Not really candles, but.... faux candles?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally melted down some candles that were supposed to be navy (but were bright blue), with some other candles that were supposed to be white (but were light yellow). My old InstantPot worked perfectly for melting everything together. I did have to be super careful about decanting from the big stainless liner into two smaller pouring containers. Fortunately no hot wax burns occurred, only a bunch of small spattered wax drops to clean up. Candle-making is messy stuff!

I poured the melted wax into my tall PVC cylinder molds that were lined with oven liner. It looks like a bit seeped through the seams, but not too badly. These new "candles" have no wicks, because they are meant to be decorative only, not for burning.

Besides fixing both color mis-matches, the other bonus was taming down the scent. The supposed-to-be-white ones were so heavily scented that I could not keep them inside the house; they were relegated out to the back porch, where they were getting dirty and a bit melty in the heat. My hope is that by re-heating them and mixing them with 2x as much unscented wax (the supposed-to-be navy ones), the final scent load will be tolerable. If not, my friend will be getting some tall, pretty, light-ocean-blue faux candles that match her decor very nicely. ;)

Last edited:
Hi there, AliOop - I'm curious if the scent did end up being tamed this way, or if it ended up too mild? I recently had a batch come out a bit stronger than I typically like, and I'm debating between doing what you did or trying to blend it with more wax, but I don't want to completely lose the fragrance.

Hi there! Yes, the scent toned down considerably. It was still too strong for me, but I'm super sensitive to fragrances. Maybe give it a try and see what you think?

Latest posts

Back