what are you doing right now ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from dropping my truck off to find out why it's leaking coolant, and to get it fixed (we suspect water pump is on its last legs), and now I'm sitting down in front of the computer enjoying a smoothie made with lots of greens from my garden and reading the forum.

Debating between drinking the las glass of wine... or save it for a soap. Its been sitting there for a few days.

I am happy i made GLS patiently waiting for my second batch of liquid soap to turn to vaselinish like..
the first one is just actng wierd never turned to vaseline stayed white ? ph meter read 6.8 ph trip its dark pink.
toungue test zaps a little ... and water look semi clear.. but this is the first time i made LS soap.. figured i try since it not much different from MP soap ?

Attachments

• 20181108_120358.jpg
    20181108_120358.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
Waiting for my husband to get home (it's 7 p.m. here). We're expecting that white stuff that falls from the sky in the winter and he's getting things squared up at work. When the white stuff flies, his work season is over.

Wondering why my husband isn't awake yet. Maybe I should go check on him. It's a strange phenomena. One husband died (this was over 30 years ago now) and I often think my current husband might die in his sleep and I have to go check if he is still breathing. It's kind of macabre, but there it is.

ETA: He's snoring, so he's alive.

Last edited:
Counting down the minutes until the end of the work day so I can get home and work on wrapping and labeling more soap and finalizing details for my first craft fair next weekend!

Allowing a towel to soak up the water in my freshly washed hair as I read a little here. I spent much of the day in escapism television watching. I only showered because I couldn't stand my hair. I am so tempted to cut it all off. That's been going on for about 3 months. I hate dealing with short hair, but the temptation to cut it all off has been plaguing me and I can't seem to shake it. At my age I don't really want to face dealing with short hair again, although that's also part of it. My mind tells me old ladies have short hair. Even my grandma who had super long braids most of her life cut her hair short in the last decade of her life. I even cut off about 3-5 inches on the bottom before we went to Europe hoping that would make the urge go away, but it has returned for some reason. It's all so ridiculous. If I cut it, it will take 10 years to get this long again.

FYI, your hair grows even slower as you age so it might not really get that long again :(
I had short and long hair on and off again most of my life.
I have a Pixie cut now, not the stick up in the air type. Just long buzz cut in the back and about 3" on top. My hair is flat and just blends over to the side.
I was and brush with my fingers and go.......... love it.
Also so easy when I Henna my hair too ;)

Getting ready for bedtime hehe
Almost midnight where I am now

By getting ready I mean I'm going through a slew of search words and reading stuff here.. I just got tired of reading "rebatch" and "vinegar" lol

Waiting for my husband to get home (it's 7 p.m. here). We're expecting that white stuff that falls from the sky in the winter and he's getting things squared up at work. When the white stuff flies, his work season is over.

What does your husband do, and whereabouts are you? We just moved to the Cariboo in BC, and that fluffy white stuff is on it's way soon!!

I'm laying in bed, and hubby is making coffee.. going to whip up some soap paste, cp laundry soap, and maybe some wine soap for the holidays... and I also need to make dryer balls, for a craft fair coming up in 2 weeks

Latest posts

Back