New Soaper Here to Say Hello!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaLeavesandTweed

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Elizabeth, a new soaper about to begin her first batch this week. I love vintage crafts, especially homebrew and crochet, and I'm an amateur herbalist. My hope is to add soap to the list of things I can make for myself at home, controlling what I put into it. I have a lovely local source of tallow and lard, so no one will have to convince me to use those!

Hey there! It is a good thing you mentioned the lard and tallow, otherwise you would have a bunch of us addicts beating you over the head about them :) Welcome, I think you will really like it here.

Lucky you to be able to get tallow and lard so easy! You are going to love them in soap. Welcome :)

Welcome! You've come to the right place, everyone here is so nice and helpful if you ever have any questions.

not_ally and Seawolfe, I've lurked here long enough to encounter the dedicated animal fats people! I actually cook with lard and tallow, so I have it on hand. Thankfully, I have a source of rendered fat because Boyfriend has forbidden rendering while he's in the house (the smell).

Gigi and Lucky, thanks for the welcome!

Latest posts

Back