Labeling?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToniD

Reaction score
I made a soap cake to donate to an auction. On the cake will be a cp "icing" a MP icing, and finally a ring of cp heart shaped soaps around the bottom.

Do I list each element separately on the ingredient labels?

ie The cake consists of:

The chocolate icing consists of: and so on.

Or do I just list as a whole?

The three cp recipes, while different, employ the same oils

Well you cannot just list your ingredients in order of % since you don't actually have that info for your MP soap (I'm assuming).

The proper way to list the ingredients is that you list the ing. for the portions you made from scratch in order of %. Then insert into that list, where it belongs %-wise) Soap Base (with the ingredients list from that in parens).

So maybe something like:

Coconut Oil, Safflower Oil, Water, Soap base (ingredient 1, ingredient 2, ingredient 2, color, etc.), Sodium Hydroxide, Cocoa Butter, Fragrance, Colorant (use the INCI for your color).

Read some food labels and see more examples.

Thanks,

Can you send a link for a good list of INCI names, please?

I googled and looked at several lists but had some problems.

Cocoa powder, which is my colorant, is not listed on the lists I looked at.--does that mean I just say "Cocoa powder" ?

Also there was a discrepancy in the names for cream and milk in the lists I looked at.

Carebear, that is a good point about the M&P, you wouldn't know what percentage of ingredients to list in relation to the other ingredients.
Toni D, what are the discrepancies, milk is listed as milk and cream as cream at both of the sites I listed.

Oh, so sorry, lsg! I didn't notice that you had sent me what I needed before I even asked. I read both the posts and then did a google search for INCI names and forgot to go back and see what links you sent me. :oops: :oops: Dumb of me. Sorry for missing that, and thanks for the information!!

The discrepancies were not in the lists you sent me, but in ones I found in my google search.

Back