Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally I was going to be departing California yesterday and arriving home again in time for a doctor appointment I had next week. My stay was extended because my check engine light is on & I couldn't get it to stay off, then it started making an odd noise and I took it to a repair shop on Wednesday morning. They discovered it needs an oil flame trap, but the part wouldn't arrive until today, so hopefully my car will be ready later today. It's not an expensive part (or kit), but the work takes time and although my husband can do it, he's 2100 miles away at home and I am here. I just called and the shop said my car should be ready by the end of the day, but now it's my 3rd day without my car and it's annoying.

I had to re-schedule my Dr. appt and couldn't get one until mid-September which meant I had to ask for another prescription so I can walk without pain and listen to the nurse say 'only one month because you have to have blood work every 6-months' like it was a decision I made for my car to have to have work done on it while stuck 2100 miles from home. AND they should have taken baseline blood work in the first place, but never did. So I am just generally irritated today!

Gripe, just went to look at my last Thyroid blood tests (thanks @earlene for reminding me) and there IS NONE !
Another reason I left that place and the Lab is only open 8-5 ! Seriously ?

Ken bought a new movie. He's a DVD junkie lol. I wanted to save it to watch Sunday which is our date day but he insisted on watching it tonight. Swore that he wouldn't fall asleep like he usually does and then he fell asleep like he usually does! He had like 45 minutes left in the movie and he falls asleep! I kept trying to wake him but it was no use. And then the movie ending made me cry & it made me angry. I know he'll want to watch it again but it'll be without me unless there's an alternate ending that we can watch!

NOT having a good weekend. Wow up with a migraine, then my stickblender tipped over my bowl as I was adding my FO. I lost about 5 oz of batter to the floor and I'm not sure that what I saved will be any good because I scraped it off of a cheaply varnished surface and I think some of the varnish came off. Then I went to the library. The word program wouldn't put a pic where I wanted it and then nearly 2 hours of work on a cigar band soap label got accidentally erased with 1 click when I tried to print.

I recently discovered a website called Canva. It’s like a free, online version of photoshop. I there are a ton of templates and I think you can set your size on some of them.
Oooh, they have a app too! I know what I'll be playing with later lol! Thanks Battlegnome! [emoji4]

I don't often gripe about the weather because there's not much I can do about it but I'm griping today. It's still August. It shouldn't be 48ºF at 7 a.m. This smoke is keeping things from warming up. Our province is on Day 4 (or 5) of a declared state of emergency because of the fires and the smoke. The picture shows chemicals in the air; the black areas are, in this case, forest fires. As you can see, the entire western part of the continent is in flames. In the picture, we're in the green circle.
Aug 19 2018.jpg

brothers who are too lazy to be inconvenienced with picking up our mother for my daughters grad party.. he actually said "Its ok if she doesnt go" So once again with the limited time I have that day. Ill have to figure it out myself.

brothers who are too lazy to be inconvenienced with picking up our mother for my daughters grad party.. he actually said "Its ok if she doesnt go" So once again with the limited time I have that day. Ill have to figure it out myself.
Oh, I'd be saying...Go... NOW! I don't care what YOU think! It's about your daughter, not him.

Oh, I'd be saying...Go... NOW! I don't care what YOU think! It's about your daughter, not him.
He doesnt work that way. We will be picking her up on our way there. We moved 2-1/2 hours away so it will be tight time wise but its that or she doesnt go. I decided tonight that I am taking over the care of my Mother 100% and moving her near me. She deserves better than that. He was this way the last 3 years of my dads life and wouldnt help me take care of him either. I will never understand people like that.

Gripe- These antibiotics I'm taking is making me want to puke my guts out. I also prioritized hair over making a batch of soap (finally). I don't wanna go to work advertising that I was being crafty. Some of those co-workers tried my soap...

It's a bit muggy this morning, yesterday was so nice

**** Hawk is out squaking, which usually means they are just defending territory but makes me want to put the hens in all day.

Hate Siblings that can only think of themselves !

He doesnt work that way. We will be picking her up on our way there. We moved 2-1/2 hours away so it will be tight time wise but its that or she doesnt go. I decided tonight that I am taking over the care of my Mother 100% and moving her near me. She deserves better than that. He was this way the last 3 years of my dads life and wouldnt help me take care of him either. I will never understand people like that.

Yes, you are right. It's not going to change. You don't ever have to forgive him, but in turn you'd never forgive yourself if you didn't do this. And fogiving yourself is very important, but it's easier if you don't have anything for which you have forgive yourself.

I feel badly for your Mom, and your Dad. Both of them surely knew/know their son's short comings and probably felt some guilt about that. It's hard not to feel that way when you're a parent.

Speaking of parents, my sons' father is dying. It's not so much as a gripe as a sadness that my sons are going through losing a parent. I just learned about this at about 6pm yesterday when my younger son called me to make sure he has the correct number for his brother, whom I had just been visiting. He told me while we were on the phone. I haven't been married to this man in over 45 years, and I have been happily married for many years since, and yet I teared up when I heard the news and how he is dealing with his impending death. I was surprised it hit me the way it did.

Yes, you are right. It's not going to change. You don't ever have to forgive him, but in turn you'd never forgive yourself if you didn't do this. And fogiving yourself is very important, but it's easier if you don't have anything for which you have forgive yourself.

I feel badly for your Mom, and your Dad. Both of them surely knew/know their son's short comings and probably felt some guilt about that. It's hard not to feel that way when you're a parent.

Speaking of parents, my sons' father is dying. It's not so much as a gripe as a sadness that my sons are going through losing a parent. I just learned about this at about 6pm yesterday when my younger son called me to make sure he has the correct number for his brother, whom I had just been visiting. He told me while we were on the phone. I haven't been married to this man in over 45 years, and I have been happily married for many years since, and yet I teared up when I heard the news and how he is dealing with his impending death. I was surprised it hit me the way it did.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't think you ever lose the connection to somebody that you had a child with. I am sure you are also feeling some of those feelings on your son's behalf.

When my parents had guardianship over my autistic neice me and her would watch a TV show called lazytown it became a favorite of outside and got her into playing and moving round more. Today at 11:18pm my phone went off for a news article I clicked on it, come to find out the actor who played our much loved bumbling lazy vilian has died of cancer at 43 :'(. I hate cancer.

Latest posts

Back