Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran out of a topical preparation I use sometimes, so I went to see the friendly local pharmacist to get something to tide me over until Monday.

The highest concentration came in a cream base from a well known TGA approved company, so that's what I bought.

The first thing I noticed when I got it home and opened it up was that the scent was ridiculously strong. The active ingredient normally has no scent. This cream preparation smells like a cross between artificial medication and herbs, with the overpowering smell of mint over the top. Not pleasant and way too strong.

The cream base makes me feel like I'm wearing glue all over my skin, even hows later. Eeeeeeeeeeew.

And the final straw is that I barely got any sleep, because it didn't really work that well after all.

I decided to paint my room instead of just rearranging. Underneath the desk that I wasn't planning to move I found a bit of mold along the bottom edge of the wall. When I went to look at it the floor shifted underneath my feet. I now I'm going to have to hire someone to fix it. So much for my week of productivity.

Went to get new doc all signed up while at DD dr. appt, same office. Turns out she no longer taking new patients.
Grr Now I have to look all over again to see who takes my insurance etc ... grrrr

Having to watch someone give a person the wrong information about a soap in a facebook group and not being able to say anything. It involved a lye heavy soap and the suggestions were a bit off. Someone else tried to help the person but was promptly put down to the point that the lady trying to help just deleted the post. I guess I need to just leave groups, ignore, not participate, nor share anything because someone will always get offended or feel the need to be on the defensive even though you are trying to save someone from advice that can harm them. The number of places to share or try to help is getting smaller and smaller.

Last edited:
I broke 2 toes over the weekend. Don't walk into any doors while carrying groceries unless you take off your shoes AFTER you're done.
Ouch! I am just healing from Turf toe and 3 other sprained toes from a fall down the stairs. I cannot imagine breaking them. Hope it heals soon.

I have a cricket in my bedroom. Have you tried to locate those little devils? its like they know they're messing with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gripe #1: Pretty sure I pulled a muscle in my back lifting instrument pans yesterday...and then worsened it by rotating my mattress today. The second is my fault, the first is just a work hazard.

Gripe #2: I decided to start running again - something I haven't done for 8 years or so now - and I still hate it exactly as much as I used to. But something's gotta give because I've been gaining weight for a year and I'm not happy with how I look.

Gripe #3: Laundry. Also cleaning.

Ah, steffamarie, I hope your back feels better soon. I've stopped rotating my mattress because I can no longer manage it alone. I also used to be able to carry 50-pounds of dog food on my shoulder and put 5-gallon jugs of water into water coolers without spilling a drop. I can't seem to manage to do any of those things anymore. But I sure do wish I could still rotate a mattress. The last time I wanted to do that, I asked my husband to help me and at least with two of us, we did get it done, but he's just not home when I think of it. Perhaps I should make a regular schedule and write it on the calendar for when he has a day off of work.

Perhaps I should make a regular schedule and write it on the calendar for when he has a day off of work.

I should have waited for my boyfriend to come home from work...but I wanted to do it while I was thinking about it because we're like 6 months out from the last rotation and it's a fairly new mattress. They told us every 3 months for the first couple years which is totally manageable but considering how quickly I forget once I'm reminded of it lol...

My gripe, work is super slow and I'm bored! Two of our five presses are down so production is down which means my work load is very limited. I got a partial promotion which started Monday. I get to do hourly quality control parts inspections. I used to be a molder and I know the basics of what to look for so I'm not too upset that the person who's suppose to train me can't because they have her training someone else who may become our in-house mold maker. But I can't do hourly checks because she randomly comes out to do them. So, I'm just sitting there, watching YouTube on my phone. My manager said "if you're caught up on your work then you're caught up! Nothing else you can do." But I don't feel right being on the clock and not working. Last week I helped complete the filing backlog one of the secretaries had so this week there's absolutely nothing extra I can do.

Had a show on Saturday and sold 1 soap bar and 1 bubble scoop for a total of $7. Will never do that show again. I gave up doing a show that I have done twice this summer (with almost $200 in sales and only $15 booth fee each show) to do Saturday's show just because it was a friend organizing it. Never.again.

Husband and I are fighting... well, not really fighting. More like I'm hysterically amused at his current parenting predicament and he is butthurt because of my amusement. Well... what did he think would happen when he gave a 15 year old a convertible?? The kid got the car on Sunday. Broke the rules on Monday (he is not to be driving without a parent, even though he has a permit, he's not a good driver) and received a warning shot. Broke the rules on Tuesday and then admitted that if he hadn't gotten busted that he would have lied about it. The car is currently parked and locked and my husband has the keys so that the kid can admire the car that he can't drive. Husband was not amused by my amusement of the situation and told me to stop smirking. I told him that I guess instead of smirking I could tell him what a bad parent he is ... just like he did to me when I went through the same growing pains with my 16 year old and his first car. He didn't think that was an appropriate response either and stayed in his man cave all night. I'm still amused...

Well, I guess he didn't learn from your mistake. Sorry, turn about's fair play, right? He'll get over it. His pride's just hurt. He probably thought his kid was going to be different, or it wouldn't happen to him or some such. But it's really hard to be faced with the knowledge that you probably could have done something differently and had better results, while other people witness the debacle.

@earlene, "his kid is different" is exactly the reason. When we discussed the convertible, I was against it because even though it was a free car, it is a ridiculous car for a teenager. I reminded him of the struggles I had with Joe - and that was a 1989 Cutlass that we picked up for $150 - and Chris said that Kyle is 10x more responsible and honest than Joe. Now that statement has come back to haunt him because when Joe broke the rules he admitted to it and never tried to lie about it and took his punishment after his warning shot. I do have to wonder how many warning shots and punishments my husband is going to put up with before the car goes away.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I hope he doesn't lose faith in his son, but also hope he is able to face the reality of the situation in a positive way without becoming totally disheartened about the kid. After all, he plays a part in this, too. Sometimes giving a kid too much leeway and freedom before they are equipped to handle it is a hard lesson for a parent to learn. But it can also be hard on the kid because they aren't ready for that much responsibility.

Back