what are you doing right now ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Kelowna just last weekend! We recently moved to 108 Mile Ranch, from S Delta.. love it up here!!!
I've been there! We had friends who lived there and dropped in to see them on our way to Prince George. That's a few years ago, though. I don't think they're there anymore.

Too bad I didn't know you were in town; we could have met for coffee or something.

S. Delta? Wow! I'm originally from Abbotsford, lived there for over 35 years.

Watching the fires on tv right now. Calif is burning up again :(

I know, I am so sorry. I was telling my husband we should retire to Vermont. It's high on the list of states we love, progressive and they don't get wildfires like California. Maybe I could convince my eldest to move there, too. I fear him living in fire zones for the rest of his life. But only if we lived there, too. He'd probably need help with a move such as that. But he's now finally totally independent of me, so I should probably leave well enough alone, right?

Relaxing and keeping an eye on a batch of soap I made. I've been out of the loop and I realized I need to replace my spatulas, amongst other things.

Just got home from my last craft show of the year, getting into my jammies, and trying to keep warm since it's been bitter cold and snowing all day.

I had the best Saturday I've ever had at a show, but the worst Sunday I've ever had, so ended up with just an average show this weekend,

I'm relaxing with a glass of wine after a productive day. I made two batches of bubble scoops for the Christmas markets, made labels for the soaps that still need labels, figured out what I'll be doing with my table, and stitching up 12 handknit face/spa cloths. I also spent some time organizing my spare room, which has become my soaping storage room, because my grandson will be staying here for a week while his Mom and her guy are in Mexico. That's a work in progress... a little every day. I also made a Brown Butter Roasted Banana bread (so good!).

Relaxing before going to bed. Have to get up at 4:45 for work. Cleaned out my pantry and all the drawers in the kitchen. Made breakfast and dinner. Had DD and grandkids over, got all the laundry done, changed the sheets, washed all the blankets. I’m exhausted. Didn’t get any soap made though.

Sitting in the local pub with a cold beer, writing my diary and reading this. Toying with trying the goats milk base I got with Dragons blood . If I am doing soap for xmas presents I need to start soon, got a lot of people to make it for and I need a bar for myself
Sitting on the side of the bed in the dark reading this. I have so much work to do but what I want to do is bathe the dog and make a new Soap. I have blackberry vanilla fragrance. It’s 3:53 am

Smoking... Bad I know but it's hard to stop :(

I feel your pain. I smoked for 20 years (I started at age 15...) and quit cold turkey for 5 years. Last year I broke under the stress of my grandma dying, moving, getting married, adjusting to step-mom life... and started again. I got really sick at the beginning of October and didn't smoke for two weeks, so as long as I already wasn't I decided it was a good time to quit again. But man... it's been tough. I put gas in the car this morning and had to talk myself out of going in and buying a pack.

Feeling sorry for myself. Depression. Plus two deaths in the family. Don't want to go to two funerals/services. But plan on going to my Uncle Buck's service anyway. Then I'll spend a few days with my son, DIL & granddaughter if they'll have me. Of course they will; they have never turned me away. I think by the time I have spent some time with my granddaughter, I will feel much better. Then comes Christmas.

Just got home from grocery shopping. Sitting on the couch enjoying a candle and watching Cheers with my boyfriend who took the day off work. I think pizza is in order for lunch. I really love my day off :) Too many soap dishes to make soap today, probably...and I'm enjoying this doing nothing far too much to do dishes.

Trying to convince my husband to get a hearing test before he changes our insurance plan. Right now hearing aides are covered and if he needs them, it would be good to get them while insurance pays a part. But he's being belligerent about the co-pay costs. So I don't know if he's going to keep the appointment I just made for him. I should get new hearing aids myself since the new insurance wouldn't go into effect until the first of the year. The new insurance plan won't cover hearing aids, but it will cost us a lot less and our co-pays for doctor visits will actually go down to $10 for the first 10 visits per year. Neither of us visits a doctor more than 10 times per year, usually, so the savings will be welcome.

In any case, I am not cancelling the appointment as he may stop feeling belligerent in the next week, and I expect he may conclude it is worth while to keep the appointment. Of course he believes his hearing is perfectly fine, but I'm not sure that's true. My hearing isn't so I can't be sure if he hears everything as normal or not, but I am confident it isn't as bad as mine. Still that doesn't mean he shouldn't have it checked. When he doesn't answer me, is it because he's being an obstinate husband or because he doesn't hear well? We have got into more than one argument because I can't always hear him and it irritates him so much he just picks a fight. But I don't know if his hearing is actually impaired or not.

But I don't know if his hearing is actually impaired or not.

@earlene I don't mean to make light of the situation, because really I do know the struggle. I have diminished hearing in one ear due to an accident 17 years ago. My husband and I were friends/co-workers when this accident happened, but somehow he still forgets. When we first got married my husband and I fought frequently about "not telling him things" when I had very clear memories of telling him. I was questioning his hearing as well as my own. Turns out my husband is hearing impaired: He has a condition called "deaf when wife speaks" :D I hope that you do get him to that appointment! Good luck my dear!

Feeling sorry for myself. Depression. Plus two deaths in the family. Don't want to go to two funerals/services. But plan on going to my Uncle Buck's service anyway. Then I'll spend a few days with my son, DIL & granddaughter if they'll have me. Of course they will; they have never turned me away. I think by the time I have spent some time with my granddaughter, I will feel much better. Then comes Christmas.

Well I felt badly that none of my brothers was going to be at our step-mother's funeral, so with my husband's help we book me a flight and I'll be going after all. I'll be leaving on Thursday and returning home the following Thursday (Thanksgiving day.) Maybe I can see my grandson while there, if his moms haven't already made other plans for the week. We shall see.

Anyway, now my cell phone isn't working properly. I can answer but not hear anything. It's happened a bunch of times today. It only works properly once after I turn it off and back on again. I don't have time to get it replaced before I leave, so I don't know how my communication while on this trip is going to go. Not so well, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back