We have a WINNER!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished #3. My layers tilted perfectly without meaning to. Nice. Hopefully I didn't muddy it all up and it works out. If not, I will execute my final one with my original idea (this was my original with a twist).
Moved slow at least. Now cleaning. Blah.

Im sorry you got the A with Tuberose Moss, Julie. The person who didn't must have a super slow recipe. Well, occasionally soap surprises so you may get a great soap out of it still. Now I'm dying for you to cut it!!

Last edited:
Well unmolded (which these are the first of my soaps to slide really easily out of the mold. Chalking that up to rubbing mineral oil on the silicone molds and sticking them in the oven to stay warm over night). The one that I intended to be the one I enter came out nice. Whether it will get me anywhere, who knows. The other was still a little oily on the inside when I cut but wasn't overly zappy. I am just going to let that one sit and absorb.

Where's Beachy in this deal? EG? Don't leave me hangin' guys.

I already said I was in. Well not in the competition, but I'm rooting for all of you. Never really saw myself as a male cheerleader, but hey, I've learned to roll with the punches.:lolno:

I played with the swirls just to see what they would do, but was mainly trying to find some designs that are repeatable, for future endeavors. And my 2 month experiment with the swirls leads me to believe two things.

1) It's really hard to reproduce the same look twice when swirling.

2) My inadequacy's at swirling increase the chances of number 1 being proven correct exponentially.

I was going to enter with my Marquis de Sade swirling tool I discovered during my experiments, however, I received a polite but firm letter from the judges stating no. Something about not fitting into the family atmosphere of the competition. :shock:

In the end, and maybe coming clean, I've just got too many irons in the fire right now. Heck, I only made one batch of soap today, and I may only get in one tomorrow. I'm usually closer to 6 to 8 every weekend. haha.

Daryl, I leave it in your capable hands to represent the men of the forum. I'd just hate to be competing against the women on here, **** they have some talent.

In the end, as long as someone from the forum wins, we can all cheer.

^^Yup. I like that. If someone from the forum wins I will be jumping for joy.

Made #3 and looks like it might be the winner. I don't typically color or swirl so my efforts are probably a bit elementary and basic compared to all you fancy pants soapers but I am happy to be amongst you on this contest.

I even filmed this one... I have never filmed my soaping!

Ooh it sounds like you all are getting somewhere! Can't wait to see your final entries. We should start another thread after everyone puts their spoons down and walks away from their molds.

Sad to say I am done soaping for the challenge, without something great to enter. Too much other stuff going on right now to give it any more time. I'll post my fails when I get a chance to photograph. But I'm pulling for all of you guys! I hope we fill the top 3 and take the sponsor's choice too!

Ohhh... Mint chocolate chip?! Yeah you need to enter that cause I hope for a swap of that one!

This is my seized fail...Tuberose Moss. I actually really like the colors. Too bad it didn't work out.

1417998051299.jpg

Yeah I will be doing the challenge but not the swap. I don't like sending out uncured soap. I know the recipients are soapmaker, I also would like to see how the first swap works out.

I am SO proud of my last soap! I don't think it's a winner, but for a fairly new soaper, I'm quite pleased :) getting close now! Sorry to see you out carabou. How's everyone else coming along?

I hope to cut mine tonight. So far I cut the ends off and all I see are layers so I am a little worried. I suppose I could try another batch tonight if it didn't work out.

I'm doing batch 4 Wednesday
:shock:
Never thought I'd do more than two lol! It didn't do quite what I want, and though it is no where near a winner, I'm pleased with what I have thus far. Hopefully #4 works even better, but if not, I'll just send in #3.

Carabou, sounds like your talking down a great soap!! I wish you'd submit even if it isn't your all time fave. I didn't do the swap, because I wasn't sure if I'd be satisfied enough to submit. That, and, well I'm a little self conscious being such a new soaper. I may consider a smf swap here afterwards, though:) I feel more comfortable swapping with one of you since we all communicate and see each other here often.

If I make another batch it will be #4 too. First I didn't have enough colorant. Second seized. Third might be ok, we shall see. Ugh, the agony.

As for the swap I am glad she added we could send a different soap if we don't like our submitted one so I feel like I have enough decent soaps to spread the love. Besides, someone who doesn't know me could provide some truly honest feedback I have been looking for.

No wonder I swear so much. I made at least 8 batches of soap, looking for that one that would stand out. I mostly used my little mold so as not to drown in bubbly failure. I never think of myself as kind of obsessive, but apparently I am.

Jules, I like your colors! but yes, that is no submittable spoon swirl. Stupid floral FO's. Do you like the scent though? Did it change at all in the soap, from OOB?

Latest posts

Back