Wax mix: what would you choose without using either palm nor soy ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CecileBC

Reaction score
Hi all !

I have been starting making soap and candles. In the process of testing recipes so far.
I do not want to use palm wax or oil, nor soy (I live in France, and would like to source my waxes and oils nearby and not overseas....)

So I have tried sunflower wax, canola wax and even olive wax. Scent is a fragrance from a reputable supplier (8%).
However, none of those tests have been fully successful.

The sunflower candle is hard, has a yellow tint, and burns correctly. However, when cooled, it leaves wrinkles on the surface.
1681642821336.png

The canola candle burns a little too quickly and does not seem to retain the scent as well - holes when cooled
1681642888577.png

The sunflower (35%)+ canola (55%) + stearin (10%) has a wrinkled texture) when cooled. I have not tried burning it yet
1681643327997.jpeg

The sunflower (55%) + canola ( 35%) + stearin (10%) is fine in its texture (smooth surface), but the colour is not uniform (yellowish parts here and there).
1681643352341.jpeg

So I turn to you with much despair, but with hope: has anyone been successful with these waxes or combination of waxes ?
Thanks so much !
Cécile.

Latest posts

Back