SMF February Challenge - Spin Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could some help me sign up? I haven't been able to figure out how to sign up and where the entry pictures are. Thanks

Could some help me sign up? I haven't been able to figure out how to sign up and where the entry pictures are. Thanks

Hello LisaAnne! we sign in this thread, browse back a couple of pages and there is a list od participants, you just copy paste the list in a new post and add your name as the last one :). and you are in!
and the thread for submitting the photos is here:
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=58607

Ooo, I just noticed that. Did I mess up? I can delete my entry. I did use TD to whiten the white part but is that "two colors"? I think I made a mistake.

White and purple is completely fine

Tbh honest I probably didn't need to put that in the rules did I? Can't really achieve a spin swirl with 1 colour anyway!!

1. traderbren - (am I really first? Can I plant an earworm? Cuz this challenge will spin me right round baby, right round)

2. MySoapyHeart (Never done this, I don`thave the right mold. Sure, sign me up!)

3. Misschief (wasn't going to...nope, nope... oh, what the heck!)

4. McGraysoldtowngifts (Insert witty comment here)

5. KCHaystack (Time to take my new mold out for another spin)

6. dibbles (I'll give it a whirl. Yes, I said that.)

7. doriettefarm (here's hoping I don't end up with soap all over the walls & ceiling, wheee!)

8. Judiraz ( I can use color, right? Thank Goodness!)

9. BlackDog (yay! no more black soap!)

10. Steve85569 ( not going to put myself through that this month! On my way back from the shop with fresh built mold - may as well....)

11. Snappyllama (sweet, I love spin swirls!)

12. AMD - what could possibly go wrong?

13. Crispysoap (first challenge and first slab mold......what was I thinking!)

14. TheDragonGirl (Good excuse to build that slab mold I really want)

15. Mrs Spaceship (This should be easy enough...right...right??)

16.JuneP (hope I can get one of those molds/dividers so I can do this!)

17. mintle (will definitely wear two sets of protective glasses for this crazy spinning one)

18. navigator9 (Finally getting off my lazy, retired butt.....I'm in!)

19. Saponista (Better go and dust off the lazy Susan from the loft - I can see this getting messy!)

20. Dillsandwitch ( Its been a while since I have made any soap. No better excuse to get back on the wagon)

21. songwind (Life keeps ambushing me before I can finish my entry, but I'm trying again.)

22. Body by M - time to get back on the soap making bandwagon
23. LisaAnne

I posted my entry already, so I'll post another batch here - this was my second try. I like it fine; just liked the colors in the entry soap better. This one is scented with BB Crisp Anjou Pear. I *love* this fragrance. Super fresh!

1456064069680.jpg

I'm having trouble deciding on attempt #2 or 3 for my entry soap. I'll post up in the next day or two. Just need to sit down with Jan at the big computer and let her decide.

Nice having a DW that'll help like that!

The ones posted up so far are really nice! I'll post mine anyway.:neutral:

I'm having trouble deciding on attempt #2 or 3 for my entry soap. I'll post up in the next day or two. Just need to sit down with Jan at the big computer and let her decide.

Nice to have a hard decision!

I found this from Shieh Design Studios. Instead of doing the jerky swirl, she took her entire mold and circled it on the countertop to get a little bit of a different spin. When I did my dowel-in-the-corner spin, the results was somewhat similar. Love the thinking outside the box!

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 12.58.42 PM.jpg

Don't forget you have to enter by the end of tomorrow!

Well, i have an entry - just posted it a few minutes ago. The whole house smells of lavender mixed with Nag Champa, because yesterday I made 12 bars of Nag Champa in my wave molds. I do love soaping and all those lovely aromas throughout the house. I'm not even going to put away my soaping things. I just have to decide my next soap.
I'm thinking mango papaya FO, or Egyptian Musk which smells like a guy scent, or Amber which I love as well. I want to used this 9 bar slab mold again. This time I'll oil it. It took forever and great effort to get those soaps out! I'll also line the mold even though it has a silicone liner. It was the hard silicone liner that gave me the most problem. I finally relented and used the thinnest, large, sharpest knife I have to remove it. Don't want to go through that again!

Here's the one we decided was just not quite enough contrast. But it's a nice Easter soap.
Somehow I always get the feeling I should have gone the other way once I make the post .:-?

Steve

Steve those are gorgeous! Really soft and pretty!

1. traderbren - (am I really first? Can I plant an earworm? Cuz this challenge will spin me right round baby, right round)

2. MySoapyHeart (Never done this, I don`thave the right mold. Sure, sign me up!)

3. Misschief (wasn't going to...nope, nope... oh, what the heck!)

4. McGraysoldtowngifts (Insert witty comment here)

5. KCHaystack (Time to take my new mold out for another spin)

6. dibbles (I'll give it a whirl. Yes, I said that.)

7. doriettefarm (here's hoping I don't end up with soap all over the walls & ceiling, wheee!)

8. Judiraz ( I can use color, right? Thank Goodness!)

9. BlackDog (yay! no more black soap!)

10. Steve85569 ( not going to put myself through that this month! On my way back from the shop with fresh built mold - may as well....)

11. Snappyllama (sweet, I love spin swirls!)

12. AMD - what could possibly go wrong?

13. Crispysoap (first challenge and first slab mold......what was I thinking!)

14. TheDragonGirl (Good excuse to build that slab mold I really want)

15. Mrs Spaceship (This should be easy enough...right...right??)

16.JuneP (hope I can get one of those molds/dividers so I can do this!)

17. mintle (will definitely wear two sets of protective glasses for this crazy spinning one)

18. navigator9 (Finally getting off my lazy, retired butt.....I'm in!)

19. Saponista (Better go and dust off the lazy Susan from the loft - I can see this getting messy!)

20. Dillsandwitch ( Its been a while since I have made any soap. No better excuse to get back on the wagon)

21. songwind (Life keeps ambushing me before I can finish my entry, but I'm trying again.)

22. Body by M - time to get back on the soap making bandwagon
23. LisaAnne

24. Rowan - hope I'm not to late!

I just wanted to say a great big thankyou Sonya for the challenge. It was such fun, I'm definetely going to practice this again. I've definitely got a lot to learn, particularly about pouring. I also used a rectangular mould and found I couldn't get a circular swirl, just an elongated swirl. It wouldn't go round the corner or round the bend or maybe that's just me! Some of the cut bars look scarily like gynae scans but I'm sure one looks like a cat. I absolutely love everyone's entries on the challenge thread. Mintle, your colours and swirl are really gorgeous!

Wow, great entries, people, so many cool patterns and colors to look at! *thumbs up*
This was (also) a really cool challenge.

Latest posts

Back