This Bothers Me

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sincere apologies for offending anyone.
My personal opinions may indeed be superficial and have nothing to do with this woman's ability to make soap.
But if you're posting videos of yourself, people are going to have a first impression...good or bad.

Your first impression was entirely based on looks, which again, has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, which was about how she makes soap. You conflated her quality of tattoos--which, as we should both know, is irrelevant anyway since tattoos can fade/bleed with time--with her ability to make soap, which is silly.

If I recall correctly, this isn't really the right forum to be catty about looks/tattoos/etc--there's a million other forums just for that. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

You'd have to know the reason for the eyepatch. If she dumped lye in her eye and made videos with shifty safety recommendations, I could see questioning it. My sister-in-law wears an eyepatch sometimes because she took a branch to the eye and her eye is ruined. If she made soap and didn't explain her eyepatch, would you assume she was a soap-making idiot?

And she does rock her eyepatch!

;) Just joking.

I have a fibrous tissue defect that affects my skin too. My tattoo's were beautifully done, but now after almost a decade are starting to deteriorate rapidly. I'm quite sure they'll look like crap in a couple of years more.
They happen to be in places that aren't normally visible (my hips and back), but I'm proud of them, what they represent and if they weren't, I'd still refuse to cover them up.

Like with your sil, there can be more than meets the eye :p

Dagmar, no pun intended!

I probably sounded more serious than I felt about the eye patch issue. I was just backing up the point that looks don't mean too much. And you reminded me of my brother, who would often say the same you did about it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, which is ironic because his wife is the one who is now sporting the eyepatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back