The waiting has to be the hardest part of all of this

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
Aiiieee, the buttermilk-carrot-honey bastile batch is still in the mold from last night. It's not ready to come out yet, but it's a nice creamy pale orange so far. On top of that anticipation and impatience, I just poured another batch into the mold and I'm really excited to see how it comes out. The newest batch is scented with the Neroli Blossom FO from Tradewinds, and I adore orange blossoms, so mmmm. The coloring will either turn out neat or extremely homely, but it's my most ambitious attempt to date. The bottom is a solid orange color, then the top layer should be a subtle marbled/swirled layer of two paler shades of the same orange. I say "should" because I still have trouble leaving well enough alone with the swirling, and tend to fuss with it too much. I'm hoping it's more marbled than swirly, but we shall see.

Besides waiting for the soaps, there's the waiting for supplies, I just ordered a beveler/planer from Kangaroo Blue last night, and had to pick up a couple of other things to make the shipping seem more justified. :lol: The beveler is sort of a frivolous thing for me since I'm not selling any of the soaps, but I want to pretty them up even if my husband, my parents, my kiddo, and I are the only ones who ever use them.

Isn't it sort of like pre-Christmas or pre-birthday waiting when you were a kid? You know there's something cool in the works, you just can't have it yet!

Yes!!! And it doesn't get easier, either!!! I guess if anything else, it teaches us some sort of patience...NOT! I just had to see if mine were set up from last night, since I am trying something different. The end of my pvc now has a nice big glop out of the end of it. :shock:

Your soap sounds awesome , patience is definitly a virtue , it is just to hard to wait to see what you created.

Kitn

I am a constant peeker. I can't help it. And i always try a little sliver well before I should!

SimplyE said:
Yes!!! And it doesn't get easier, either!!! I guess if anything else, it teaches us some sort of patience...NOT! I just had to see if mine were set up from last night, since I am trying something different. The end of my pvc now has a nice big glop out of the end of it. :shock:

:lol: I'm still learning how to spell that "p" word - not even close to understanding it! Sheesh - I don't think it will ever get easier....but I have learned that if I behave myself and leave my shaped soaps in their mold for 48 hours they pop out easy as can be......(note to self
writelist.gif
leave soaps in mold long enough to truly set up).....

Yea I couldn't wait on my first batch I used a small bar last night and its only been curing for 3 or 4 days. I was like OH FORGET IT I DON'T HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN. I don't regret it ether. I did find it does lather better then I thought.

Now if I can only figure out why my skin is peeling...J/K :lol:

Back