Ciaglia Method

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First time using this technique of “rebatching” scraps

Attachments

• 56B4C9B8-BD83-488A-A8EE-E7D9906CB5A8.jpeg
    56B4C9B8-BD83-488A-A8EE-E7D9906CB5A8.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
So my first google search on Ciaglia Method brought up Percutaneous Tracheostomy LOL.

I further refined my search to include soap making. I am still not finding any great results. I did get a hit from smf, but it wasn't specifically named this method.

Would you be so kind and post where you found your technique? I am truly in love with that soap of yours there, and I have a few (a lot) that could benefit from rebatching, which I never have done before either.

So my first google search on Ciaglia Method brought up Percutaneous Tracheostomy LOL.

I further refined my search to include soap making. I am still not finding any great results. I did get a hit from smf, but it wasn't specifically named this method.

Would you be so kind and post where you found your technique? I am truly in love with that soap of yours there, and I have a few (a lot) that could benefit from rebatching, which I never have done before either.
Thank you! It was easy peasy. Here’s a video

Me too!

Hey @Jersey Girl did you use monochromatic shreds or just random? I don't separate mine out so I have a big jar of random to use :)
Most of my shreds were light colored. A lot of tan, yellow, light green. There weren’t many bright colors so although not separated out, they were primarily similar light shades. I just recently decided to start separating them out so I can have more control of color in confetti soaps. I think it’s gonna take a while though to collect enough of separate colors.

Did any of you have a problem recognizing trace as she seemed to have in the video?
None whatsoever. I actually didn’t get why she was so wigged out about that in the video. I poured at what I would describe as a “heavy“ medium trace . I stick blended it more than I normally would based on her concern but it wasn’t as thick as she brought hers to in the video. For a minute I wondered if I was doing something wrong as it didn’t take very long but it looked good to me so in the mold it went.

None whatsoever. I actually didn’t get why she was so wigged out about that in the video. I poured at what I would describe as a “heavy“ medium trace . I stick blended it more than I normally would based on her concern but it wasn’t as thick as she brought hers to in the video. For a minute I wondered if I was doing something wrong as it didn’t take very long but it looked good to me so in the mold it went.

I actually had to stop watching it. I found myself yelling at the computer "It's traced already!!! Pour it!"

The recipe used in the video was mostly liquid oils. I used my regular recipe and my batter got thick much more quickly. She mentioned that she was making this for the Soap Challenge Club. I can share that in the tutorial, Amy Warden had batter that thickened quickly as well and it looked like it was at a medium trace, but wasn't. She didn't notice when the oils started separating after she had poured the batter into the mold. I'm sure that is why she was so cautious about making sure her batter was stable.

i tried out this technique earlier this year to handle a big pile of scraps i had . loved the end results , both the lather and the speckle look of the soap , safe to say i plan to make it a regular "go to" a couple times a year to keep the scraps under control .

Back