Soap Molds!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseCreek

Reaction score
So, I have a few dollars and would like to invest in some better soaping equipment. Looking for around 5lb log molds. Open to material suggestions. I'm considering the Vicki mold from Kelsie Creations. I like the option to make 1, 2, or 3 logs, or to use it as a slab if I want. I also like the HDPE I think.
Also looking at the various folks that make the sets that have a couple HDPE molds and a cutter with them. I want no less than 5 ounce bars, and am not married to any particular bar size. Anything from square to rectangle is fine. I have other option for the few round bars I make. I also want a cutter as the one I have now suffices, but it's not real whoopie, lol. I would like to look at something with a wire cutter if possible. If not, the scraper/blade is acceptable, lol. If you guys have any suggestions, that would be great. If you were to go back and invest a few dollars on a piece of equipment, what would it be? Thanks!

Hi Rachel -

I have some excellent HDPE molds from Mr Do Right on Ebay, they have everything from 2 lb molds up to 5 lb ones, slab and log types. including cutters. I love them and wouldn't use anything else

Do you guys line your HDPE molds or are you able to get away without doing that?

I had the HDPE molds and hated them. They just weren't for me. I now use wood molds lined with silicone and LOVE them. No lining, so sticking mess, no gel issues.

As for cutter, I have a cutter from Bud on Etsy. LOVE it :)

Back