what are you doing right now ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooking dinner for my parents and grandkids before my parents head out in the morning to spend thanksgiving with my sister and her family in Colorado.
What part of Colorado? It's cold here now, but at least the sun is shining!! That;s the best part of CO, it can be bitter cold, but the sun shines almost always! We boast 320+ days of sunshine a year here.

What part of Colorado? It's cold here now, but at least the sun is shining!! That;s the best part of CO, it can be bitter cold, but the sun shines almost always! We boast 320+ days of sunshine a year here.
My sister lives in Parker. We're in Michigan and it's been cold an snowy already here. My parents live closer in the upper part of Michigan and they already have 7-8 inches of snow and cold.

My sister lives in Parker. We're in Michigan and it's been cold an snowy already here. My parents live closer in the upper part of Michigan and they already have 7-8 inches of snow and cold.
Oh okay, yeah, it's snowed here already, but not sure how much Parker has gotten. It's different no matter where you live here as to how much you get. Our winters are usually mild, but our spring snows can be devastating.
Parker is about a 45 minute drive southeast (ish) of me.

Lol! My sister can't cook and she knows this. So every time there's a family get together, she's in charge of bringing things like paper plates, napkins, paper cups, salad, soda pop, etc. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Ha! I have one sister like that (which is hilarious because she is part owner of a restaurant...) so she is always in charge of bringing rolls (buns) which she gets from the restaurant anyways...

Right at this moment I'm at work working on some documents, listening to gospel?? LOL Not that there is anything wrong with gospel, just not my normal, but my playlist is on random and I guess John Prine has a gospel song.

I just opened the box of Pine Tar soap I mailed home to myself from California 2 days ago. Oh, I do really like that smell! I am actually amazed that mailed from a small town in California, it arrived in the guaranteed 2 days to a small town in Illinois. Sometimes our small town post office is not quite so efficient, so this was nice. But even though I packaged it carefully, there were two or three holes in the box and some of the tape was even torn, making me wonder what kind of treatment this poor box had to endure on it's travels. Still, the tin of pine tar has not new dents and the soap all appears to be intact. The book I also packed in the box to fill out the space, is also unharmed, so that's good.

I will now start reading The President is Missing, by Bill Clinton and James Patterson, lent to be my by brother.

Just put my printer back together after fixing it. Yeah, I can still take things apart and put back together. Just wish I had the patience to fix the 2 computers I have downstairs that need fixing. Printer is working again so I am back to labeling soap

Lol @cmzaha I started to do my label printing but then got side tracked with videos lol

I am catching up on SMF then scrambling to get everything done for 2 markets on Sat & Sun

Right now I'm wondering why the office has the AC on when it's only 30° outside?? What the heck, man! Usually offices blast the heat in the winter - so I'm usually always happy to be in the office in the winter, but dang, not this company - not this office!! It will be nice when we move to the campus because at least there, even if they blast the AC, I'll be able to bring my space heater...

Waiting for FEDEX, that I know will not deliver.
Nice going Fedex, it is a Heart Monitor for my DD :mad: Oh and it is Friday.

Gee I guess it is good that she is not dying and it is something she Has to have

Feeling my depression again. I thought I was feeling better, at least not so dark; yesterday and this morning I thought that.

Then my brother sent us all an email about the trust distribution and it came right back over me. I went upstairs to look for my copy of the original trust as set up by my Dad & step-mom before my Dad died. I felt so overwhelmed when I walked into the office that opening the file cabinet and looking for it was too much for me. Reading the trust when my Mom & Dad put it together so very long ago while they were still both young enough and healthy enough that it seemed to never be possible that we would even have to consider it was hard enough. Then after my Mom died and it was real, at least my Dad was still alive and it wasn't so horribly bad to read it then. Actually none of us cared then because Dad was still alive anyway. Then when Dad remarried and both he and our new step-mom (what a weird thing it is to have a step-mom when you are already a grandmother, but that's how it was), reading that newer trust was hard, but not so hard because we all knew how happy they were together and had no problems with the trust as our Dad set it up (the two of them, actually.) But now no-one is left but all us off-spring of two different combined families and the distribution could get murky.

For one thing, when Dad was alive the trust agreement included all of my brothers. Now that my Dad has been gone for a number of years and the trust agreement has either been re-written (I haven't received a new copy yet, so not sure about that) or has been interpreted differently, one of my brothers is being left out. In my mind that is wrong, despite the fact that he was horrible to our step-mom. He is generally not the nicest person in our family. But he is my father's son and a legitimate heir, unless my Dad said it was okay to disinherit him. I doubt my father ever said that and I remember specifically in the original document some stipulations of particular property that was to go to this black sheep brother.

So I seem to be the only remaining sibling looking out for my brother's concern, while none of the others seem to even question it. I even told them if he is left out, he would have cause to contest the execution of the trust and how the assets are distributed. In my opinion, this is really very serious and needs to be properly dealt with, but I am not one of the co-executors, so at this point all I am doing is providing caution based on my understanding and recollection of the original document while waiting for receipt of the new document. And I suggested to my brother that it is incumbent upon him in this role to carefully review both documents to ensure that Dad's wishes are carried out as agreed upon in the first Trust that he was party to while still alive. If they both stipulated that the surviving spouse could disinherit any of the surviving off-spring, then so be it, but that was not my father's way and doubt that was the case.

The other issue that comes to mind is the disparity of the distribution being discussed. I won't go into the specifics, but seeing the documents is the only way to ease my concern about this as well. My brother has not responded to my concerns as yet, but I have only expressed my concerns a couple of times, once right before Thanksgiving and then again today in my most recent email. I don't think he really cherishes this task, and I don't blame him. But Dad chose him to handle it because Dad believed he was up to it, so that's what I am hoping as well.

Waiting for FEDEX, that I know will not deliver.
Nice going Fedex, it is a Heart Monitor for my DD :mad: Oh and it is Friday.

Gee I guess it is good that she is not dying and it is something she Has to have
Have you tracked it? Fed Ex is terrible in our area, but at this time of year, we have gotten deliveries as late as 10pm from them before.

I tried to call the company that was sending it to get the tracking number. And of course no one at 4:00 pm answered. So no I did not get one. If they sent it from where I had to call, I would have been better off going to pick it up !
Fedex sucks here too. I waited 2 full days waiting for my Lye that I had to sign for. Last order I just told them that I would pick it up

Latest posts

Back