My Label question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wasnt my original idea but my original idea didnt look good so I came up with this.

-CikwNtCjJ10M3pvpoHV_GCa_gwhV4ANVjVCBEZax08

Quoting to see the image

OMG, I love both houses with the CL on it. I and going to try to get it on my label.
You guy rock!!!!!!!
Than you so much!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I used the Galaxy/Stacy combo pic. I couldn't fit the bubbles on there but I love it. One more question. I made the little house pink,(little pink houses for you and me) and the background black.
Do you you guys prefer the white house, black lettering, or pink house, black lettering?
OH and I made the Artisan Homemade soap larger and a little lower as suggested. Sorry it is so blurry.

IMG_20151231_023444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I am just bumping this so I can ask if you like the black/pink house or should I stay with the black house on a white label?

The Black/with the Pink house. However if I trusted my own judgement I would have a horrid label. As you can see from the beginning. LOL
Yeah though, I like the little pink house, I can't use it with a white background because the letters do not show up good. So I think I (WE) have a winner.
Thanks EG, Galaxy, Susie, Stacy, CaraBou, and everyone that wrote on this thread. It took a village!

@Kchaystack-I am going to print out one page for each fragrance and then take it to our family monument business and make copies. So that will save me money on ink, hey what is family for if not to mooch off of? They get free soap.

Last edited:
Ok sorry I was out running around all day. If it's not too late I'll offer my 2 cents again (I must be up to at least a dollar by now!)

Although the black is nice, as kchaystack said, lots more ink. Sometimes I find that much ink on a page doesn't actually look good, but it depends on your printer.

I'm not sure this would be an issue, I have limited experience with labels directly on soap but personally I would be concerned with bleed through if there's any sweating on the soap at all. Not sure of your conditions or if it's a factor.

I am biased though, I like a good old fashioned white. I like the way it makes colors pop.

That being said, as TEG said, they are your labels and you should do what feels right to you! As for layout of the house I have a minor suggestion. I recreated your label but obviously I don't have your exact fonts. The ones I used are just what I have, I think yours are just fine! My suggestions is more about how you can lay out the house and company name... (also I like handmade vs homemade - it seems more polished but still lovingly crafted if that makes sense - again all personal taste and you should do what feels right to you!)

Dana89-label.jpg

WOW! That is great! you even got the bubbles in. Thank you so much!

That one has too many fonts. It ends up looking very...something... The message is getting lost in the artistic stuff. If you could reduce that to two or three fonts, max, that would be better.

I'm all for the little pink house. That is so adorable! Love it on the white background. Good job guys!

I really think Galaxy's house is perfect for the feel of it. It's soft and homey somehow :)

Susie is right about the fonts though. I'm happy to redo it for you in the fonts you used if you can give me the names! Or I'll just send you the elements and you can recreate it in your program.

It looks good except Artisan usually means made by hand, in small quantities. I think (that's my opinion) that you should chose one of the ; handmade, artisan, or homemade :)

I really like the white label with the pink house. The fonts are easy to read and its not cluttered looking. I see nothing wrong with artisan handmade label, makes it sound more artsy. I'd print one of those and see how it looks on a soap.

Pink and White it is. Thanks so much everyone.
I still stuck with no more than 2 fonts and pretty much took the advice and free graphics ( both of which I will be forever grateful for) of everyone.
Wow what a difference from the beginning to the end of this thread. The funny part is I thought I had a great label in the first pic,:oops: I just wanted to know if if I should keep or lose the raindrop.
Looking back at it, it looks like a huge mess, and it was. I am thrilled with this one. It is very clear I could not have done it without the SMF. Thanks all! I am so happy with it.

IMG_20160103_204922.jpg

Looks great Dana. This is the hardest part for me, labels and packaging!!

Back