Weight Loss Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is for you Sunny and Krissy and me too.

OK, this is what I do weekly as far as exercise goes.

Walk 6 - 7 kls, 5 mornings a week and sometimes a walk on Sat or Sun.

Monday, Wednesday and Fridays I do weights in the gym for 45 mins.

Monday I do a 45 min aerobic class, 2 hrs African Drumming.

Incidental exercise - walk to the shops, mow the lawn, a swim sometimes.

I slipped away completely from exercise for awhile after Halloween. Now I make myself work out every other night. I wish I would do it every night but I'm just not there yet. I'm feeling pretty good about what am accomplishing though. And I try to park far away at stores too and walk that much more.

yay!! okay my plans:

next week I am planning to get a gym membership. I have been researching gyms and prices all week.

I would like to go 5 days a week (weekends off) for cardio, trying for 1 hour a day. may be less the first few weeks.
I would also like to do arms and abs 2x a week at home. I have ab work videos I like, plus an exercise ball, and I also have a Shake Weight (don't laugh at me! it really works! it does feel pretty silly at first though lol...)

this would all be quite amazing - we'll see how it goes and I may have to trim it down. I am quite aware that motivation is difficult for me when it comes to exercise. I may end up doing half of this, especially at first, but I'll do my best.

I am not planning to diet or restrict but am planning to change the meal plan at home. I will spend this weekend making up a meal plan for the month which will include making all lunches and dinners at home and preferably from scratch. I'm also trying to do smoothies, homemade waffles, and hot cereals for breakfast and find better snacks.

I'm going to set my goal for 15 lbs (yikes that is a lot!!) and I would like to lose it by April 15.

I will probably be signing in on this thread a lot to keep track of what I've been doing! sorry if it gets annoying :p Please help keep me on track for my goals!

Anyone is welcome to join this thread who wants to!

Ooh! I would like to join this thread. I've gained close to 30 lbs(!) this past year. My husband and I got a bit of bad news a year ago, and I ate my way out of my depression... I have a GoWearFit and I was just telling my dh that I am going to start using it again tomorrow. Posting here will help keep me honest. :wink:

Sunny said:
yay!! okay my plans:

I'm going to set my goal for 15 lbs (yikes that is a lot!!) and I would like to lose it by April 15.

I will probably be signing in on this thread a lot to keep track of what I've been doing! sorry if it gets annoying :p Please help keep me on track for my goals!

Anyone is welcome to join this thread who wants to!

Sunny 15 lbs is only 6.82kgs, so thats not a lot when I have to get rid of 22 lbs - 10 kgs. We'll all have to keep each other accountable :) .
Welove soap - 30lbs is only 13.64kgs not that much.

Its NYD here and have been for a swim, only walked 1/2kl as its my day off (Sunday) from exercise, so back to normal tomorrow with walking.

i am going for losing 10-15 lbs and i plan to walk more and change my diet. i am not sure on gym membership type stuff yet though.

I gotta do the gym or I won't do anything at all. hehe. the weather here does not permit me to go outside for exercise this time of year, I would not even feel safe. and I can't be trusted to work out on my own at home. I will come up with every excuse in the book why I can't go do some Turbo Jam. lol

Inspirational!

I need to loose 10 kg ... weight put on while I was home (New Zealand), sitting with my Dad when he was dying ... September/October 2011. Ate way too much fab NZ diary food and did hardly any exercise.

I'm not joining a gym ... I don't have that money to spare and if I did, I have more important things to spend it on. I will be trying to walk for between 15 and 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week, plus if have time at the weekend (no markets), I way to walk my gorgeous best friend for an hour. When it's too hot, I want to do 'inside' exercises like wii fit, for 15-30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week.

Mostly I want to get back to my usual healthy vegan/raw eating ... instead of my current lazy vegetarian ways.

I know what I need to do ... but I lack motivation at the moment, which is really frustrating me!

Dragonkaz said:
Inspirational!
When it's too hot, I want to do 'inside' exercises like wii fit, for 15-30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week.

I love "Free step" on wii fit (I think it's called free step) ... I just set it to half hour and watch 1 tv show :) I can get a lot of steps if I go fast!

edit: okay finally got the gym stuff worked out. spoke with the owner and got a deal at less than $10 a month so that is what I will do! will be signing up this week or next!

I'd like to lost 10kg or so. Just so I could fit into some of the smaller clothes in my closet without having to go and buy new ones. I am a relatively small framed person, and don't feel comfortable if I am carrying more weight than I need to, however it's something that is harder to maintain as I am getting older and I am not going to stress myself out about it. I eat well, lots of fruit and veges and grains, only eat meat twice or three times a week, I just really need to cut out the junk food that I like to snack on, chips, lollies, chocolate, and I drink far too much coffee, but I'm not going to give that up.

I'm doing OK, so far, I've lost 1kg this week, eating well, not hungry and just cut out sugar. Not cutting out anything else - you still have to live and enjoy it. Back to the gym next week.
Kaz, my gym doesn't cost me anything as the medical fund covers it, I have to have a letter from the GP though and what doctor is going to tell you, you don't have to exercise.

Well I missed two nights in a row. It's too easy to do! So I'll just make myself go for it tonight When I'm doing exercise I don't seem to mind it. Gets kind of boring repeating different ones and doing the full amount of them but I feel great afterwards and the next guilt-free day.

Well, it took me until yesterday to really start making some changes. I finally pulled out my GoWear Fit, charged it, and all that. So, I am tracking my calories burned with that, and then logging my food on the site.

I also went to the gym. I love my gym; I don't know why I avoid going there.

Bought a scale, because my old one broke last summer when we moved. I actually need to lose around 45 lbs. Yuck. :(

Great that everyone is making changes, slow and steady wins the race :) .

i am working on changing my diet to something much healthier and trying to eat most of a rainbow a day.

last night's dinner was pita crackers, hummus, cheese, strawberries, edamame and a small mount of wine.

Well, I did something crazy today: I signed up for the Warrior Dash this summer. If you've never heard of it, you have to check out the webpage, it's CRAZY! http://warriordash.com/register2012_michigan.php

I've been eating well, using my GWF, and working out for the past 4 days. Gonna' keep on truckin'.

-Andi

yes I have heard of it. glad you are feeling motivated!

I have a friend who LOVES to run races and marathons even, well she talked me into running a 5k last year. it was a disaster, I did finish (last in our group of 6) but my legs were not right for 2 days after that. couldn't even walk hardly.

now she is trying to get me to do another one in the spring! I told her let's see how consistently I go to the gym before I agree to that. lol.

welovesoap said:
Well, I did something crazy today: I signed up for the Warrior Dash this summer. If you've never heard of it, you have to check out the webpage, it's CRAZY! http://warriordash.com/register2012_michigan.php

I've been eating well, using my GWF, and working out for the past 4 days. Gonna' keep on truckin'.

-Andi

Good luck with the dash and you pay them to go in it :shock: :roll: .

Latest posts

Back