An Amazing Acrylic Soap Beveler

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On another note, I just saw the WP version on Etsy. It says there are two available and it's in five people's carts right now. How many of those are people who read this thread, hmmm? 😁

@AliOop too late, I purchased Wild Plantanica's beveler!

The high price of the Yvonne beveler made my brain think that the WP beveler was a steal, especially since it was on sale!! Can you say Sucker?!?! I've read about this pricing strategy before and should have controlled myself. Something to remember when pricing soap :)

I’m always in envy of the molds and tools I see in her videos, as well as her soap making skills!

Wild Plantanica offers a more economical version of a soap router/beveler, here.
I've been looking at Wild Platanica's Beveler. Do you by chance have one? If so, do you like it? It's actually in my cart now with some other stuff... lol! So I guess i'll see how it works soon!

What's the little cost of shipping when you want something. 😂😂😂 I pay $70 to have a new little Gecko shipped. I am guessing you will love it. Besides our soaping equipment is not going to compare with fishing equipment even Bass fishing I would think. You are going to love it.

LOL...Bass as in musical instruments, not bass as in fish.

I love that... especially for the round soaps which are so hard to do anything with. I couldn't possibly justifyy that cost but boy do I want it!

I love round soaps, but as you noted, it's hard to get a nice edge to them unless you are going with cavity molds. If I was just a hobby soap maker...no I wouldn't be buying it. In fact, I wouldn't have soap cutter or three-quarters of the crap that I do, but I'm wanting to make a successful business out of this and hopefully retire from my day job in another seven years and do this full-time. And if it doesn't work out...I know from the amount of stuff I have purchased from other soap makers...that I can see the majority of it and just make soap for home (and my BIL).

I've had the beveler from Wild Plantanica on my wish list for awhile and have been feeling that it's extravagant for a hobby soaper. Now I want the Yvonne one.

Conversation with myself: what you have is fine
...but, but, but - it's not fancy...I need fancy
Just out of curiosity, I priced it with the FedEx delivery estimator and currency exchange rate. For me, in my location, it would cost about $300 US to purchase and have delivered. Rather pricey.

I really do like the Kakum Japanese Round Molding Wooden Plane from Lee Valley that @IrishLass turned me on to for beveling. I thought it was pricey at the time, but in the overall scheme of things, it has been are really nice tool. Even if it isn't designed for soap or to do the perfect round soap beveling, with a steady hand, I it works fine.

full

And costwise, the Wild Plantanica beveler (router as it's called there) is about the same price, once I bought the extra blade & paid shipping. So if I had it to do over again, I'd probably go for the one at Wild Plantanica and order some pull-through tools at the same time. What I don't get is why their is no option to create an account on that site. The video on the Wild Plantanica Facebook page that shows it being used to bevel a round soap looks pretty good. So for the current price, I'd say it's good bargain. You get multiple bevel design options in one tool and it's on discount right now. But they are now out of stock, so I suspect the price will go back up again.

Maybe one day Yvonne will sell her Fancy Acrylic Beveler on Amazon and that might decrease the shipping costs at least.

I've been looking at Wild Platanica's Beveler. Do you by chance have one? If so, do you like it? It's actually in my cart now with some other stuff... lol! So I guess i'll see how it works soon!

Were you able to get one? The Etsy site says 5 people have it in the cart, but only one is left. His website says "Sold Out." Because I'm a sucker for good enablers (you know who you are), one is winging its way to me. Well, at least the shipping label has been created......it may not start it's journey until next week.

ETA--it is supposed to be here Tuesday!

Last edited:
Were you able to get one? The Etsy site says 5 people have it in the cart, but only one is left. His website says "Sold Out." Because I'm a sucker for good enablers (you know who you are), one is winging its way to me. Well, at least the shipping label has been created......it may not start it's journey until next week.

ETA--it is supposed to be here Tuesday!
I ordered a ton of crap from the website, not Esty. So the website just says they are made to order or something like that. So not sure when I get mine, I'm in no hurry I can't make soap for bit anyways.... I've ran out of space to cure soap. But I was able to order one, plus the square pull through plates, some other pretty round pull throughs and some extra bars.... :oops::rolleyes:

I can't make soap for bit anyways.... I've ran out of space to cure soap.
Time to donate! Find a non-profit near you: homeless shelter, women's shelter, or even one that has a thrift store where they can sell the soap. They get something they need, and you get a tax write-off AND more room on your curing racks. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing it feels each time I give a huge box of soaps to the local shelter. They look at me like it's Christmas, all the while I'm thinking, "You have no idea what a favor you are doing for me." :dance:

Time to donate! Find a non-profit near you: homeless shelter, women's shelter, or even one that has a thrift store where they can sell the soap. They get something they need, and you get a tax write-off AND more room on your curing racks. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing it feels each time I give a huge box of soaps to the local shelter. They look at me like it's Christmas, all the while I'm thinking, "You have no idea what a favor you are doing for me." :dance:
I've cleaned out my soap closet 3 times so far and donated to a shelter near by and it is a good feeling. It is about time to go through my soaps again and get a box together. I'm actually waiting until I finish making my homemade curing rack so I'll have 7 more racks to fill!!! But also, I'm waiting to see what next month's challenge is and how many attempts I think it will take me to get it right!!! April's Challenge clogged up my curing closet!! That darn lollipop swirl!

Maybe one day Yvonne will sell her Fancy Acrylic Beveler on Amazon and that might decrease the shipping costs at least.

She does mention that the pandemic has made shipping expensive. It could be that I'm on the West Coast with major shipping ports that keep the costs down for me. I don't know...just guessing.

I can't make soap for bit anyways.... I've ran out of space to cure soap.

Agree with @AliOop, it's what I do and it's a write-off for my business. I have two places that I donate to; local homeless shelter and food bank (local church). For the homeless shelter, I take the soap and cut it in half. Half that goes into a box and the other half goes into Dollar Store storage baggies with bulk washcloths I get from WalMart. The shelter has a list of ingredients along with my contact information. The other bars get wrapped in wax/parchment paper with basic labels...name of the soap and ingredients; if there is a problem or folks want additional information, the church has my contact information.

Latest posts

Back