Quantcast

New Soaper Here to Say Hello!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

TeaLeavesandTweed

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Elizabeth, a new soaper about to begin her first batch this week. I love vintage crafts, especially homebrew and crochet, and I'm an amateur herbalist. My hope is to add soap to the list of things I can make for myself at home, controlling what I put into it. I have a lovely local source of tallow and lard, so no one will have to convince me to use those!

not_ally

Reaction score
Hey there! It is a good thing you mentioned the lard and tallow, otherwise you would have a bunch of us addicts beating you over the head about them :) Welcome, I think you will really like it here.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Lucky you to be able to get tallow and lard so easy! You are going to love them in soap. Welcome :)

Luckyone80

Reaction score
Welcome! You've come to the right place, everyone here is so nice and helpful if you ever have any questions.

TeaLeavesandTweed

Reaction score
not_ally and Seawolfe, I've lurked here long enough to encounter the dedicated animal fats people! I actually cook with lard and tallow, so I have it on hand. Thankfully, I have a source of rendered fat because Boyfriend has forbidden rendering while he's in the house (the smell).

Gigi and Lucky, thanks for the welcome!