Aug 2018 SMF Challenge - Dancing Funnel Pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, the entries are gorgeous. I am really enjoying each and every one of them. If my first half dozen attempts had turned out so well, I'd be thrilled! Please, please, please, don't be too shy to share your results. It gives each and every one of us courage.

amd and jcandleattic:

Me three! I was quickly reminded when I started why I never tried this technique after my first attempt. I made my lye water, measured my oils and then sat down for a quick brush up on the technique.....but the internet was broken! GAH!!! I'll enter it, but positive I did not do it right :(

Oh my gosh look at the date - I will need to remember to upload mine tonight so I dont miss out on entering!
Never did manage to get a second attempt done ... mostly because the squirty bottles are still soaking lol so the first attempt will have to do

Well I suck and haven’t made my soap yet, but I still plan to, I just will miss the deadline to enter. Can’t find my big squeeze bottles so i still need to pick some up tonight

Hi, folks, I have begun to put the survey for voting together (in draft form) so I thought I'd ask a favor of any of you who include multiple photos of your entry. If there is a particular photo you prefer to be the one in the voting survey, please advise me which one to include. If you don't let me know, then I will choose the one I think does the best service to your entry. (Primrose, thank you for letting me know via PM.)

Voting doesn't start until after 11:59pm CST tomorrow night, but in order to speed up the process of preparing the survey etc, I like to be prepared, which is why I've begun the draft. Sometimes getting photos to 'stick' to survey monkey problems have been identified and I wanted to eliminate any problems early. I am glad I did because a couple of photos did create a slight issue, but that has been resolved now.

When the survey monkey voting survey is posted, I will send a message via 'conversations' to all folks on the sign-up list. At this point in time, there are 18 members signed up, but if anyone still wants to sign up, there is still time until the entry thread closes. This is the list so far:

1. dibbles - happy dancing!
2. shunt - going to try (if I have time)
3. amd - it's been on my "to try list" for several years
4. Misschief - I've tried a couple of times, time to perfect the technique!
5. Scard - I can dance...not! but I'll try
6. Artemis - we'll see if I have time to play!
7. jcandleattic - Maybe I'll actually have time to join this one?
8. BattleGnome - mold size vs squirt bottle size....
9. Primrose - better buy some squirt bottles ...
10. Mommycarlson - you can dance if you want to! :)
11. Roselyne - really hope I'll have time to make it!
12. Redhead1226 - Gonna give it a go! Nice challenge!
13. jules92207 - I’ve been MIA for a while, this is a good way to“dance” my way back
14. Alzie- first challenge, time to put on my dancing shoes!
15. SunRiseArts - :p
16. Rowan- have also been MIA, but can't think of a more fun way to return to soaping than with a challenge :)
17. Zanzalawi - this has been on my to do list too, stoked to finally do it :D
18. LiLiSoapz - I would love to try making something pretty and fun with my fifth soap. First Challenge wooohoo!

Thank you all for participating in this challenge!

When I have sent the message to all participants in the challenge, I will also post a message and a link on this thread and the Entry thread hoping it will make voting access easier for all of you.

Earlene

Entered!

This was the other one I tried, the colors changed a bit, I thought it looked like fish eggs but omg it smells so good! WSP raspberry rose hibiscus tea
IMG_3839.jpg

Ok... I guess I have to accept that I'm not getting this one done! I have had two huge family milestones this month plus our family vacation. I'm feeling brain-dead and drained. I could use a soaping session as therapy, though, so maybe I'll still try this technique.

The Entry Thread is closed and the voting via Survey Monkey link & password has been sent to the eligible to vote 18 participants. Please check your Conversations for the survey information and vote for three (3). Good luck everyone!

If you were not a recipient of the information, please let me know. Being limited to sending only 5 recipients per conversation meant I had to send it 4 times to get all 18 of you included. I think that can be altered at some point by an admin, but it's already done, so I'll follow up on that later.

If you have any difficulty with the survey, please let me know.

The winners will be posted at 11:59pm CST on Aug. 31 or sooner if all 18 of you vote earlier and I get the analysis.

The link to this month's challenge voting on Survey Monkey is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S2CMD9Z

Thank you for your participation!

ETA:

I am working on solving the survey problems. The link above no longer works while I fix this. Everyone who voted before (there were only 2 or maybe 4 people who voted) will have to vote again because it will be a new link when it is corrected. Those of you who did vote, I assume were only allowed 1 vote and not able to vote for the top 3. I will update this thread as soon as it is fixed. Please bear with me.

Last edited:
I wanted to say a huge thankyou to Earlene for hosting the challenge. It must take a huge amount of work!

I'd always wanted to try this technique and it gave me a kick up the ..... (English saying) to get started again, lol!

Wow, the entries are really stunning and it's been great fun looking at all the photos!

The Entry Thread is closed and the voting via Survey Monkey link & password has been sent to the eligible to vote 18 participants. Please check your Conversations for the survey information and vote for three (3). Good luck everyone!

If you were not a recipient of the information, please let me know. Being limited to sending only 5 recipients per conversation meant I had to send it 4 times to get all 18 of you included. I think that can be altered at some point by an admin, but it's already done, so I'll follow up on that later.

If you have any difficulty with the survey, please let me know.

The winners will be posted at 11:59pm CST on Aug. 31 or sooner if all 18 of you vote earlier and I get the analysis.

The link to this month's challenge voting on Survey Monkey is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S2CMD9Z

Thank you for your participation!

I'm having issues with voting, Earlene. First, I wasn't asked for the password. Second, I picked my three choices (only three) and got the following message: ! This question requires 3, and only 3, choices.

Back