An Amazing Acrylic Soap Beveler

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered mine on the WP website. It shipped yesterday!! Maybe @Mobjack Bay should get an affiliate discount :)

Can you donate soap if you're not a legitimate business? I've often wondered because I am only making soap for personal use.
I don't have a soap business and I donate all the time. And they are thrilled to get it! But I also live in a very unregulated state, and the answer may be very state- or country-specific. Best to check with your local regulators.

Were you able to get one? The Etsy site says 5 people have it in the cart, but only one is left. His website says "Sold Out." Because I'm a sucker for good enablers (you know who you are), one is winging its way to me. Well, at least the shipping label has been created......it may not start it's journey until next week.

ETA--it is supposed to be here Tuesday!
I have a WP beveler in the cart, ready to press Purchase, but before I do that... can you use this with MP soap?

I don't know. A lot of the wire cutters say not to use with M&P, but I don't know about this. But when I do M&P these days, I use individual molds. I don't think I would bevel M&P because there are so many molds for individual bars that look so nice, and more detailed than I could ever get with CP.

@violets2217 I was thinking the same thing!

Those of you who have ordered these bevelers, please post videos, or at least reviews that describe how well they work for you. I've tried a variety of planers, and they all work to some extent, but I am not crazy about any of them so far. It isn't the fault of the planers; I just don't have a steady hand, and that includes the amount of pressure applied in any direction. I need something that pretty much removes my lack of fine motor skills from the equation.

Those of you who have ordered these bevelers, please post videos, or at least reviews that describe how well they work for you. I've tried a variety of planers, and they all work to some extent, but I am not crazy about any of them so far. It isn't the fault of the planers; I just don't have a steady hand, and that includes the amount of pressure applied in any direction. I need something that pretty much removes my lack of fine motor skills from the equation.

Veritas - Cornering Tool Set

I so forget who mentioned/linked these tools, but they have replace my favorite veggie peeler. I love that they give an even bevel on any size/shape of soap. and they are easy to hold for me. With my round soap I rotate the bar of soap and hold the beveller as steady as I can. And it is a very clean bevel- even at the start and finish point. I can go over the same pull to clean up my shakiness and it never seems to take more than needed. And my rectangle soap, it's just a quick swipe down the sides & corners. I also love it comes with different sizes to create a more dramatic bevel.

Veritas - Cornering Tool Set

I so forget who mentioned/linked these tools, but they have replace my favorite veggie peeler. I love that they give an even bevel on any size/shape of soap. and they are easy to hold for me. With my round soap I rotate the bar of soap and hold the beveller as steady as I can. And it is a very clean bevel- even at the start and finish point. I can go over the same pull to clean up my shakiness and it never seems to take more than needed. And my rectangle soap, it's just a quick swipe down the sides & corners. I also love it comes with different sizes to create a more dramatic bevel.
I previously ordered the planer recommended by IL from that same shop. I just could not get it to work for me, no matter how I adjusted the blade, adjusted the soap, changed the pressure, etc.

So, in an unusual reversal of the typical order of things, it moved from my soap cabinets to my husband's workbench. 🤣

I previously ordered the planer recommended by IL from that same shop. I just could not get it to work for me, no matter how I adjusted the blade, adjusted the soap, changed the pressure, etc.

So, in an unusual reversal of the typical order of things, it moved from my soap cabinets to my husband's workbench. 🤣

I'll bet he was thrilled that he got such a great tool. When I told my husband that I wanted a Japanese Round Wood Chamfer Plane, he was really quite surprised. He doesn't do much woodwork, but he loves tools.

OK, it came today. :hippo: It's pretty cool, even hubby was impressed. The first soap I tried was too soft (I made it in February, and it was a problem child since birth) and I had already did a basic corner bevel, so that was a failure. I tried with a harder, square edged soap, and it was awesome. The swirl wasn't right for the the bevel, so no pic for now. Hubby said he was glad I got it (poor man gives away my soap to anyone he can), and I'm looking forward to trying other designs on other soaps.

Things I learned:

• Soap must be hard.
  • Think about your design with regard to beveling.
  • I have no idea how to bevel a soap without a straight edge. If anyone uses this for round soaps, I am in awe of your talent. 🙂

OK, it came today. :hippo: It's pretty cool, even hubby was impressed. The first soap I tried was too soft (I made it in February, and it was a problem child since birth) and I had already did a basic corner bevel, so that was a failure. I tried with a harder, square edged soap, and it was awesome. The swirl wasn't right for the the bevel, so no pic for now. Hubby said he was glad I got it (poor man gives away my soap to anyone he can), and I'm looking forward to trying other designs on other soaps.

Things I learned:

• Soap must be hard.
  • Think about your design with regard to beveling.
  • I have no idea how to bevel a soap without a straight edge. If anyone uses this for round soaps, I am in awe of your talent. 🙂

I got mine today before I left for work.. I tried 3 different bevels. Pictures poste here! It was pretty cool. I'm going to try some round soaps tomorrow. I can't wait. I'm kinda mad it's sitting on my table at home while I'm at work not able to play with it! :p:D:rolleyes:

ETA: I just need to remember no to fill my T&S molds all the way to the top. My T&S soaps are 1/4 and inch too tall for the router!

Thought I would share the website of the new Beveler that I am purchasing this next month (it’s been ordered, just have to pay for it).

I found it thru Yvonne, a soap maker on YouTube. It comes with 12 metal blades and 12 acrylic blades and bevels square, rectangle and round soaps.

It’s an investment. $185.00 for the Beveler and about another $90.00 for shipping (your mileage may very...it ships from Taiwan).

Anyhoo...I just wanted to share because I can’t bevel worth squat!

I know this was post last May, but I went to the website and can't find a place to email Yvonne. I'd like to order the acrylic soap beveller. Could you post the address?

Latest posts

Back