My Label question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more Time

OK, I have thought of a new name so no one will think my soap is named Money.lol It is still a personal name to me, it is the street I grew up on and have many happy memories, but it seems like a good soap name too.
No more than 2 Fonts.
Only 1 pic.
Simple.
I can print it on regular paper.
I can fold it on my soap so I don't need a seperate ingredients label.
Tell me what you think.
If this one is not ok I am hiring someone.

CAM00370.jpg

CAM00373 (1).jpg

IMG_20151229_135143.jpg

I like the house idea becasue I associate "soap" with home made and "homemade" with houses. However, I do agree that the for sale sign in front of the house in the label is a bit strange.

I like the name a lot better! The whole label itself if much easier to read too! I'd bring some color in there if you can. I originally wanted to avoid color in mine but I had to end up adding it in becasue it really does make a difference. I think maybe a blue house with a little red or green birdie or something like that could make a nice home-y type logo for a soap maker.

Eta: I really do like this label. It has all the components of a good label and it means something to you. That's extremely important.

I have an idea to incorporate your initials C and L into a house shape. I'll see if I can work with paint or another software tomorrow to turn my plan into something concrete. I hope you don't mind. What I'm planning will be black and white too so if you wanted to keep that you can. :)

Last edited:
I must be looking at it differently, I don't see that the house is for sale. That is ironic because I am putting my house up for sale tomorrow.
My dad has parkinson's and it is getting bad, physically he is fine but he has full blown visual hallucinations, he sees people sitting in his living room all the time so he can no longer drive and I need to live within 5 minutes of him, he may be moving in with me as soon as I get there.
Sorry about that, ok I will look for a house that is not for sale lol! Yeah it is meant to be like HOMEMADE.

ETA- oh I saw that as a window! I see it now. Sorry maybe it was my subconscience.

Last edited:
This is why feedback is good right.

I like the house as well. The name is very nice.

I have an idea to incorporate your initials C and L into a house shape. I'll see if I can work with paint or another software tomorrow to turn my plan into something concrete. I hope you don't mind. What I'm planning will be black and white too so if you wanted to keep that you can. :)

Galaxy that is super kind of you sure, im mean please!!??

I saw the for sale sign too and think that can easily be changed. I would consider increasing the Artisan Handmade Soap font size a touch and pulling it down off the edge of the label. Its position makes it look like an afterthought or almost unimportant. Otherwise, I like it. Nice and clean and easy to read.

LOL, yep saw the 4-sale sign. Your label is looking much better, but then I was told ours is ugly... :-(. Do not forget to put your Name/number or distributed by info on the back. Purchasers need to know whom to contact if there is a problem

Personally Dana that house is too realtor oriented.If you want a house perhaps a simple outline of a roof.....mind you, it is Cindy Lane soaps so how's about a windy street ,mailboxes and trees and kids on bikes...something 1950s oriented always harkens to a simpler era...just my 2 cents...

I think your label looks great, but I agree with the house issues others have pointed out.

If you like the house, I did up a couple of quick edits to get rid of the sign.

Use them if you don't come up with something you like more, or let me know if there's something else you'd like better and I can take a stab at it.

house.jpg

house-window.jpg

house-heart.jpg

house-CL.jpg

Oh I quite like the bottom left one with the initials! I like the idea of a house on a label for soap - to me it speaks of home, household, home made...

Can you all not see my picture? I could see it at work but now I can't see it...

I added it here again. I tend to have bad luck uploading things at work...

f4fab66ef655573365c340bc372fbef6.jpg

I like Stacy's last one better than this though so...

(I fixed name spelling)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back