back then. Because I told him not to paint or anything as I didn't care because all he wanted to do was Paint. Painting was NOT going to fix it for next winter. dah dah
Our yard looks 10 times better than when we moved in we have really taken care of it.
We have only been here four months so it odd that he wants to do this now although he said he was going to be in the neighborhood for a different reason so maybe it was just convenient for him. Glad he doesn't give a crud about whether or not it's convenient for us

Well, we survived the walk through but imagine our surprise when the landord brought his daughter, brother and parents with him.. Apparently they were all down here for something else and were going fishing at the creek.which we knew he would do time to time.. but 5 people in my house looking at my stuff? (they asked about the soap and my husbands guitars) Im gonna need a valium.

Well, we survived the walk through but imagine our surprise when the landord brought his daughter, brother and parents with him.. Apparently they were all down here for something else and were going fishing at the creek.which we knew he would do time to time.. but 5 people in my house looking at my stuff? (they asked about the soap and my husbands guitars) Im gonna need a valium.

That's not a walkthrough - that is a tour. Invasive and inappropriate, not businesslike. If it becomes a habit....!

I agree with both of you. My husband didnt mind because they were ohhing and ahhing over his arrowhead collection but I wanted to crawl outta my skin. I moved far away with a landlord far away to avoid this stuff. I am a private person, my stuff is mine.This may be his house but its MY home.

imagine our surprise when the landord brought his daughter, brother and parents with him.
This is very suspicious. What did he claim was the purpose of his visit? I'm guessing that someone in this group is looking for a place to live. Do you have a lease?

My gripe is myself. More specifically, my energy level. It feels like I've been battling it for the past year. I've changed my diet, take vitamins, lost weight, changed how I handle certain stressors, take naps when possible, etc. The changes have helped some but the tiredness and headaches still come and go. I wish I could figure out what triggers this. I relaunched my soap business when my energy level was up and I was feeling myself again. Now that I have a million and ten things to do to get it going all I want to do is sleep. Thankfully I was able to sign up for health insurance thru my job last week. It goes into effect October 1st. I had put off getting insurance thru my job for the past 2 years because my doctor for the past 20 years doesn't take my jobs insurance and I thought I could get insurance on my own. What I'd have to pay for the insurance that I used to have, is twice as high as what I'll be paying starting in October. I wish we had universal healthcare like other countries.

msuunderstood, that is so wrong in so many ways. I was renting in Maine years ago in a rural area and the creepy landlord showed up at 10:30 at night to shovel the snow off of the roof, unannounced. I woke to the shuffling noise above me, needless to say, it scared the living daylights out of me. What is it about boundaries some people just don't get? :hairpulling: (A valium and a quart of ice cream day)

Oh I am sick, my DH got some nasty virus and generously passed it to me, with my COPD is usually end with antibiotics so I am not only upset but feel like very sick puppy
Soap addict I am so sorry you are sick .
Many people from Us ask me about our health care , Universal health care plan. It sucks it will cover the operations necessary for you to survive and kick you out of hospital, They brought home my husband on stretcher 3 hours after 5 hours long operation on his legs, Told me to take care of him and watch him for 24 hours, He has both legs crashed, The universal health care suppose to help with caring in such situation. Not in Canada while you do not have Health insurance. The nurse was calling few times that is on the way but never got there, I am not nurse and I was the one changing bandages, giving shots, washing lifting and etcetera,
Good Univcersal health plan is in France, Holland, even Russia have better one that Us or Canada. You can not afford to pay you do not get guality care.
Do you take magnesium? My doc upped it to 400 mg a day (magnesium biglycinate) and I feel a lot better . ..

Last edited:
New Gripe, seems like im always irritated lately. I have a friend in Wilmington,NC. After the hurricane, there is no way in or out o Wilmington due to damage and severe flooding. There are 3 restaurants open in the whole town.. one is Dominos. After days of tornado warnings and of course, the hurricane, her husband went up to get 4 pizzas for her, her daughter and grandkids and the neighbor. Dominos has a deal where f you order 2 or more pizzas they are $5.99. When they ring him up,they charged $12 a piece! They doubled their prices for people who have no access to stores to stock up again. Who have no power in order to cook. The world is full of Jerks

This is very suspicious. What did he claim was the purpose of his visit? I'm guessing that someone in this group is looking for a place to live. Do you have a lease?
We have a 2 year lease. They were down here looking at another property and wanted to kill 2 birds with one stone. He owns several rentals.

I do understand being suspicious though because our last landlord informed us after living there 3 years that his friend was getting a divorce and needed a house in the district and gave us 60 days notice.

Wow, I won't be ordering from them again, that's pathetic.:(
I left them a nasty review on their store sight and detailed what they did. also contacted corporate

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I am sick, my DH got some nasty virus and generously passed it to me, with my COPD is usually end with antibiotics so I am not only upset but feel like very sick puppy
Soap addict I am so sorry you are sick .
Many people from Us ask me about our health care , Universal health care plan. It sucks it will cover the operations necessary for you to survive and kick you out of hospital, They brought home my husband on stretcher 3 hours after 5 hours long operation on his legs, Told me to take care of him and watch him for 24 hours, He has both legs crashed, The universal health care suppose to help with caring in such situation. Not in Canada while you do not have Health insurance. The nurse was calling few times that is on the way but never got there, I am not nurse and I was the one changing bandages, giving shots, washing lifting and etcetera,
Good Univcersal health plan is in France, Holland, even Russia have better one that Us or Canada. You can not afford to pay you do not get guality care.
Do you take magnesium? My doc upped it to 400 mg a day (magnesium biglycinate) and I feel a lot better . ..
So sorry you caught your hubby's virus. I hope you get better quickly. I was taking a magnesium supplement but I found that it contained corn starch. I'm allergic to corn & wheat so I had to stop taking them and I haven't found a replacement yet. I take a daily multivitamin but it only has 15% of the recommended amount.

Gripe #1: Husband has been on the man rag all weekend. Sorry guys, I don't care what you say, men get PMS too. Finally done with his attitude, called him out on his nonsense. He banished himself to the basement for the evening. He has irritated me to the point that I don't even want to be on the same floor as him, so I guess I won't be making soap (soap lab is in the basement).

Gripe #2: I have a renter in my "before I got married" house. She wants to buy the house, but has bad credit so she doesn't think she'll be able to get a traditional bank mortgage. So, this spring we agreed to do Contract for Deed in the fall, agreeing on 10k down and monthly payments with balloon payments annually. All of her rent from the first of the year is also being applied to the total house purchase. So... first she asks the realtor if we can extend the closing date a month because she won't have the money until the second week of November (she's a seasonal worker, so part of her income is in a perdiem check at the end of each season). Fine... then on Saturday when I was over there painting, she came up to me... she doesn't have the 10k down, she only has 5k [insert sob story here], so she wants to change the amount down to 5k. Um, lady... I turned down 4 CFD offers because they were only 5k, and they offered larger monthly payments... I didn't want to do CFD to begin with but I did as a favor to your family who I've known since I was a kid. What really ticked me off... she kept saying "well, just remember Sherry, I can't do my renovations until the CFD is done, so just keep that in mind." Like I give a rat's patooty about your renovations and if you can afford to do renovations then why the heck can't you afford to give me the 10k down? "Well, if I give you the 10k then I have to wait a year to start renovations." Welcome to being a grown up, lady. I told her that if she doesn't have the 10k, then there is no CFD. If she wants to continue renting for the next year, I will continue to apply the monthly rent to the amoritization schedule, she should spend the next year taking care of her credit issues and then next fall go to the bank and get a real loan.

Ugh. It just ticks me off that people don't get a clue with their money. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was dead broke, to the point that my paycheck hit the bank and I had $12 to decide if I was buying food or gas in my car. I went out and got a second job, working a total of 72 hours a week - while pregnant with a baby that had a heart defect (I was told she wouldn't live at birth). After my daughter was born, she went to live with my mom for 6 months while I worked my butt off for 72 hours a week, every week, to pay off my debts. Some weeks I saw my son for three hours for the whole week (thank god he had a dad that was involved and willing to step up so I get myself sorted out!). It was the worst year of my life, but man oh man, when I made that last payment and handed in my resignation to my part-time job, and then the next month I got to spend 70% of my paycheck on whatever I wanted (I didn't, but could have)... and 6 months later I had 2 months salary in savings, paid for a 3 year old car in cash, and still had 70% of my paycheck to do what I wanted... and 3 years after that I had enough money saved up to put 15% down on my house, pay the closing costs, and buy appliances - and still had money in savings! I learned my lesson about taking care of money, and it has taken care of me 10-fold. I wish the lady renting my house would get a stinking clue.

Thanks for letting me rant. I feel 1000x better. Maybe I will go make soap.

@amd Please just tell her NO and that you will sell it to a traditional buyer.

Really, Been there, done that, she will NEVER have the money and you will be stuck.

Cut the loss. Once bitten twice shy ........... she just bit you Twice

@msunnerstood you wanna buy a house? :p I know one that's for sale...

Feeling better today after talking to the realtor. She agrees that 5k down is too much risk, and given this woman's fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants attitude there would be no guarantee that next year she wouldn't try to put less down on the balloon payment. After all, all spring she kept telling us that 10k would be no problem at all. We need to know that she really wants this house, so she'll need to put up the money. The realtor discussed with the lawyer, and we can legally add a requirement (not the word my realtor used, and I can't think of it right now) that the renter goes to credit counseling. If she cleans up her credit and can get a traditional mortgage from the bank, that would be better for us. Rent payments will continue to apply to the amortization schedule. We will not do the CFD next fall without the credit counseling regardless. If she doesn't agree to this, then she will become just a renter and my house will go back on the market.

Husband came to bed last night and apologized for having his head where the sun doesn't shine. We agreed that we both have times where we are crabby and irritated, and it's ok to get called out for it, and apologies are needed. I know he puts up with a lot from me for about 4 days a month where everything irritates me - including myself! - and at the end of each day he gets an apology and a thank you for putting up with me. He knows it doesn't last, and that I'm trying to minimize how out of sorts I can get with other people. This month when his man-rag came, I just wasn't willing to keep silent about it like I have been. Partly because I was irritated because three times last week my attitude from the previous week (I was openly a jerk) was brought up and paraded in front of friends as I'm the only one in this relationship who has mood swings. Oh, baby, that's not the case at all. You have them too, I just hide in the soap lab and keep my mouth shut when they happen. Here's your reality check, spend it wisely, honey!

Gripe: My daughter's adoption hearing was supposed to be this afternoon. Lawyer called this morning and said it needed to be postponed (date TBD) due to judge having another case that was taking longer than expected. Seriously? The judge can't take a 20 minute recess from the other case, approve our adoption, and then go back to that case? Ugh. This process has already taken so long. First we spent months interviewing different lawyers, looking for a) one that was affordable and b) one that didn't treat me like a dirty tramp. We had to wait until last December before we could file anyways because of the law that the child and adoptee have to live together for 6 months. Finally found an affordable lawyer that I love - really, everyone at that office has been great about keeping us up to date on where things are, and treating us very respectfully - so started the process in March. There were a few hiccups along the way, the judge took the maximum time allowed to approve the affidavit for public notification (my daughter's father is unknown because... well... I was a dirty tramp), then took the maximum time to set a court date after the public notification, so we did not meet our goal to have it done before the beginning of this school year.

I think the universe is trying to tell me to go build a blanket fort and color for awhile...

Latest posts

Back