Share your FUGLY Soap! Fail Forward!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 36163 This poor guy. Don’t even remember what I was trying to do other than use up some sandalwood EO. Why did I think men would want goats milk soap???
I don't think it would win the ugly competition, but I can see why you were disappointed in the colors. The swirls are quite nice. Why don't men like goat's milk soap??

Oh no, it’ll be great soap—as goat’s milk soap goes, but this was by no means what I was going for. I had forgotten how impossible it is to get 100% GM soap white, and the red was supposed to be true red as I used “Really Red” mica, which is supposed to be pretty good.

Not fugly at all. In case you didn't know, Nurture has come out with a new red mica (My Red Obsession) that is a very good red. It isn't as fire engine red as Really Red. Really Red is a pigment and has to gel to get good results - it's gorgeous when it works, but I've had it turn out to be a pinkish color. https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/red.71199/#post-714973

This morning I unwrapped what has to be the FUGLIEST soap on the planet.
Oh wow!! That was worse than I was expecting. I thought mine was bad. I created a salt soap but used a FO that contained a lot of vanilla so needless to say my creamy white soap tuned brown and nasty looking.

@DWinMadison You can also send it to me, I love sandalwood. If that is your fugly one, your good ones must be off the charts! (And I also updated my profile avatar after too many hits to my fragile male ego.)
Am I missing something? Your avatar looks the same...
@DWinMadison that smile reminds me of a friend's hehehe

Back