what are you doing right now ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took myself out for sushi. Now, it's time to clean up the kitchen (after making a batch of soap and a batch of foaming soap batter) and make a batch of bath bombs. John's boss is in town and she wants 36 bath bombs to take home. I have 36 but not many more.
Gotta ask what is foaming soap batter? Maybe I am just being a dummy today.
Getting ready to make a few more batches of soap tonight. All molds are lined but I doubt they will all get filled

Gotcha. I gave up on those since I cannot sell any scrubs to speak of. I went back to using my Cream Soap base formula
I've given out a few samples to friends and family; so far, the response has been very positive. My daughter even said the sample I gave her rivals her fave, my salt soap bars. I figure I'll give it a try for my Christmas markets to see what kind of response I get.

I made a HP with coconut milk,full olive oil, honey for bubbles and paprikapowder for color
And now I just smelled up the place
Smells like ..not really burned,like a cookie or something
Hope I didn't scorched something
It also looks terrible because I wasn't paying attention...
Gonna watch some YouTube now

Last edited:
Got home from picking up 25 lbs of shea butter and 5 lbs of ABS soap, transferred the shea to it's pail,. I am cooking dinner now then will cut the ABS soap and masterbatch NaOH and KOH so I am ready to soap tomorrow. Hopefully I am masterbatching NaOH, I am afraid to look in the pail since I know I am really low.

Well I definitely middle-aged, but perhaps not as old as you'd think. I'm family with old radio because of living in the country as a kid often without a working tv. An AM radio station used to play old programs at night that my sis and I would listen to.
haha, I am 50 and growing up we had a house in VT, no tv and some radio. So I would be in the same boat ;) I miss those days. We would drink Hot tea (in cold weather) and listen to Radio and play board games.... Life, Monopoly, cards, yatsee, backgammon --- Who plays Backgammon any more ??

I am having coffee, waiting on DD so I can drop her off to school........ then I need to bevel, label and move Soap to boxes for this weekend..... there are like 45 boxes, with 16 bars in each (well about 80% have that many). Someone was giving away USPS boxes on Craigs list. Poor guy, had the ad up for about a Month so I said I could take them. Turns out they are Perfect and hold 22 of my bars. Here are some of them, 12 are already full.

Attachments

• 20181016_065549[1].jpg
    20181016_065549[1].jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I"m wondering why I came to work. LOL I was not feeling well yesterday afternoon/evening and even emailed my boss (he's in Singapore and we were supposed to have a vc meeting last night at 7 that got all messed up) anyway, this morning I woke up late, and thought long and hard about it, decided to come to work, and now I'm wondering why I'm here. LOL I still don't feel 100%, and it's a slow day, but I rode the bus, so I'm basically stuck here until my normal quitting time. {sarcastic thumbs up} haha

Heading out to pick up a bag of lye and some packaging supplies. I am a little ticked today that my $47 50lb bag went up to $62.50. That is a big increase and I am going to talk to them and see if I can get a better price with 100 lbs

Waiting (somewhat) patiently for my PKO to get here so I can experiment with my salt bar recipe. I've seen people on here try it with 100% PKO and they got very little lather so I'm gonna do 50% CO still and sub just 35% of it out for PKO. I've heard PKO is a little gentler so I'm hoping I can cut my SF back to 15%. Tomorrow I've got some new FOs coming because I'm out of control!!!!!!!!!

I'm also waiting for the Roto Rooter guys to get here and get my drain unclogged! God knows how long it's been since someone did any maintenance on these pipes. This house is nearing 90 years old and I've heard from our neighbors that the owner (we rent) is not the most pleasant man nor the most responsible. Fortunately, we can still use the toilet and take quick showers - but no dishes and no laundry until we get this fixed.

Heading out to pick up a bag of lye and some packaging supplies. I am a little ticked today that my $47 50lb bag went up to $62.50. That is a big increase and I am going to talk to them and see if I can get a better price with 100 lbs

I had the same thing happen with a local supplier a couple years ago. Went from 50.00 69.50. Went back to Essential Depot. They didn't want to work with me.

Thanks for the reminder. I have to order Lye from Duda Diesel (in AL) Price with shipping is $105 for a 50# pail.
So I am ordering that now , having coffee and planning my day

So far it is a good Monday

Taking a mental and physical health day from work. I do have a headache, but needed an extra day to get everything for my show in November done because I'm full on busy next weekend and the show is the next weekend on the 10th and 11th. So I need this extra day.

I need to finish sewing my gift bags, make another case of candles, labeling said candles, and the case I made yesterday. I need to wrap my final soaps I made about 6 weeks ago and label those, and finally take a final inventory of what I will be taking with me to the show.

I'll probably also make a Christmas soap I've been meaning to make for a while now. That one will be just for us and giveaways to my family for the holiday.

Sounds like what I have planned.
Just measured out oils and waiting for Palm to melt a bit so I can do that part... it got cold last night lol
Lye all set, water all set.
Just printed out labels and now I need to label the rest of the salt bars and cured soap and box them up.
Plan on some batches later this afternoon.

Kicking myself and getting ready to take a nap. I mis-measured and CUT a lot of my fabric wrong for my gift bags and now have to start all over. Luckily I can turn the fabric into something else, but right now I'm mad and frustrated with myself so am going to bed. I probably won't have them done in time for my show, but whatever, I'm too irritated to even care right now.

Hiding in a bedroom while people grind 1/4 inch of dried glue off of the slab in 4 rooms and 2 hallways. The dust is insane.

If you ever re-floor your house - never pick flooring that needs to be glued.

Latest posts

Back