Label issue - Avery 94220

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am super frustrated! I bought Avery labels 94220. I was excited to upgrade from hand writing to labels - supposed to make life easier, right? They are 1”x2”. I downloaded the template, formatted my labels, and happily printed.
So, the labels aren’t cut right or something. I can see from comparing the template to the layout that the third column isn’t spaced correctly from the middle column. So I adjust the template and print again. Solved? Nope! They seem to have a second imprint of cutout so they all peel off weird and in pieces. It’s a complete nightmare - I can’t even imagine with the name brand label. Instead of being fast and efficient, I had to cut the out and piece them together - ARGH!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I am super frustrated! I bought Avery labels 94220. I was excited to upgrade from hand writing to labels - supposed to make life easier, right? They are 1”x2”. I downloaded the template, formatted my labels, and happily printed.
So, the labels aren’t cut right or something. I can see from comparing the template to the layout that the third column isn’t spaced correctly from the middle column. So I adjust the template and print again. Solved? Nope! They seem to have a second imprint of cutout so they all peel off weird and in pieces. It’s a complete nightmare - I can’t even imagine with the name brand label. Instead of being fast and efficient, I had to cut the out and piece them together - ARGH!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
Call their customer service, the # is on the package. I had a similar sort of problem with an Avery product some years ago, and when I called them about it, they were super nice & apologized and made it right.

Maybe try using their built in printing feature? If you print yourself, you don't have to pay them anything. And you can upload the image of your label. I always do that and haven't had an issue with it as long as my printer is properly aligned as well.

Printing using the templates will have the outlines unless you delete them after arranging your labels. I use the template to make tiny labels for samples using the leftover "scrap" between the peeled out bits, but I remove the outlines before printing because it can get messy.

I know this is an older comment line but I wanted to share my experience on printing Avery and Online Labels. Using their “print it yourself” option gives me a pdf. When I click print it gives me my printer preview and the final print button. At the bottom of that print menu it says “more”. When I click on “More” I choose “actual size”. I think default is 100%. But choose “actual size”. If it’s on 100% the first row might line up but it will be off a lot by the last row.

Latest posts

Back