Share your FUGLY Soap! Fail Forward!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If y'all want ugly soap and some lessons to learn mine's up for public ridicule here lol it was my first batch that I made without help from anyone, unless you count my SOs hand holding lol

I've also made a blue cheese soap that's also somewhere here... More mold than cheese, according to my sister.

I love blue cheese but it sounds kinda scary haha. now I wanna see the pics

IMG_1049.JPG
This poor guy. Don’t even remember what I was trying to do other than use up some sandalwood EO. Why did I think men would want goats milk soap???

But that's not fugly at all! Or was something else not right with it?

Oh no, it’ll be great soap—as goat’s milk soap goes, but this was by no means what I was going for. I had forgotten how impossible it is to get 100% GM soap white, and the red was supposed to be true red as I used “Really Red” mica, which is supposed to be pretty good. It reminds me of the toys from the Island of Misfit Toys from “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.” It doesn’t really “fit” anywhere—too ugly for women—too “goat’s milky” for men, and the sandalwood in really predominant. My wife was like, “Um, thanks but no thanks.”

I have the same problem with the micas someone gifted me but in my case my soaps end up being pastel colored probably coz I didn't realize I had to use lots.

I'm a woman who won't mind using that.. You still don't get my vote for fugly soap lol :p

Gives a whole new level of meaning to "Pinch a Loaf"

a DINO Loaf!

That may be what I will name it!
OMG that is just wrong!! LOL I love it, I have several of those myself! My son asked if he was EVER going to get pretty soaps, or was he destined to only have Crap soap.

When I asked my son what he thought about the soap (the one I first posted), coz I made it for him actually, he called it dog poop. Couldn't really blame him.....

:lol:

oh, sorry -- that wasn't very kind. tee hee!

My fugly was my 'meat soap' - dreadful! I colored with paprika and turmeric, first and last times!
I put a bit of mica on top to dress up the pig, lol. Sorry that the pics are just as dreadful as the soap!

View attachment 36127 View attachment 36128

Did you intentionally try to make meat soap? Maybe you can sell them to Lady Gaga...celebrity priced of course. There might be masculine market too...for the steak and potatoes guy.

Did you intentionally try to make meat soap? Maybe you can sell them to Lady Gaga...celebrity priced of course. There might be masculine market too...for the steak and potatoes guy.

Those are great ideas! ... but no, i did not intend this soap. The wet soap batter was appalling -- looked like mustard and ketchup.

Oh no, it’ll be great soap—as goat’s milk soap goes, but this was by no means what I was going for. I had forgotten how impossible it is to get 100% GM soap white, and the red was supposed to be true red as I used “Really Red” mica, which is supposed to be pretty good. It reminds me of the toys from the Island of Misfit Toys from “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.” It doesn’t really “fit” anywhere—too ugly for women—too “goat’s milky” for men, and the sandalwood in really predominant. My wife was like, “Um, thanks but no thanks.”

Sounds perfect for me - goat's milk and strong sandalwood - yum! Send it my way, please!
I even like the colors. You're gonna have to do 'better' (worse) than that - not fugly at all!

Back