Did You Miss Me?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGecko

Reaction score
Everyone** got Covid. Daughter got it first, but we thought it was a just a cold from the crappy weather since she tested negative. And she tested negative a second time when I came down sick. It wasn't until we went to Urgent Care and they did the test that takes longer and it came back positive. Of course, the delay meant that they couldn't prescribe Paxlovid*** for her since it has been over five days since she first started showing symptoms.

But I didn't get it from her, I got it from one of my co-workers....the dumber-than-a-box-of-rocks Admin who had called out sick on Thursday, but failed to tell anyone that she had Covid and infected three of us. Which meant that we had to close down the office for a week at the PEAK of tax season, and if you were sick you had to test negative before returning. She wouldn't tested...inquiries as to her illness were met with silence and when the boss finally asked if she had been tested, she claimed that she needed a 'special' test that was available in our state. That was when we figured out that she was the carrier. And it wasn't a big deal...we've had to shut down a couple of times and work from home because someone was exposed or tested positive, but that was her MO...zero responsibility or accountability...which is why we had given her a 30-day notice and hired a new Admin. But she had to play games at the end and as the saying goes: Play stupid game, win stupid prizes. It's really hard to piss off the boss, but she did and instead of collecting unemployment because it "didn't work out", she's not collecting anything because the Termination Letter that she pushed him for stating the reasons why she was fired, made it clear that she was terminated for cause. But she is gone and we have a great Admin now.

And of course, trying to recover from Covid during tax season was rough and I am just exhausted. The boss and most of my clients were really understanding and we filed extensions, but a few of their businesses had partners who were very demanding. One even went so far as to lie...and it cost them because two people can't work on the same data file at the same time without losing everything. So we had to do the work twice and they are paying for it.

The Great Lotion Experiment is on hold...I got the first batch done with Meadowfoam and was letting it cure for a week when I got sick so it's still sitting on the shelf in the garage. But it's all good...I'll make another batch, let it cure for a week and then both out to see if there is a difference. But that is next month...still too tired.

I hope everyone is well.

** - Our 10th Anniversary will always be remembered as the year hubby gave me a gorgeous set of earrings and necklace and I gave him Covid. He tested positive the morning of.

*** - Paxlovid. It is something that I recommend...it does exactly what it says it will do...including the side effects. The worst of which was the Gawd-awful 'taste' that it leaves in your mouth and there is nothing you can to to alleviate it, and Lord know hubby and I tried a lot of things. fortunately it only lasts around three days.

Glad you are starting to get back, @TheGecko - you were indeed missed! 🥰
What an ordeal - I’m so glad you got rid of this yahoo admin, it’s awful to have a person like that at work.
Looking forward to the lotion bar updates, when you are up to it.
Sounds like the anniversary will be one to remember with that story. Rock the earrings and necklace with your favorite comfy Jammie’s and slippers, if you have to 😂
Sending you lots of continued recovery wishes and hugs 🌸

Oh covid and tax season colliding - not good. I'm glad you are recovering from both. Hubby and I both had covid at the end of February into early March. We were both able to take Paxlovid. He had no symptoms, and I do think my 'sick time' was shortened.

@TheGecko Glad you are back! Covid is a wicked wicked illness. It’s a blessings that everyone in your family is on the mend. Lotion bars seem to helped by sitting for a bit. Pretty sure it was @Zing that let’s bars sit so I decided do same with very good results.

Latest posts

Back