SMF February Challenge - Spin Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys. I really appreciate trying to cheer me up. I did however cut the soap bars horizontally. That's how I got the mirror image that people were talking about. I just didn't like the colors or pattern they made. It looked a bit too earthy to me without much definition.

SweetBubbleTreat,

So sorry I suggested you cut it a different way. I was thinking it might be more swirly another way rather than questioning whether you had followed the rules. :(

I think you did a really good job and kudos to you for submitting an entry.
I took one look and thought I didn't even have the fortitude to attempt the challenge. Colours are so difficult for me, that combined with a slow trace, just sent me screaming in the other direction!

And the results are in!!!

Runaway 1st place goes to Mintle!!

2nd Judiraz

And a very close 3rd goes to LisaAnne

Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone that took part

Congratulations to the winners, well deserved! As always there were so many beautiful entries. Well done to everyone who participated. :)

Congratulations to the winners, you did an amazing job. Beautiful soaps.

Thanks so much. I really liked is challenge. I appreciate the votes. I'm so glad Mintle won. Her soap was gorgeous!!!

Can't wait for the next one.

Congratulations to the winners. You all made beautiful soaps and the win was well deserved.

I enjoyed giving another new (to me) technique a try, and again learned along the way. Thank you Sonya for another fun challenge. Can't wait to see what comes next!

For those that want to go right to the entry link, it's here:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=58607&highlight=Entry+Thread

Huge congrats to the winners!

Mintle, I don't think your adorable kitties were shocked you didn't bevel the bars. I think think they were in awe of your spin talents! Very beautiful work and well deserved 1st place!

Judiraz, the soft pastel color palatte you chose was perfect for spring. The pink, blue and yellow make me long for the spring flowers to pop out and bloom. Beautiful soap!

LisaAnne, "Starry Night" by Van Gogh is a perfect name! I love the bars with the dark tops and lighter bottoms but it's so cool that each one has it's own personality. Great work!

Hats off to mintle and her feline quality assurance team for the win this month! I thought everyone did a great job and it was so nice to play with color after the Jan black & white challenge. I can't wait to see what the March challenge will be . . . who's hosting?

Congrats to all the winners! This challenge was my first attempt (the two I did) at a spin swirl. I don't think I ever would've done it had it not been for this challenge. I really loved seeing everyone's results and interpretations. I'm tucking this technique away for the future for sure! A big thank you to Sonya for hosting. :)

Yes. I will be hosting March's challenge. It will be up by 10 am CST tomorrow. I've got the post written out and the video uploaded but I want to wait till it is actually March 1st to post.

Nicely done, everyone! Although I sat this one out, it was an education to follow all of your trials and tribulations and a pleasure to see the results.

Back