Weight Loss Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
even if your weight stays the same it can be good. if you are working out and making muscle, that will weigh more but burn more calories too.

i am 5# from my goal weight! i just need to stop bingeing out on bad foods before my cycle. :roll:

krissy, that is great! They do say that last bit is the hardest though. Hormones are a bitch on the binging. I just want sugar and more sugar.

I haven't been on the scale lately. The light bulb on that side of the basement went out, lol, so I really do have an excuse. :p

i have decided to go for another 10-15#s since i was able to get the first part off well enough. why stop a good thing right?

Puleeze, somebody come over to my place and kick my TV-watching butt into action! Or I better think about joining Curves or something. I think I must just be turned off to turning off the TV and getting down on my Yoga mat. Why is it so dang hard?! I feel very good about myself when I do work out and that begins to fade towards the same time the next day or night. And dread sets in for the next routine because we all know you have to repeat your workout often to get results and trim down. When I'm going at it I can't help thoughts like:

I hate exercise.

Am I getting towards the end?

Ugh, 50 more to go, I'm still in the thick of it.

Least I get to chow down after this ordeal! :lol:

Sometimes I have an intelligent thought spur me on though. Like, aren't I lucky to have a healthy body that has four fully functional limbs? Not everyone has that and they work out more cheerfully in a wheelchair than I ever do. Guess I'm a poor sport but I'm trying not to be! :)

Maythorn said:
Puleeze, somebody come over to my place and kick my TV-watching butt into action! Or I better think about joining Curves or something. I think I must just be turned off to turning off the TV and getting down on my Yoga mat. Why is it so dang hard?! I feel very good about myself when I do work out and that begins to fade towards the same time the next day or night. And dread sets in for the next routine because we all know you have to repeat your workout often to get results and trim down. When I'm going at it I can't help thoughts like:

I hate exercise.
quote]

I actually love exercise and feel sad if I don't do it. Just got back from the gym and did my weights - I didn't talk today :roll: so got it done in 50 mins.

I like how you think about chowing down, its lunch time now - yum.
My friend use to go to curves and gave it away after 2 years, all they do is pull the tape measure tighter when they re measure you so you think you have lost weight. She never changed in the whole time she was there - so save your money and go for a walk instead - I walk 6- 7 kls a day 5 days a week and sometimes a 6th day.

Maythorn said:

I hate exercise.

Sometimes I have an intelligent thought spur me on though. Like, aren't I lucky to have a healthy body that has four fully functional limbs? Not everyone has that and they work out more cheerfully in a wheelchair than I ever do. Guess I'm a poor sport but I'm trying not to be! :)

OMG this made me laugh...this is exactly how I feel! i hate exercising even though when its over I like the feeling. i used to go to gym too, but I got tired of looking for parking every time and then waiting for machines...hell no! i canceled the membership and now I walk. But not every day as I should. I am not motivated. I went on diet but I know I have to start jogging/ walking every day to lose 10 lb before my vacation in May. Sucks being over 50.

I have just seen this thread. Myself, I have lost 50lbs since I was at my worst a few years ago. I do A LOT of reading about nutrition and effects of food on the body. I would like to share some things I have learned that can speed up results and improve your health.

First, if you are drinking diet sodas, stop it. They contain aspartame which depresses the thyroid and leads to metabolic problems. The phosphoric acid in sodas is next to battery acid on the PH scale. When you flood your system with something so acidic the body will pull calcium and minerals from your bones to buffer against the acid, as well as iodine which the thyroid needs to function properly.

Refined carbs and refined or excess sugars will screw with insulin and promote weight gain. Insulin is what turns sugars into fat. If the system is flooded with it, just about everything you are eating is being stored.

Also avoid "fat free" and "sugar free" foods. The fat is replaced with sugar which can screw with your insulin, and in sugar free they substitue with artificial sweeteners like aspartame. REAL fat is best for you. Hydrogenated vegetable oils are one of the worst things you can put into your body. Fat is essential, but its got to be the right fats. If fat is cut out of the diet one of the first things to start deteriorating is the nervous system.

Here is a youtube vid about diet soda I would like to share:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoAtwVyzZI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoAtwVyzZI[/ame]

and another about insulin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amn8d_KBVZ8&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amn8d_KB ... re=channel[/ame]

And the movie "Fat Head" is a great watch. Its streaming on netflix right now. He loses weight AND improves his health eating everything we think we are not supposed to have to stay thin. He makes a great point "Mother nature is not stupid, we crave these foods because they are good for us". He also shows that weight loss is not as simple as burning more calories than you take in.

This documentary on aspartame

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/sweet-mi ... ned-world/

dubnica said:
Maythorn said:

I hate exercise.

OMG this made me laugh...this is exactly how I feel! i hate exercising even though when its over I like the feeling. i used to go to gym too, but I got tired of looking for parking every time and then waiting for machines...hell no! i canceled the membership and now I walk. But not every day as I should. I am not motivated. I went on diet but I know I have to start jogging/ walking every day to lose 10 lb before my vacation in May. Sucks being over 50.

Walking is great and if it would stop raining I'd start. A couple of times I've also gone into my closet looking at nifty clothes I like but am too wide for right now. And I think, well you know the remedy for that. Exercise more and the clothes can be worn, which is kind of why you bought them in the first place, right?

The other thing once can do is buy a full-lenght mirror. That would probably depress me enough into some action and less eating. :lol:

I never venture into general chat, so I never noticed you guys had a weight loss thread.

I joined weight watchers in January (the 6th). My goal is actually to lose 90 pounds from my starting weight. YIKES!

I have never been skinny, but I am obviously at my largest now.

I go to the meetings every week. My boyfriend and I joined together, but he is deployed for the military so I am flying solo for a while. But he said I had to do the meetings, not just online, because I tend to be a bit of a hermit when he is not around...and I teach, so I have summers off, so it's really hermit time then! If I have meetings, then I will have to get out of the house once in a while.

Anyway... As of last night, I have lost 23.6 pounds. I can't believe it. I can feel it in my clothes (already down one size), but still don't see it when I look in the mirror.

Luckily, other people see it and comment on it, so that is the encouragement I need!

I also just noticed this thread... I need to loose 30. I lost 10 on WW at work but didn't get enough people to join the 2nd round and of course I gained it all back..

I need to get my fat ass moving and stop letting DH fix my plate. Carbs are bad for me - if I can just stick with meat and veggies I will shed this weight but I love Rice, Pasta and bread. I hate wheat!!!!!..

I so need help.

MeadowHillFarmCT said:
I also just noticed this thread... I need to loose 30. I lost 10 on WW at work but didn't get enough people to join the 2nd round and of course I gained it all back..

Didn't get enough people to join the second round of what?

I tried nutrisystems for a while. (Late night infommercial got me!) I liked it at first, but so got burnt out on the food after just a few weeks. Then i got all into protein shakes and green smoothies for a while. Then i started doing p90x for a bit. Apparently i'm all over the place and my weight management techniques change with my weekly mood. I think if i just had the motivation to stick to one thing and be consistent with it i would probably be ok. For now, i'm back on my macaroni and cheese and pizza diet. Thankfully it's nearing bikini season. Hoping that gets me back in the game.

Just not that hungry right now because it's so hot which is helping me lose weight. I don;t know why at night time it's the worst. You have fans and air-conditioning going and good luck hearing the TV. Pretty thirsty, though!

Okay hows everyone going with Christmas looming???? I have recently been diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes and gone on a radical lifestyle change........This is my forever way of eating and I have seen some impressive turn arounds in my BGL's and feel amazing. To date I have dropped 12 kilo (have a fair few more to go) and looking forward to becoming active in this thread :D

I have a doctor's appt tomorrow and I'm afraid that maybe I've slipped over the edge into type 2 diabetes as well. I've been close for a couple of years but have held it at bay by eating better and exercising. For the last 3 months or so, though, I've been back to my old eating habits and have not been exercising. Why, when I know better, do I do this??? *sigh* I know it does no good to beat myself up - I just need to get up and get going. Lynnz I am inspired by your post - tell me more! :)

I need to get motivated, too. I used to exercise and eat better but in the last 6 years...umm...not so much. :lol: I can't believe how much weight I've allowed myself to gain.

chicklet said:
I have a doctor's appt tomorrow and I'm afraid that maybe I've slipped over the edge into type 2 diabetes as well. I've been close for a couple of years but have held it at bay by eating better and exercising. For the last 3 months or so, though, I've been back to my old eating habits and have not been exercising. Why, when I know better, do I do this??? *sigh* I know it does no good to beat myself up - I just need to get up and get going. Lynnz I am inspired by your post - tell me more! :)
I was diagnosed roughly 12 weeks ago I did have gestational with my last baby who is now eight so it all fits in timewise as they say about seven years post baby it may appear, that with the fact that both my parents were type 2 meant that this came as no surprise. I am on medication and have in this space bought my readings down to an average of 5.6 from 14-16 at time of diagnosis so pretty darn wrapped about this. I am now exercising daily either walking or swimming or hitting the gym and have fast become a bit of a junkie as just love the boost a good workout gives me plus the fact that I can hit a reading in the 4's after a good workout as well!!!!!!. I am motivated to do well with this as I have kids that I want to see grow up healthy and give me beautiful grandbabies to play with :D . I am nurisng a guy of the age of 59 who with poorly controlled diabetes ended up having a massive stroke and is now peg feed and has no muscle control at all even his neck needs support for turns but he is cognitively astute and totally aware of what has happened to his body, communication is very limited. Sooooo sad and another driving force for me to keep myself focused and doing good things for this body of mine. Let us know how it goes at the docs!!!!! we need to be looking after ourselves............................got to dash off and do the schoolrun will check the thread later today :D

Lynnz said:
Okay hows everyone going with Christmas looming???? I have recently been diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes and gone on a radical lifestyle change........This is my forever way of eating and I have seen some impressive turn arounds in my BGL's and feel amazing. To date I have dropped 12 kilo (have a fair few more to go) and looking forward to becoming active in this thread :D

Great you've got 12 kgs off Lyn. :)
Thats about how much I have to get off, I'm doing the exercise etc but not with the intensity ATM. I'm trying to get my cholesterol under control. I had it checked a week ago and its 5.8, the doctor is happy with that, but I've had side effects with the drugs that is making me lethargic,muscle weekness,aches in the legs etc so still trying to find a happy medium, until thats fixed up I'm still plodding along. My sugar is fine :) .

Great you've got 12 kgs off Lyn. :)
Thats about how much I have to get off, I'm doing the exercise etc but not with the intensity ATM. I'm trying to get my cholesterol under control. I had it checked a week ago and its 5.8, the doctor is happy with that, but I've had side effects with the drugs that is making me lethargic,muscle weekness,aches in the legs etc so still trying to find a happy medium, until thats fixed up I'm still plodding along. My sugar is fine :) .[/quote]

Are you on cholesterol lowering drugs Relle? Mine was up and I am trying by diet alone to get it down and using the products like flora spread with the plant steriods hope the doc will do more bloods soon and I can tell you how much of an effect it has had. Now that I have finally got my chuff moving I have to say I am really enjoying the exercise and tend to get a little cranky if I dont get my daily dose in :D

Latest posts

Back