what are you doing right now ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching CalFire helicopters go back and forth over my brothers house carrying water to put out a fire a mile and a half away from us in the Santa Cruz mountains. They've brought Water tanker planes from o the jurisdictions as well. It started out as a structure fire and has spread to the vegetation. My SIL & I were gathering persimmons from their tree before that all started haopening, and before that Fed the ducks & chickens. Now I'm concerned since I'll be staying here this week mostly alone. We will know more as the day progresses, and if there is danger the Fire Dept will notify us.

Wishing my HR meeting would have been earlier in the morning or scheduled at some other time. If it were, I would not be here at work, waiting for the day to end and counting down the minutes (still an hour and a half before the meeting and 2.5 hours before I can leave!)

I just hope they are bringing me good news to where I'll be happy instead of mediocre news where I'll still be frustrated. :/

Still trying to get "who's bringing what" to Thanksgiving sorted out. One sister is insistent that she needs to bring a ham or turkey - I told her not to worry about it, Chris is cooking the turkey this year so it won't be dry. So now she still wants to bring a ham. Just bring the dang corn like I asked you to!

Enjoying a smoothie made from my garden greens and frozen fruit. Just before that, I removed my fingernail polish strips with my homemade nail polish remover that I mentioned earlier today, and then gave my nails and cuticles a manicure.

shrink wrapping 100 soap wood soap decks. After that I will be filling and labeling lotions, fixing a couple of sugar scrubs. Time is not in my favor because I still have a tremendous amount of packaging and labeling before my Craft Fair starting Friday after Thanksgiving. I lose a lot of time running home to print and fixing 3 meals a day for the parents. Tonight they get fast food hamburgers. That I never do when I am here. Did get my lotion shave soap packaged today.

IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG

Finished two birthday cakes for my grandkids birthday party tomorrow.

The fire is 60% contained according the CDF last I checked. I can still smell and see the smoke from the deck, but it's not as bad as yesterday. My brother's house is not in jeopardy, as far as we were able to determine. Since they just lost a house in the Paradise fire (Camp Fire as it's called by the CDF and on the news), I am pretty sure they would have done a lot more than just adhere to their plans to drive to Colorado for Thanksgiving without taking precautions with this house and the animals before taking off. Me being here, notwithstanding.

What I'm doing right now is laundry. I moved down to my brother's room from the upstairs office roll-a-way bed and felt I should wash the sheets and so forth. And I boiled some chicken eggs to make egg salad later. I am contemplating what next. I need to shop a bit. I want my kind of mayonnaise, some veggie bacon, some arugula and some bread. Plus I forgot my computer mouse, so plan to buy a replacement, which I was going to do anyway, and just had not got around to yet. And I want to mail a package to another brothers, so the USPS is on the agenda as well. Tonight I meet up with my grandson and his two moms for dinner. Over all today is rather laid back.

Since I will be here alone though Wednesday, I may just make soap. I'd have to buy all the ingredients, though. I'll check the hardware store in town. If they have lye, I'll go for it. If not, then that's off the table.

Still trying to get "who's bringing what" to Thanksgiving sorted out. One sister is insistent that she needs to bring a ham or turkey - I told her not to worry about it, Chris is cooking the turkey this year so it won't be dry. So now she still wants to bring a ham. Just bring the dang corn like I asked you to!
Lol! My sister can't cook and she knows this. So every time there's a family get together, she's in charge of bringing things like paper plates, napkins, paper cups, salad, soda pop, etc. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Trying to get used to a new email tracking system that went live today and is really more of a PITA than it's worth until all the kinks get worked out. Bleh

Back