Naked soap comparision

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a proposition. For the next few weeks, each time you make a new batch of soap, before adding any colorant or fragrances (including TD), pour a small sample into a cup. Silicone muffin cups would be perfect. After it has cured for 6 weeks lets each post the following:

The basic recipe (e.g. Coconut % /Palm % / Lard % Castor % / etc.)
A photo of the dry cake
A photo of the bar and lather with a description of the hand feel

I totally stole this idea from EG's lather photo of this weekend. But we might learn something about getting whiter or better soap in the process. Is anybody game or is everyone's soaping pretty much shut down for the holidays?

We can just drop the photos on this thread.

I only color mine with infused oils or cocoa/coffee, so I am not going to be much help either. I also have about 30 lbs of soap sitting here curing for Christmas, so it may be a bit before I make more bar soap.

I'm about out of oils but I can probably pull together something. I do have a batch of castile made with pomace thats only a few days old, I can include it too.

EDIT: new idea, I'm going to make another castile with 100% EVOO so people can see what EV really does to the color.

Last edited:
I'm up for this. Got a few batches planned for the next few weeks. Do we post the pic of the bar first then the lather when it's cured or wait and post everything at once?

I think it would be interesting to see pics right after unmoldin and then again at 6 weeks, see if there is a color change with cure.

I'm going to be making some salt bars over the next couple of weeks. Maybe tweaking the recipe a bit. I'll join in with some of those. Can't say I've ever seen one without any coloring in it. haha

Latest posts

Back