Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amd
Our cat used to be very fussy about her cat litter.
When you have finished your clean up you might want to try just leaving a little pot of EO in the spot to discourage your cat. Like:
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Homemade-Cat-Repellent
Oh no, sorry. Cats should not be exposed to any essential oils in any form! They simply can't process it and it damages the liver (and lungs if I remember correctly). This info from a Cornell University vet school student.

Gripe: my little rhode island red hen is missing and I can't find any trace of her neighbors have not seen or heard anything and no reports of foxes or badgers in the area but my little daisy is still missing it's been a day now :(

My workplace is so unorganized that I'm amazed they've been in business for 50 years! I tried to sign up for the 401k in June. I found out from someone with less time here than me that I qualified. No one ever mentioned it to me! I could've enrolled 1 1/2 years ago! When I asked in June, I was told to wait until today because we were switching investment companies. Today I find out that I have to enroll with the (soon to be) old company so that I'll be included in the transfer. So now I've lost an additional 2 months of investing. Tuesday I was offered a promotion. Wednesday the offer was withdrawn because upper management isn't sure which direction they'd like to go! Some days this place makes me wanna go on a mass shaking spree! I just wanna grab folks but the shoulders and shake some common sense into them.

Update: the quality control position that was offered then taken back was partially offered again today [emoji43]. Starting tomorrow I'll learn how to do hourly parts inspections for the molding dept (my dept) and next week I MAY start learning how to do receiving/shipping. We had 2 people leave this week so instead of being promoted, I'll be getting extra duties.

Last edited:
Fireworks.
A church decided it was an amazingly good idea to blow fireworks (the ones that only make sound) at 6:30 am. I hate fireworks and I hate they wake me up, but I cant stand them because 3 of my dogs are scared of fireworks, so of course i had to get up and comfort them. Of course they went on for about an hour cause ahles.

The AC in my car only works intermittently and only of course in the hottest weather possible, does it blow hot air instead of cold. I scheduled an appointment for free AC diagnostics at PepBoys in Reno, but got a call just as I was getting in the car (two or 3 days ago when I was in Reno) that the AC technician was not in, so had to drive the rest of that day without AC. Temps per the signs I saw along the road were in the triple digits, heaven knows what it was inside my car! Of course free AC diagnostics is not available in California, and there's no PepBoys anywhere near where I am staying now anyway, so I called a place in town very nearby to the motel that advertised they do AC and made an appointment for my first morning here at 8 am. I figured I'd have an answer about the problem and solutions before my son even woke up and boy was I wrong.

I dropped my car off at 8 am, when it was nice and cool, meandered back to motel and then some shopping down the road while waiting for a call about my car. 2 hours later no call and thinking 'this isn't good' I called and learned they had only identified that it does what I described and maybe the pump that pumps the AC is making noise and maybe that's the problem, but they're doing more testing. So I walk over to my son's and we go in his car to his Dr. appt. and after he takes me over to the car place, but tells me they guy does unauthorized unnessecary work and that makes me even more concerned. I get something out of the trunk (and no one notices or challenges me taking stuff out of a car) go find the owner and learn they are still looking for the solution. But I ask 'I will get my car back before the end of the day, right? Even if all you do is add freon?' Yes. On the phone, my husband also expressed doubt as to their capabilities. Well, you guys aren't helping!

At about 3:15 pm, after they've had my car for over 7 hours, I get a call that I can come get my car and it's not fixed because it is beyond their league how to fix it. They couldn't be sure what was causing the intermittent problem, but that it definitely is in need of repair. When I asked how much I owed him, he said 'since we didn't fix anything, I wouldn't feel right charging you anything'. But since they put so much time into it I paid them $55.00 anyway. That's 1/2 hour labor and he said that's what they would normally charge for diagnostics, so I chose that amount to pay them. Even though I could have just walked (driven) away scott-free, I wouldn't feel right not paying anything.

But I still have AC that blows hot air in triple digits. It seems to work fine in fairly comfortable weather and can get me way too cold if I turn it to the lowest temps, but as soon as the outside temps start rising above the mid-90°s I'm toast.

Guess I will have to take it to a Volvo dealer and suffer the consequences of their billing. But maybe then I'll have working AC again. I hope it's not one of those stupid changes Ford made when they briefly owned Volvo. They messed some other aspects of Volvo during their ill-advised take-over of Volvo production, that really irritate.

Here's my gripe: So many companies had to change their FO formulations and now rebuying those that I loved do not smell the same. Ugh. It made me question my nose, but NOPE I saved the old bottles. At least I didn't drop an entire bucket of oil down the front myself. Nope, never did that.

Here's my gripe: So many companies had to change their FO formulations and now rebuying those that I loved do not smell the same. Ugh. It made me question my nose, but NOPE I saved the old bottles. At least I didn't drop an entire bucket of oil down the front myself. Nope, never did that.

Are you finding that those reformulated fo's fade more during cure time?

BB's Arabian Spice is a favorite, and I was actually very happy with the new formula at first as it smelled stronger and spicer. Now it's about 7 weeks and smells like sweet cola with no spice notes.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to find out if a scent needed to be redone ?

Gripe, I am still hungry after eating but full too . Can't make up my mind today I guess

Are you finding that those reformulated fo's fade more during cure time?

BB's Arabian Spice is a favorite, and I was actually very happy with the new formula at first as it smelled stronger and spicer. Now it's about 7 weeks and smells like sweet cola with no spice notes.

FO's are tricky substances. Of all the FO companies you could mention, Lenarenee, BB was the one on my mind when I wrote my gripe. I love BB, but just purchased a bigger bottle of a FO I had before and its different. And they are not the least expensive company. Ugh. I'll move ahead and hope it turns out like yours did and cures better than OOB. The non-gripe part is I did pick up a small bottle of Wasabi (odd) and it is amazing. Now, fingers crossed, if I do purchase a larger bottle, they don't reformulate THAT one. Ok, back to griping.

So I meet my mailman at the box today....he says.."uh oh sorry...left your mail in the neighbors box". Then tries to drive away?!? I said hey, you need to go back and get it. He tells me he isnt allowed to do that. Im like really?????

So I meet my mailman at the box today....he says.."uh oh sorry...left your mail in the neighbors box". Then tries to drive away?!? I said hey, you need to go back and get it. He tells me he isnt allowed to do that. Im like really?????
That stinks. I imagine the excuse was once delivered to touch it would be interfering with the mail? Frustrating. Hope your neighbors are decent folks.

My son went over and explained. This isnt the 1st instance of mail stupidity. They were like same ol same ol...ugh!

Can someone point me in the direction of how to find out if a scent needed to be redone ?

Gripe, I am still hungry after eating but full too . Can't make up my mind today I guess

Brambleberry had a list a while back, not too sure on other companies.

I had the food issue yesterday then went to work and drank a ton of water before eating a large salad. Maybe it’s a dehydration thing. I got way too much sun today and think I’ll be in the same boat again tonight

Back