SMF February Challenge - Spin Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is lovely that you like my soaps! It was a lucky pour :)
And I must confess I cannot cut soaps straight, I just have a mold with dividers!

These are my two batches number 2 and 3 that I did not submit.

No 2 - I wanted soft shades instead of colour blast from the batch No 1, but the lines became too undefined. I see many strange sea creatures there.

No 3 - I just need to use at least some additives from time to time and couldn't stop myself - I put a lot of tussiah silk and my batch accelerated a bit . I see a fish here and on the right something much too feminine...

Thank you for organising this challenge! :) a great adventure indeed.

IMG_0266.jpg

Sweet Bubble Treats
You need to put your name on the entry list on this thread. I can't do it from my phone.

Your entry was great - not everyone likes bright colours and not everyone enters so kudos to you . [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]
I am not sure that you cut your bars horizontally through the mold to showcase your swirls. I think you might have done vertical cuts?

Last edited:
1. traderbren - (am I really first? Can I plant an earworm? Cuz this challenge will spin me right round baby, right round)
2. MySoapyHeart (Never done this, I don`thave the right mold. Sure, sign me up!)
3. Misschief (wasn't going to...nope, nope... oh, what the heck!)
4. McGraysoldtowngifts (Insert witty comment here)
5. KCHaystack (Time to take my new mold out for another spin)
6. dibbles (I'll give it a whirl. Yes, I said that.)
7. doriettefarm (here's hoping I don't end up with soap all over the walls & ceiling, wheee!)
8. Judiraz ( I can use color, right? Thank Goodness!)
9. BlackDog (yay! no more black soap!)
10. Steve85569 ( not going to put myself through that this month! On my way back from the shop with fresh built mold - may as well....)
11. Snappyllama (sweet, I love spin swirls!)
12. AMD - what could possibly go wrong?
13. Crispysoap (first challenge and first slab mold......what was I thinking!)
14. TheDragonGirl (Good excuse to build that slab mold I really want)
15. Mrs Spaceship (This should be easy enough...right...right??)
16.JuneP (hope I can get one of those molds/dividers so I can do this!)
17. mintle (will definitely wear two sets of protective glasses for this crazy spinning one)
18. navigator9 (Finally getting off my lazy, retired butt.....I'm in!)
19. Saponista (Better go and dust off the lazy Susan from the loft - I can see this getting messy!)
20. Dillsandwitch ( Its been a while since I have made any soap. No better excuse to get back on the wagon)
21. songwind (Life keeps ambushing me before I can finish my entry, but I'm trying again.)
22. SweetBubbleTreat
23. QueenBeeSoap (What am I getting myself into?! Better sign up before I talk myself out of it.)
24. GalaxyMLP (I'm a fan of loaf molds and will try mine in a loaf!)
25. Serene (Ok ok Newbie I am in !!! On third attempt but who cares? I am just here for second breakfast anyway!)
26. LittleCrazyWolf (fashionably late)
27. Body by M
28. LisaAnne
29. Rowan

reposting the sign up list as we lost some people after Body by M signed up on page 19.

SweetBubbleTreat was signed up on page 13 Penelopejane

Sweet Bubble Treats
You need to put your name on the entry list on this thread. I can't do it from my phone.

Your entry was great - not everyone likes bright colours and not everyone enters so kudos to you . [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]
I am not sure that you cut your bars horizontally through the mold to showcase your swirls. I think you might have done vertical cuts?

Hi Penelopejane - I'm not sure I agree regarding the cut of SweetBubbleTreat's soap - I feel from looking at it that it has been cut horizontally as the swirls are consistant with how I would expect a spin swirl to look.I am going to allow it in the voting.

I always ask my BF for help when voting. He chose very different ones than I did this time. Usually he picks the same ones as I do. We compromised between the 3. I like asking him because as a non-soaper I feel he has a less biased opinion/doesnt know the forum. He just goes "oh, I like that one, the colors are different" or "that ones neat, it looks really cool". He give me a more rounded perspective!

I always ask my BF for help when voting. He chose very different ones than I did this time. Usually he picks the same ones as I do. We compromised between the 3. I like asking him because as a non-soaper I feel he has a less biased opinion/doesnt know the forum. He just goes "oh, I like that one, the colors are different" or "that ones neat, it looks really cool". He give me a more rounded perspective!

That sounds fun, I should ask hub for his opinion next time!

Voted. I went to vote 3 times, and couldn't decide. Each time I went on the voting thread, I thought I had it figured out. Then checked and unchecked boxes until I had to stop and regroup. Tough choice this time - but then it always seems to be that way. Fantastic entries!

Hi Penelopejane - I'm not sure I agree regarding the cut of SweetBubbleTreat's soap - I feel from looking at it that it has been cut horizontally as the swirls are consistant with how I would expect a spin swirl to look.I am going to allow it in the voting.

Oh, I am so sorry Sonya, I wasn't thinking of not allowing it at all.

Sweet Bubble Treat was just saying she didn't like the way her soap looked and I thought it might look a bit swirlier if cut the other way. You are no doubt right. I was trying to cheer Sweet Bubble Treat up.

Oh, I am so sorry Sonya, I wasn't thinking of not allowing it at all.

Sweet Bubble Treat was just saying she didn't like the way her soap looked and I thought it might look a bit swirlier if cut the other way. You are no doubt right. I was trying to cheer Sweet Bubble Treat up.

Ok no worries. Sorry if I misunderstood your intention

Thank you guys. I really appreciate trying to cheer me up. I did however cut the soap bars horizontally. That's how I got the mirror image that people were talking about. I just didn't like the colors or pattern they made. It looked a bit too earthy to me without much definition. My pics did make them look brighter than in person tho. Thank you for hosting this challenge for us. I think maybe more practice and a better mold than my old square Tupperware dish will work better next time. Anyone have a suggestion for a mold that's 2 inches deep with individual dividers? I think that would work way better. Thank you again for allowing me to stay in the voting.

Latest posts

Back