What kind of wax do you usually prefer to work with?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of wax do you usually prefer to work with?

• Total voters
Do you still need insurance if you only make melts and wickless? I am in the same boat....

If you sell anything (soap, candles, melts, clothes, toys, etc.) you really should get insurance. It's not only to help you if something happens and someone gets harmed, but it goes to help pay for that injured customers medical bills if they get hurt.

Also, I'd check to make sure that making candles/melts won't affect your homeowners insurance.

I started out making paraffin container candles. Then switched to soy. Then parasoy. Then I tried container palm and was hooked. Best of paraffin and soy put together in one wax. Throws like the dickens, develops gorgeous crystal patterns, and the jars are soot free even to the end of the jar.

I like paraffin best but not so much because I prefer the wax so much as I think making pillar candles is a lot more fun (and allows a lot more creativity) than container wax. And waxes that work well in containers don't usually work well in molds. Yes you can blend some but generally speaking, it's paraffin that makes traditional big beautiful candles of a large variety of colors.

For health reasons, I wish it didn't have to be paraffin! But hey - better than whale oil!

Paraffin-My favorite candles are pillars and so far none of the soy waxes work the way that I want them to when making pillars.

Attachments

• teal and moss marble-4.jpg
    teal and moss marble-4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back